PHOTO ALBUM OF KHC, OVER THE YEARS

(Poem calendar and anything else)

Moderators: D.Rabbit, Lea_

Ashanti

Re: PHOTO ALBUM OF KHC, OVER THE YEARS

Post by Ashanti » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:12 pm

A bit of YUMMY Tyr always goes down very nicely! :drool:

However Mare, isn't there a way the MB can re-size pix when they're too large? Otherwise it makes the Thread look all out of wack. :shock:
Just wondering.
What does it profit a man to gain the world and loose his soul. If you don't know where you're coming from, you don't know where you're heading. Past, present and future.

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:47 am

^^^
Hi mimosa!

Yeah the pic is a little big, I thought the MB would re-size it automatically (some MBs' software does as standard, but I guess this isn't the case) that's why I was asking Mare about it, cause I'm not too sure how to do it otherwise.
The only other thing I can think of if you have a Photobucket account, is to post it through that. Usually it provides you with an Image code which you can use to post directly by way of copying and pasting it onto your reply.
Alternatively, I also have a copy of the same pic which I'm pretty sure is smaller than your one, I can PM it to you and then you can save it to you computer and try posting it again...just an idea.

Anyway, I guess as first attempt at posting attachments on the Board, you shouldn't worry too much if the size is a bit disproportionate to the other photos...is only in the event you wanna post more in the future, that you might need to try some alternative solution.
Like I said, Photobucket is very good and it also gives you the opportunity of posting multiple pix in one reply, whereas the MB only allows for 3 attachments at any given time.

Hope this helps, and like I said, don't worry too much about small glitches like these as you're new here and still learning the Board's features and stuff. :D
Last edited by Ashanti on Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
What does it profit a man to gain the world and loose his soul. If you don't know where you're coming from, you don't know where you're heading. Past, present and future.

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:14 am

Hey!

Yeah Potoshop is a good software to re-size pix and the like.
I was talking about Photobucket though, which is a free website you can open an account on and post pix and vids to share with others by way of giving them the page addy or by using the various codes it gives you to post on MBs like this one or sites like Facebook, YouTube and the like.

Anyway, as I said, I can also send you a copy of my version of that pic through PM...is entirely up to you.
If you get stuck in any way, feel free to PM me or ask any question in this Thread or the Technical Questions Forum.

michael elizabeth

Post by michael elizabeth » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:47 am

Hi mimosa. Welcome :D

That particular picture is my favorite of KHC. Thank you for posting it.

The size is perfect. You did a great job.

It took me months to learn how to posts pictures. :wink:

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:19 am

Hi mimosa!

ME is right, this size is much better, well done. :thanx:

As for the other pic, I'm gonna go ahead and PM it to you, so you'll have a couple of options if you decide to post it again...hope it's ok. :D

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:57 am

All this talking of pix got me in the mood for posting a few myself...

These are from the 2010 production of "Duchess Of Malfi" both on and off stage.

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:34 pm

^^^
I see you're getting the hang of it mimosa...cool, I'm glad you're having fun posting pix. :D

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:22 pm

^^^
You're welcome mimosa! :smooch:

Ok so, for some more pix....see what you've started girl?! :wink:

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:26 pm

And a few more....

Oh, and for whomever was asking somewhere uptheread (I think it was ME) about AMC pix, there is this one! :wink:

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:33 pm

Just a few more pix I happened to have handy...
Enjoy :wink:

If you frequent Keith's Appreciation Society on Facebook you might be already familiar with these (I posted them there a few months back) still, I thought you'd possibly like to see/have them here too.

michael elizabeth

Post by michael elizabeth » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:18 am

I did sign up for FB but, I have never been back. My sister made me do it so I could see her home renovations. :D

Thank you for posting the pics, Ashanti and please continue. :drool:

:smooch:

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:26 am

michael elizabeth wrote:My sister made me do it so I could see her home renovations. :D
Lol, I know, people signs up for Facebook for the strangest reasons! :lol:

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Post by mare_serenitatis » Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:51 pm

I had a facebook account for 2 weeks and then I gave it up. Their data security (or lack of, rather) is truely a nightmare. Apparently they collect and sell adresses to spammers and advertizing agencies. After 2 weeks they suddenly wouldn't let me log on but demanded my mobile phone number for confirmation purposes (to prove that I am actually a person)! I played stupid and sent them a mail saying that even in this technologized age not everybody has a cell phone and I certainly wouldn't buy one only for them to sell the number to a phone advertizing company. It took 8 mails and as many weeks for them to react and grudgingly acknowledge that my existence was suficciently proved by my mails.
The first thing I did when I regained access to my account was to delete all images and other uploads and then to delete my own account. Fortunately, I found a manual in the net how to do that, since at facebook they hide the delete button extremely well.
Also, did you know that under certain circumstances from your facebook account you can send mails through other members' accounts? That's *the* invitation for spammers and hackers! The authorities discovered this security gap only last week.

I hear there is a university-run anonymous site which protects data excellently and never ever passes it on (nor has any security gaps like facebook). It's called something with "diaspora" in it. I'm considering to sign up there, once I found it.

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Post by mare_serenitatis » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:24 pm

ooooh, that was one of my favourite scenes! Hee-Hah!!!

michael elizabeth

Post by michael elizabeth » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:23 pm

My favorite part is when she trips him. The look on his face is priceless! :lol: