Fan Mug

(Poem calendar and anything else)

Moderators: D.Rabbit, Lea_

stella

Fan Mug

Post by stella » Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:19 am

Here's an idea that had me giggling last night... :lol:

Well, it started over on the "Welcome New Members" section. Unable to give Keith's fans an Oscar, I thought up a coffee mug with Keith's picture on one side, "KHC Most Devoted Fans Award" on the other, and the words "drool fuel" on the inside upper lip.

Then I tried to think of a variation on this for Keith, since he doesn't need a mug with his own photo on it. You know those "color-your-own" pop-apart mugs? How about we print out a dozen inserts with a different fan photo for every month and make Keith a "Fan of the Month" mug?

I know, I'm being silly...But if you think Keith would be even mildly amused, I'd be willing to attempt the grunt work if you all wanted to pick the top twelve fans and send me photos to put on the inserts. Or, get a mug and give you all the dimensions so you could design your own.

Whaddaya think?

Stella

D.Rabbit

Post by D.Rabbit » Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:31 pm

Hi Stella,
Great minds think a like, this idea came to me years ago, as you can see by the pictures.
Love the caption, "Drool Fuel."
    Come Have Coffee With Me
    Or Tea
    My Favorite
    My Hearts' Desire
    Come Here!
    Keeping it cool or HOT!
    This one is either a soup bowl or a sugar bowl with my Alphabet Soup photo edit on it.
    AK is mixing it up while Keith stands and laughs in the upper left.
    For larger view and text click here.
    New this morning, you can't see it, because it's not there, but it actually says, "Good Morning Honey Bunny"
I'm not too sure about the other mug, only a dozen inserts? His gays fans are new to the forum and who knows how Keith feels about that. It's a cute idea, but I'm sure Keith knows who his favorite is at any given time.

It could accompany the calendar, using the participants pictures, they could use their avatar, or calendar poem and picture if they don't want to use their photo. He could change it for the month, but that's assuming he will be in the same place at the first of the month. Since he appears to still have that gypsy blood running through him, it's not all that likely.
Last edited by D.Rabbit on Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Unconditional Love is all you need.

Osiris Under Glass

stella

Post by stella » Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:30 am

You are the Artist! Namaste! (Stella bows with two hands together, acknowledging the divine spark within D.Rabbit)

I love your mugs...Very colorful. Mine was a simple black & white. :oops: Oh, I have missed the laughter this group brings me (To clarify, I am not laughing at you or at your work, but at the intricacies of the world and the human mind, okay? It is too easy to be misunderstood when you cannot see my face)

I think now that you pointed it out that a changable mug might be too complicated for Keith to carry around and switch among his favs. But I like the idea of photos included in the corner of the calendar, or on the back page or something...Some fans have already posted their pictures online or sent them to Keith (those who aren't too shy to do so). Some he has met at various events. But perhaps there are times when he is between gigs when it would be nice for him to put faces to his fans? Just to remind him of the diverse group of people his work has touched?

I don't know. It was just an idea. An idea that would need reshaped by the Artists of the group.

Thanks for sharing the mugs!

Stella

D.Rabbit

Post by D.Rabbit » Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:13 am

love your mugs...Very colorful. Mine was a simple black & white. Oh, I have missed the laughter this group brings me (To clarify, I am not laughing at you or at your work, but at the intricacies of the world and the human mind, okay? It is too easy to be misunderstood when you cannot see my face)
If you where not laughing at me I would be seriously sad, I'm light hearted by nature, and laughter is food for my soul.

I did have site bookmarked that produced printed mugs, but it was so long ago and if you could see my book marks....Their organized for sure, but there are hundreds of them, and since it was so long ago it is probably on my first computer, 3 computers back, that is still waiting for new mother board.

Glad you liked my mugs of the mug I adore.

Osiris Under Glass

Roz or Roslyn

Post by Roz or Roslyn » Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:23 am

Hi Stella and D. Rabbit. I LOVE these mugs and the idea of small fan pics on the calendar is a good idea as well, but I do not have a scanner, maybe a picture phone might do?? In any case, I also thought about the bookmarks for Keith so that he can have these when he is reading. But I did not do anything on this, I was just thinking out loud.

D.Rabbit

Post by D.Rabbit » Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:27 am

Book marks are a great idea, you don't suppose he's using his dreads now do you?
Maybe not, the hair dressing might mark the pages.
Me bad.

Keith and book, but would he want us staring back at him while he's reading?
Would it not be a form of stalking? ;)

Roz or Roslyn

Post by Roz or Roslyn » Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:09 am

It would be a way for him to remember his fans who are loyal to him and still want the best for him in whatever he does with his life and career. maybe then he will come on board and talk with us again. but who knows. He may be so busy that he just do not have the time.

shione123

Stella!!!

Post by shione123 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:24 am

Please add the photo that D., did of Keith and I to a mug that would leave me "pleasantly" satisfied.

Cyowari

Post by Cyowari » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:14 am

Great ideas all over!
I'll be your accomplice in every justifiable action ...
Then up he rose, and donn'd his clothes, / And dupp'd the chamber-door;
Let in the maid, that out a maid / Never departed more.
Hamlet, Act IV, Sc. V

D.Rabbit

Post by D.Rabbit » Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:44 pm

Cyowari wrote:Great ideas all over!
I'll be your accomplice in every justifiable action ...
What? you don't want to get knee deep in any of our unjustifiable actions? ;)

Shione, I thought you wanted me to keep that edit a secret, but if your willing to allow it out in the open, as soon as I get my drive fixed....

Osiris Under Glass

Cyowari

Post by Cyowari » Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:04 pm

D.Rabbit wrote: What? you don't want to get knee deep in any of our unjustifiable actions? ;)
Honey! Not on the board :wink:
Then up he rose, and donn'd his clothes, / And dupp'd the chamber-door;
Let in the maid, that out a maid / Never departed more.
Hamlet, Act IV, Sc. V

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:13 pm

Great mug designs D, and very good idea Stella.

Still, I think the book marks would be better for the simple fact that a mug won't reach Keith as easily as stuff made of paper would - remember that only cards, letters and the like get forwarded to LA, bigger/havier gifts he picks up himself whenever in NYC.

Anyhow ladies, keep us posted on any development on these ideas, and I'll be another happy accomplice. :wink:
What does it profit a man to gain the world and loose his soul. If you don't know where you're coming from, you don't know where you're heading. Past, present and future.

shione123

Post by shione123 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:12 pm

teehee cat is out of the bag, D., fix that drive! lol

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Post by mare_serenitatis » Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:46 pm

I second that :)
War doesn't decide who is right. It only decides who is left.

Roslyn

Post by Roslyn » Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:14 pm

I loved the bookmarks and the mugs. All great ideas. Maybe I will do a book mark too along with the calendar. Now to find something interesting as a book mark?? Roz
Roz