Signs of Spring

Tell about anything you are interested: foreign cultures, Pooh-Bear and everything else.

Moderators: FBI, D.Rabbit, Karin, Vee

Lea

Signs of Spring

Post by Lea » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:06 pm

Hi everybody,

Have you seen signs of spring where you live? I've heard that in Japan the cherry blossoms have been already seen. We have still snow here in Estonia. I took a little walk with my son to celebrate the first day of Spring and uploaded a pic of Estonian spring to my album ;)

Jun

Post by Jun » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:07 pm

Thank you for sharing your son's photo with us. :D
He looks lovely !
Yes, we have cherry blossoms now but tomorrow we will have some snow in the north area. Temperatures go up and down.
This is a photo of Japanese apricot blossoms.

album_pic.php?pic_id=142
Last edited by Jun on Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
月日は百代の過客にして行き交う歳もまた旅人なり

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:35 pm

Thanks for sharing the pic Lea.
Holy cow, is your little one grown or what?! :shock: He's lovely, and seemed to enjoy the snow.

Jun, unfortunately I can't see your pic, but I'm sure the apricot blossoms looked very nice.

As for signs of Spring over in the UK; the weather has been pretty nice here in London for a few days now (with the ecception of today when we had some showers and wind) pretty mild temps with highs of 12 to 15 C and flowers are starting to bloom pretty much everywhere.
Fingers crossed it'll continue to improve, but knowing how it is in this Country at this time of year, I guess we could still have a few days of colder and reany weather between the end of March and the beginning of April. :rolleyes:
What does it profit a man to gain the world and loose his soul. If you don't know where you're coming from, you don't know where you're heading. Past, present and future.

Jun

Post by Jun » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:40 pm

Sorry, I made a mistake in putting my photo at a wrong place.
I put it at my personal album in this BBS.

I have heard that Spring in UK looks very beautiful.

Spring came here ten days earlier than it used to come, so my friend in the USA will miss cherry blossoms because she will visit Japan in April.
月日は百代の過客にして行き交う歳もまた旅人なり

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:32 pm

Jun wrote: I have heard that Spring in UK looks very beautiful.
It's pretty nice when we actually have one! :rolleyes:
Unfortunately in recent times it would appear seasons are no longer the norm, is more like a big amalgam of different types of weather chasing each other all year round
What does it profit a man to gain the world and loose his soul. If you don't know where you're coming from, you don't know where you're heading. Past, present and future.

Jun

Post by Jun » Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:16 pm

Hi

I took photos of cherry blossoms around my town.
They are not at their best yet but look beautiful in the rain.

http://tacci-junm.blogspot.com/
月日は百代の過客にして行き交う歳もまた旅人なり

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Post by mare_serenitatis » Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:11 pm

the violets suddenly started to flower, a few days ago.
When I went to bed on Tuesday, there were none to be seen. On Wednesday afternoon when I came home from work, all the garden was blue :)
War doesn't decide who is right. It only decides who is left.

IrisD
Site Admin

Post by IrisD » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:55 pm

No green grass at this time anymore. :) Flowers everywhere and the birds first chicks are fledged.

Can it be more wonderful? :D
What does not kill me, makes me stronger.
Friedrich Nietzsche

D.Rabbit

Post by D.Rabbit » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:16 am

There was very little snow left on Sunday, it was a beautiful day, with people walking around in shorts, but I'm betting they are not wearing shorts today.
It's been snowing for 2 days, and it took me half an hour to clean off the car this morning.

I didn't bother to shovel it, except on the porch, I just tromped down the snow in front of the car so that I could take a run at it.

Good thing it was down hill.
No problem getting back up, the ground is soft under the snow.

If there are any spring flowers atm they can't be seen.
Unconditional Love is all you need.

Osiris Under Glass

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Post by mare_serenitatis » Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:39 pm

awww, poor D! :(
How about taking a vacation and having 2 springs in a row? You could come over here, stay a few weeks till your last snow is gone and then return home and enjoy the second spring.
Here the asparagus season starts tomorrow :drool:

D.Rabbit

Post by D.Rabbit » Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:06 am

Thank you for the invitation Mare, but I don't go on vacation until June. It's a forced vacation because business is too slow to bother with, so I have to stay home and get to work on my web site.
I had Audacity installed and I'm want to add some original music to my site. That ought to be fun! All those channels to play with.

Most of the snow has melted, it will all be gone again by late tomorrow.
I wondered through my gardens tonight, I found my early bloomers. The flower are up and out, but their spotted leaves are very sad looking. Hopefully they will plump up by Sunday night and I can share a picture with you all.

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Post by mare_serenitatis » Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:23 am

Music is a good idea :) But keep in mind that there are still many people who have a slow modem connection. Music makes the site load slow for them, so maybe it'd be a good idea to build in a sound on/off option at the shop site.

2 more signs of spring here: my landlady is crawling through the garden with weed killer, spraying every dandelion, much to the dismay of my hamster. And we unlocked the water tap in the garden (though I fear that was a bit premature - we still get a few frosty nights in May/June)

Jun

Post by Jun » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:03 pm

More cherry blossoms in the Old Tanba Country. Those trees are at the yards of shrines.
Click on "read more" at 神社の桜.

http://blog.goo.ne.jp/junm_2009
月日は百代の過客にして行き交う歳もまた旅人なり

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Post by mare_serenitatis » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:36 pm

Cool :) The wild cherries started to flower last week. Today the first blossom of the Japanese cherry alley at my office opened :)

D.Rabbit

Post by D.Rabbit » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:56 am

mare_serenitatis wrote:Music is a good idea :) But keep in mind that there are still many people who have a slow modem connection. Music makes the site load slow for them, so maybe it'd be a good idea to build in a sound on/off option at the shop site.
Not to worry Mare, there will be no music in the shop section of the site, it's for art, poetry and nonsense areas.
I have the coding set up with an on off switch, So if you don't want to listen to my Andrew Lloyd Webber type of entertainment, you don't have to.

Signs of spring:
Digging out the fire pit, is one nasty job.
It's so full and so damp that it takes weeks to dry it out and screen it down.

I've got a start on cleaning out the last of 3 compost bins. But it's a little wet and I don't think the worms appreciate the flying lessons.