The Corner

Tell about anything you are interested: foreign cultures, Pooh-Bear and everything else.

Moderators: FBI, D.Rabbit, Karin, Vee

shione123

Re: The Corner

Post by shione123 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:54 am

Smoking is one of the toughest vices to break ladybug so I commend you. I hope you continue to beat the odds. :D

ladybug

Post by ladybug » Mon May 02, 2011 12:29 am

shione123 wrote:Smoking is one of the toughest vices to break ladybug so I commend you. I hope you continue to beat the odds. :D
Thanks shione. It has been difficult. I still have cravings but have been able to stop myself, so far.

How you doing?

shione123

Post by shione123 » Mon May 02, 2011 9:46 pm

I'm doing okay. Thanks for asking. It sounds like you are more than halfway there so hang in there. :wink:

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Post by mare_serenitatis » Fri May 20, 2011 1:20 pm

welcome back, Ladybug!
Stopping to smoke is pretty hard. I managed by eating lots of sweets. Losing weight is the next challenge ;)

shione123

Post by shione123 » Fri May 20, 2011 9:56 pm

You can do it, Mare! :)

ladybug

Post by ladybug » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:38 pm

mare_serenitatis wrote:welcome back, Ladybug!
Stopping to smoke is pretty hard. I managed by eating lots of sweets. Losing weight is the next challenge ;)
Definitely. I've gained 25 pounds in almost a year. I'm trying, though.

ladybug

Post by ladybug » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:57 pm

Hey everybody,

Still not smoking. YEAH!!!

Happy Halloween, All Hallow's Eve, Sonheim, or whatever else they call it. :beer:

I hope everyone is doing well.

Have a great week, weekend.

Sheila

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Post by mare_serenitatis » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:07 pm

congrats!
And don't worry about those pounds. As my friend Manfred uses to say: there can't be enough of someone you love ;)

shione123

Post by shione123 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:31 am

I'm happy that you're committed to stopping smoking, ladybug. That is such good news. Hi Mare! :)

ladybug

Post by ladybug » Wed May 23, 2012 5:35 pm

Hey everyone!

How's everyone doing?

I'm still not smoking (yeah!) and have lost 9 of the pounds I've gained. And, my depression is getting better thanks to a new drug. Allegies are a pain, but they always are for me. No sinus infection so far, which is great. Like everyone else I have good days and bad days, but mostly good these days. :)

I have missed the board, but haven't had the chance to come here. Its been fun catching up on the goings on with everyone. And, the pictures of Keith. HUBBA HUBBA :drool:

For those celebrating Memorial Day-have a great weekend.
To Everybody-have a great summer.

(I'm having trouble with the smilies SO-HUGS!)

Sheila

PS Happy belated birthday everyone but especially Keith. 50 years young and still gorgeus, even though I agree you are looking a little too thin.
Have a great one everybody.

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Post by mare_serenitatis » Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:33 am

welcome back :)

I've been busy lately looking for a new appartment. My landlady is 85 and starts to get rather muddle-headed. And aggressive (that's typical in the first stadium of Altzheimer).
Since killing her is too messy and running amok is too exhausting I shall go for option #3 and simply run.
I spent the last 4 months looking for an affordable appartment and now it looks as if I've found one: a really cool penthouse on the roof of a shopping mall. Surprisingly quiet and very spacy. Nice neighbour, too. I applied for the appartment and the secretary said I am #1 on their list, but as the owner of the building is a company in Luxemburg it will take 6-8 weeks till I get a definite yes (or a no).
For the time being I 'll keep looking at other appartments, just in case.

ladybug

Post by ladybug » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:13 am

Hey everybody,

Its been awhile. Its been great catching up with all the post. Thanks for the pictures, and info on Keith and his work.

Mare-did you get the apartment?

Alzheimers is a nasty disease. My grandmother had dementia but not the form called alzheimers. She was out there most of the time, could get very angry, lived mostly in the past, and didn't know the difference between what was real and what was just in her mind. It was very sad. It worries me, but there is no proof of it being genetic.

I finally lost all of the 25 pounds I gained and still don't smoke. YEAH!!! There is still plenty of me to love, and there always will be. I try to watch what I eat and when, but I don't have a very strong will to deny myself what I like to eat. Plus I take meds that make me hungry and gain weight. Then there are the stomach problems etc I have had since I was a teenager. It all adds up to more of me to go around, and to love. :)

I hope everyone had a great holiday season. I wish for everyone to have a wonderful 2013. I wish everyone to have a safe, happy, healthy, new year.

Has anybody suffered through the flu this year? I've been pretty healthy, so far.

BTW-Happy Birthday Keith. I know its early but I might not make it here again to express my wish for you to have a wonderful birthday.

Have a great week everybody!

Sheila

shione123

Post by shione123 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:42 pm

Hi ladybug! I'm so proud of you. You're still not smoking and you also lost weight. Well alright!

I'm sorry that you went through that with your grandmother. That must have been hard.

I'm happy that you haven't suffered the flu. Neither have I. Take care ladybug and I hope you're having a great week, too! :-)

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Post by mare_serenitatis » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:13 am

hi Ladybug! So sorry for replying that late but atm I am horribly busy at work and don't check in here often enough.
I did get the appartment and though it is horribly expensive I much enjoy the peace. It's a trifle loud during the day, being on top of a shopping mall, but after 9 pm it's nicely quiet. Still, teh last months I spent more than I earned and must really try to get a grip on my finances. Being so close to the farmers market is tempting but I can't afford in the long run to buy fish or meat for $15 per serving.

A for the flu: we're currently at the beginning of a flu wave. 2 weeks ago it was only some 70 cases, last week there were already 190. This week there'll propably be some 300.
Fortunately, I have an excellent immune ssytem. I am only a bit sensitive to stomach viruses.
What worries me more than the flu is my hamster. The little chap has 8 or 10 little wounds on his right side that are apperently self-inflicted but I can't find a reason. I suspected mites or fungi but can't find any traces of either. Cancer can also be excluded I think (thank heavens) as there are no knots. The most likely theories are diabetes, a lack of vitamins or utter boredom. I'll take him to the vet next week, just in case. He appears rather normal, though, if a little slim. He's as lively and eccentric as always and currently he's extremely pissed because I dared to mar his fluffy fur with a sticky antibiotic ointment. :D

Natalie 9

Post by Natalie 9 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:12 pm

mare_serenitatis wrote:What worries me more than the flu is my hamster. The little chap has 8 or 10 little wounds on his right side that are apperently self-inflicted but I can't find a reason. I suspected mites or fungi but can't find any traces of either. Cancer can also be excluded I think (thank heavens) as there are no knots. The most likely theories are diabetes, a lack of vitamins or utter boredom. I'll take him to the vet next week, just in case. He appears rather normal, though, if a little slim. He's as lively and eccentric as always and currently he's extremely pissed because I dared to mar his fluffy fur with a sticky antibiotic ointment.
Poor hamster! The most likely reason is the lack of any vitamins or microelements, or it is allergic to any new kind of food. Many years ago my dog had a similar problem. It turned out that he was allergic to chicken meat. When I stopped to give him a chicken, he recovered. Remember, you may have changed his diet in the last time. Or may be you changed his bedding recently. It is possible litter contains any elements that cause he has allergies.