Happy Birthday Keith 2009

(Poem calendar and anything else)

Moderators: D.Rabbit, Lea_

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:09 pm

sprinkles wrote:Ashanti I know of a great rinse that could take care of them grays for him. But maybe he likes them. One never knows.
Oh I'm pretty sure he likes the gray or he would have done something about it already (his goatee started showing signs of gray back in '01) but it always seemed to me that our Actor Fella is someone who cannot care less about what is fashonable or "the done thing" by the mass, he's his own individual who's going to do what he thinks right, and that's pretty much it. I like that about him, though I'm sure that mindset hasn't always served him best especially in his line of work.
What does it profit a man to gain the world and loose his soul. If you don't know where you're coming from, you don't know where you're heading. Past, present and future.

ladybug

Post by ladybug » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:50 pm

I agree Ashanti. I hope he keeps the gray too. Coloring the gray doesn't always look good or right on people. Besides, gray can mean experience not just old. I've had gray since I was 30 and my hair would be considered salt and pepper. It doesn't bother me because I earned every single one of them. :)

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Post by mare_serenitatis » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:40 am

I third that :) Grey hair looks really good on some men, and badly dyed hair always looks terrible.
Especially in AAs the grey makes a nice contrast to the skin and livens up the otherwise slightly dull black of their hair.

Oh dear, that sounds as if I'd talk about the candidates at a dog show. I'm not trying to be racist but rather try to look at the grey hair problem from an unbiased strictly esthetical point of view. Leaving all personal feelings out tends to make things sound heartless and - in this case - racist.

As for my personal experience with the grey hair problem: I started to turn grey about 2 or 3 years ago. Didn't notice it at first since the rascals crept up my scalp from behind. When I finally discovered them it was already too late.
I like it, though. I don't get grey strands (yet), but only single white hairs that add a lovely glitter-effect to my reddish brown hair.
War doesn't decide who is right. It only decides who is left.