The Corner

Tell about anything you are interested: foreign cultures, Pooh-Bear and everything else.

Moderators: FBI, D.Rabbit, Karin, Vee

ladybug

Re: The Corner

Post by ladybug » Thu May 06, 2010 7:52 pm

Hmmm, I can't see the hug smiley anymore. Oh well.

Hugs Natalie and mare.

I've never seen a buckwheat pillow. I will have to do research and see if I can afford to get one.

I've considered Tai Chi. I will have to look into it.

I have to sleep practically sitting up thanks to a hiatel hernia, which can make your back hurt more. Oh well, better that than being in pain for days due to my stomach.

I posted a new interview in the interview thread, for those interested who haven't noticed it yet.

Man, he gets hotter with every picture, and interview he does. :drool:

If you are from the US and have Sunday as your mother's day- :balloons1: HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!

Have a great weekend everybody.

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Post by mare_serenitatis » Fri May 07, 2010 5:27 pm

Sunday is Mother's day over here in Europe, too :)

I sooo agree about Keith getting hotter. And his still being single definitely adds to it. Why must all the handsome guys live at the other end of the world?

The hug smilies are coded:

Code: Select all

:hug: 
:hug:

:grouphug: 
:grouphug:

:bighug:
:bighug:

Amazon.com offers buckwheat pillows from different manufacturers. The user comments differ widely. I suppose one must try out a few until one finds the one that suits oneself best. My one is labelled "made in Germany" but unfortunately doesn't name the manufacturer. It's a pure cotton hull with an organic buckweat husk filling. If I recall correctly it cost about $30 but that was 15 years ago. It has a zipper so that I can take out the filling and wash the hull in the machine if necessary. It's about 36 by 18 inches, half the size of a twin pillow, and filled to about 2/3 of its maximum volume (so that it gives way under my weight and is not too hard). The husks don't always arrange themselves properly around my head, so I push it into shape, but it then keeps the shape all night. I use a thin dune-filled pillow on top of it, to muffle the rustling of the husks.
It's solid enough to be very comfortable as a support for my back when I sit in bed, reading.

ladybug

Post by ladybug » Fri May 07, 2010 9:14 pm

Thanks mare.

I'll go to Amazon and see what I can find.

Have a great next-week.

Peace!

ladybug

Post by ladybug » Sat May 29, 2010 1:35 am

Have a great Memorial Day Weekend.

I always think about my mother, grandfather, and grandmother. The past couple years I have thought about my roomate who died in 2008. I try not to be sad, but sometimes its hard. I try to think of the good times, smile, laugh, and go on with life. This year, however, I'm trying to quit smoking. I'll just have to try and think happy thoughts.

Think happy thoughts
Think happy thoughts. :wink:

Have a good weekend everybody.

PEACE!
Bless'd be

Natalie 9

Post by Natalie 9 » Sun May 30, 2010 2:24 am

ladybugImage

I have lost my best friend in October 2008. She has died suddenly of heart attack. It was so unexpectedly, and I cannot get used till now to it. All time I think of she as about alive, and it seems to me that tomorrow she will enter into my door and will sit down to drink tea with me. But she does not come, and it causes melancholy.
But I always have only pleasant memoirs on she, and even I smile thinking of she.

ladybug

Post by ladybug » Mon May 31, 2010 6:31 pm

Natalie 9 wrote:ladybugImage

I have lost my best friend in October 2008. She has died suddenly of heart attack. It was so unexpectedly, and I cannot get used till now to it. All time I think of she as about alive, and it seems to me that tomorrow she will enter into my door and will sit down to drink tea with me. But she does not come, and it causes melancholy.
But I always have only pleasant memoirs on she, and even I smile thinking of she.
My roommate died of a sudden heart attack too. He was 45. I think of him often, and it can get sad at times. I knew him since I was 16. He could be a real asshole but, all in all, he was a nice fellow.

I had a heart attack in August 2007. They called it the widow maker, but I got to the hospital quickly, and they were able to put a stent it without my heart stopping. Its strange how I survived but he didn't, of course, his heart was in terrible shape and this was his second heart attack in 2 years.

I'm trying to think happy thoughts. Remember the good times, and let go of the bad. Its hard to forgive, and even harder to forget even after they are gone. But, I've succeeded so far.

Have a great day, evening, and week.

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Post by mare_serenitatis » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:53 pm

{{{{{{{ladybug}}}}}}}
It's quite unusual that someone dies from the second heart attack. For some miraculous reason, of those who survive the first, most survive the second as well and die of #3 or #4. It's much like the one cup with the crack always breaking only long after the rest of the crockery has gone to pieces ;)

I had a very light heart attack at 30 but I didn't even have to stay in hospital. Now I know my borders and don't let myself be stressed by others and I'm not taking many things (and people) as serious as I did before. My last ECG was really good, so that I think I'll postpone heart attack #2 till 2050 or so ;)

ladybug

Post by ladybug » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:32 pm

Hey mare,

The doctors said his heart was in terrible shape.

I was in the hospital for 3 days. I had an echocardiagrahm and they said a small portion of the heart muscle was damaged but it looked good otherwise. My last ekg was fine. I don't have high blood pressure or high cholesterol but I do take Lipitor because current research shows it may help prevent a second heart attack.

Have a great week.

ladybug

Post by ladybug » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:54 pm

No cigarettes since Friday morning before 8:00 am. I'm wearing the patch and I've had a few rough days since I started cutting back in mid May, but I'm hanging in there. So far, anyway. :wink:

Have a great weekend, and week, everybody.

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Post by mare_serenitatis » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:42 pm

wow, you're brave :) I quit smoking 28 years ago but I started to eat lots of sweets instead. Good for the lungs but bad for the wasteline ;)

ladybug

Post by ladybug » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:00 pm

mare_serenitatis wrote:wow, you're brave :) I quit smoking 28 years ago but I started to eat lots of sweets instead. Good for the lungs but bad for the wasteline ;)
76 days and counting. No patch for three weeks. Its been difficult but I'm hanging in there.

UGH! Tell me about it. All I seem to want is eat. Its hard not to eat, and not smoke. I may have gained a pound or two, and am trying not to over eat but its been difficult. All I can do is keep trying to maintain.

Man, its finally cooling off here. Its been over 100 with heat indexes in the 105-113 range and with very little rain. And, now that its cooling off, the mold and pollen is starting to skyrocket. Darn ragweed. :( I know, so hard to please. :wink: :)

Have a great weekend, and week everyone.

HUGS!

Sheila

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Post by mare_serenitatis » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:01 am

Here we had a heat wave followed by 3 weeks of rain. Good mushroom weather but my tomatos start to get mildew. The weeds are not that bad this year, but we have so many slugs that there is not enough food for all of them. In their despair some even started to eat my sunflowers, sage and hot peppers!

ladybug

Post by ladybug » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:44 pm

91 days without a cigarette. My cravings for sweets is getting better, thank goodness. I did gain some weight but have been working on cutting back for a week now. All I can do, is try.

90's today with heat index around 104. It had been in the 80's, and we got 1.9 inches of rain thanks to Hermine. It will be in the 80's starting this weekend, though, with a slight chance of rain this weekend.

Have a great weekend, and week, everyone.

See ya!

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Post by mare_serenitatis » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:41 pm

wow, you're brave! I lost 4 lbs, but that's propably less due to my discipline with sweets and more due to the tumour in my throat getting smaller and irritating the thyroid gland less. Also, the fact that I resumed my tai chi sword training might have added to the weight loss.

Over here in Germany it's cool (low 50s) but sunny. However, both my storm glass and the weather forecast predict rain for tomorrow. That was to be expected, though: I go to work by bicycle and St Peter hardly ever misses a chance to soak me to the skin :p

ladybug

Post by ladybug » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:26 pm

Hey Everybody,

Its been awhile. I didn't have the internet at home, and the library only allows you an hour, so I couldn't get here. My sister has a sick grandson and so, I haven't been able to make it over there for the internet. I'm trying to catch up today, and have succeeded this far.

Thanks for all the picks and articles. I appreciate being told whats going on with him. I miss seeing him, but I can't make it to Denver, even though its not that far.

It'll be 10 months without a cigarette on the 11th. I did gain weight but I've been maintaining since December. I guess maintaining is better than gaining, even though I would like to lose what I did gain.

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

HUGS!

Sheila