Signs of Spring

Tell about anything you are interested: foreign cultures, Pooh-Bear and everything else.

Moderators: FBI, D.Rabbit, Karin, Vee

ladybug

Post by ladybug » Thu May 28, 2009 8:59 pm

It isn't bad in Oklahoma Mare. My neck of the woods is part of "Green Country". It can get green and pretty, and is right now.

My allergies are really acting up, but I'm used to it.

23 days of measureable rainfall, and now it's in the 80's. It will hit 90 tomorrow. It doesn't get really bad temperature wise until August to mid September, at least in a normal year. It can get to 100 degrees with 100% humidity making it feel like 110+. Good thing I got my stimulus money yesterday, I bought an air conditioner. :wink:

Have a great weekend, everybody.

D.Rabbit

Post by D.Rabbit » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:06 pm

Okay, I just found the photo I promised to post.
It's a little past spring, but better late then never
Unconditional Love is all you need.

Osiris Under Glass

Jun

Post by Jun » Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:53 pm

Lovely flowers , thanx :D
月日は百代の過客にして行き交う歳もまた旅人なり

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Re: Signs of Spring

Post by mare_serenitatis » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:20 pm

oooooooooooh, that's lungwort, a native European and a herald of spring. It usually flowers around Easter here. :)
The herb is often used medically as a remedy against cough and inflammation. You can use it both external (as a bath or poultice) or internal as a tea, but you shouldn't take it in high doses or for longer than 4 weeks as it contains a few rather aggressive components.

It grows in moist semi-shady places, preferrably in sparse deciduous woods, and loves a slightly chalky soil. It dislikes coniferes (presumably because they give too much shade and their shed needles make the soil acidic).

Here we already get signs of fall:
The starlings moved to Africa this week, my tomatoes start to wilt, the nights get unpleasantly cold and it's getting rather windy. Today was perfect kite weather. I really must build one tomorrow! :bounce:

sprinkles

Post by sprinkles » Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:01 pm

Whow I haven't seen a kite in a long time. I know my grandson will adore it he can run with it in the open.

Lea

Post by Lea » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:47 am

The signs of fall :wink:

We had the first strong autumn wind this weekend here too. (Well, I wouldn't call it really a storm, but just a strong wind.) :balloon:

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Post by mare_serenitatis » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:36 pm

same here :) Ideal for drying the laundry. I washed my bedroom carpet on Saturday afternoon and it was so heavy that I could hardly carry it out to the garden. On Sunday morning it was so windy that the still dripping carpet almost flew off the washing line. (Heehee, a flying carpet would be just the thing! :wee: ) By Sunday evening the carpet was already completely dry.

sprinkles

Post by sprinkles » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:34 pm

Funny Fall is here I am trying to time the turning of the leaves, that is when I'll really feel the season, The weather here is mild , well chilly in the mornings like 60 to 55 degrees, the in the afternoon we get maybe up to 70 then at night it drops to like 40 degrees, I have a feeling we are going to have a crazy cold and snowy winter this season, at least I hope so I think winter is my favorite time of the year. I know you folks hate it mostly when the snow comes, I happn to love the snow, as long as I have a warm waterproof pair of uh on :lol:

D.Rabbit

Re: Signs of Spring Now Fall

Post by D.Rabbit » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:57 am

Maybe I should change the name of he thread?

I was out today gathering up my winter kindling. I have poplars that shed their new growth every year. Silly things, but I suspect they are as large as they are going to get. The branches that fall make the best for starting fires, they go up almost as fast as paper and last a little longer so the fire always starts. No fussing around, one piece of paper, a hand full of poplar, a couple lengths of cedar add your hard wood and your off to the races.

It's quite the pleasure to drive through the country side, except through the sugar bush, it's so brilliant with color that it's blinding on a sunny day! It's like all the trees are lit up with a high voltage neon.
Unconditional Love is all you need.

Osiris Under Glass

sprinkles

Post by sprinkles » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:31 am

This time of the year D I truly miss my ole fireplace, stating a roaring fire to ease the chill of the night, Lol!! since all I get to cuddle these days are my long fluffy body pillows to keep me warm, I guess a fire place would come in handy now, :rolleyes: or a man :lol: Keith where are you :comfort:

D.Rabbit

Post by D.Rabbit » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:33 pm

Long fluffy body pillows? I'm jealous.
I'm using a stuffed donkey to snuggle with atm.
The only problem with that is that he bites.
HeBites.jpg
HeBites.jpg (64.66 KiB) Viewed 19664 times
I was going to toss him in the trunk as punishment until I realized I had punched myself in my sleep.
He does have wires in his lips and has nipped me in the past, by accident only.

sprinkles

Post by sprinkles » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:58 pm

May I suggest you get a softer snuggle buddy one that don't stick. My BP iss all fluff, no sharp anything . I demand softness in my sleep :lol:

michael elizabeth

Post by michael elizabeth » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:53 am

:balloon:
Last edited by michael elizabeth on Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sprinkles

Post by sprinkles » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:15 pm

Lol!!! D wishes that is what he'd like to tell her Lol!!! as well as the rest of us I figure. :alien:

D.Rabbit

Post by D.Rabbit » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:36 am

In the many odd happening in my life since the first dream of Tyr, I've had several unexplainable bruises.

All self inflicted but not necessarily by me.

Do I want KHC in my bed? The whole reason for obsessing on an unobtainable man is that he is unobtainable. Very safe to have my fantasies, continue with my need to always be in love with someone, and hopefully that someone will never hurt me.

I've had enough of abuse in my 60 years, and what I have with Keith, is bliss. There is no way I will allow anyone to abuse me again. If I'm not cherished that's okay, I'm happy to be on my own, living happily ever after with my fantasies. Why bring in clumsy reality?

I have Orpheus to flirt with from time to time. I look at our life on the web as living in a very large house, and the web is the common room where we meet when our busy lives allow. He cooks me fabulous virtual meals, says kind things, feeds my mind with intellectual stimulation, inspires my creativity, he is very generous with his time and he makes me laugh! I could ask for no more in a companion other then he looks like KHC, that is.

In a way, we have figured out how to have our cake and eat it to.