Just In Case...

Tell about anything you are interested: foreign cultures, Pooh-Bear and everything else.

Moderators: FBI, D.Rabbit, Karin, Vee

michael elizabeth

Just In Case...

Post by michael elizabeth » Sat May 01, 2010 7:19 pm

Just in case you are having a rough day, here is a stress management technique
recommended in all the psychological journals.

The funny thing is,that it does really work and it will make you smile.

1. Picture yourself lying on your belly on a warm rock that hangs out over a crystal
clear stream.

2. Picture yourself with both hands dangling in the cool running water.

3. Birds are sweetly singing in the sweet mountain air.

4. No one knows your secret place.

5. You are in total seclusion from that hectic place called the world.

6. The soothing sound of a gentle water fall fills the air with a cascade of serenity.

7. The water is so crystal clear that you can easily make out the face of the person you
are holding underwater.

There! See, it really does work! Your smiling already!
2cl9vz9stskbks9.jpg
2cl9vz9stskbks9.jpg (22.58 KiB) Viewed 21066 times

Sci-Fi Girl

Re: Just In Case...

Post by Sci-Fi Girl » Sat May 01, 2010 10:59 pm

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Image Image

The picture alone made me smile!

SFG Image
And the nightwind greets him like a lover;
Her cold fingers brush against his cheek
Then she chases papers down the street
Past doorways, where lovers meet
And huddle in the night
- Garnet Rogers

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Post by mare_serenitatis » Mon May 03, 2010 5:14 pm

LOL nice one :)

My brother cheered me up quite a bit yesterday. A colleague of his was in a group therapy against her arachnophobia. The teacher told her to imagine a spider in a highly unusual situation, preferably a hilarious one (like the Ridiculus-charm in Harry Potter). So she imagined a spider with a broken and plastered leg.
The therapy did backfire somewhat, though, as now she feels totally sorry for the spider. :mrgreen:

michael elizabeth

Post by michael elizabeth » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:11 pm

Read the following and have a GREAT day!

I was at the corner grocery store buying some early potatoes. I noticed a small boy, delicate of bone and feature, ragged but clean, hungrily apprising a basket of freshly picked green peas.

I paid for my potatoes but was also drawn to the display of fresh green peas. I am a pushover for creamed peas and new potatoes.

Pondering the peas, I couldn't help overhearing the conversation between Mr. Miller (the store owner) and the ragged boy next to me.

'Hello Barry, how are you today?'

'H'lo, Mr. Miller. Fine, thank ya. Jus' admirin' them peas. They sure look good.'

'They are good, Barry. How's your Ma?'

'Fine. Gittin' stronger alla' time..'

'Good... Anything I can help you with?'

'No, Sir. Jus' admirin' th em peas..'

'Would you like to take some home?' asked Mr. Miller.

'No, Sir. Got nuthin' to pay for 'em with.'

'Well, what have you to trade me for some of those peas?'

'All I got's my prize marble here.'

'Is that right? Let me see it' said Miller.

'Here 'tis. She's a dandy.'

I can see that. Hmm mmm, only thing is this one is blue and I sort of go for red. Do you have a red one like this at home?' the store owner asked.

'Not zackley but almost.'

Tell you what. Take this sack of peas home with you and next trip this way let me look at that red marble'. Mr. Miller told the boy.

'Sure will. Thanks Mr. Miller.'

Mrs. Miller, who had been standing nearby, came over to help me.

With a smile she said, 'There are two other boys like him in our community, all three are in very poor circumstances. Jim just loves to bargain with them for peas, apples, tomatoes, or whatever.

When they come back with their red marbles, and they always do, he decides he doesn't like red after all and he sends them home with a bag of produce for a green marble or an orange one, when they come on their next trip to the store.'

I left the store smiling to myself, impressed with this man. A short time later I moved to Colorado , but I never forgot the story of this man, the boys, and their bartering for marbles.

Several years went by, each more rapid than the previous one. Just recently I had occasion to visit some old friends in that Idaho community and while I was there learned that Mr. Miller had died. They were having his visitation that evening and knowing my friends wanted to go, I agreed to accompany them. Upon arrival at the mortuary we fell into line to meet the relatives of the deceased and to offer whatever words of comfort we could.

Ahead of us in line were three young men. One was in an army uniform and the other two wore nice haircuts, dark suits and white shirts...all very professional looking. They approached Mrs. Miller, standing composed and smiling by her husband's casket.

Each of the young men hugged her, kissed her on the cheek, spoke briefly with her and moved on to the casket. Her misty light blue eyes followed them as, one by one, each young man stopped briefly and placed his own warm hand over the cold pale hand in the casket. Each left the mortuary awkwardly, wiping his eyes.

Our turn came to meet Mrs. Miller. I told her who I was and reminded her of the story from those many years ago and what she had told me about her husband's bartering for marbles. With her eyes glistening, she took my hand

and led me to the casket.

'Those three young men who just left were the boys I told you about.

They just told me how they appreciated the things Jim 'traded' them. Now, at last, when Jim could not change his mind about color or size.....they came to pay their debt.'

'We've never had a great deal of the wealth of this world,' she confided, 'but right now, Jim would consider himself the richest man in Idaho .'
With loving gentleness she lifted the lifeless fingers of her deceased husband. Resting underneath were three exquisitely shined red marbles.

The Moral :
We will not be remembered by our words, but by our kind deeds. Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath.

Today I wish you a day of ordinary miracles

~ A fresh pot of coffee you didn't make yourself.....

An unexpected phone call from an old friend ....

Green stoplights on your way to work...

The fastest line at the grocery store...

A good sing-along song on the radio...

Your keys found right where you left them.

Send this to the people you'll never forget. I just Did....

If you don't send it to anyone, it means you are in way too much of a hurry to even notice the ordinary miracles when they occur..

IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Sci-Fi Girl

Post by Sci-Fi Girl » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:47 pm

Very nice ME! :) 8)
And the nightwind greets him like a lover;
Her cold fingers brush against his cheek
Then she chases papers down the street
Past doorways, where lovers meet
And huddle in the night
- Garnet Rogers

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Post by mare_serenitatis » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:03 pm

indeed. A wonderful story :)

Natalie 9

Post by Natalie 9 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:32 pm

ME, thanks for nice history.
In this connection I have remembered one more...
If you remember, I wrote in other thread:
Natalie 9 wrote:I have lost my best friend in October 2008. She has died suddenly of heart attack. It was so unexpectedly, and I cannot get used till now to it. All time I think of she as about alive, and it seems to me that tomorrow she will enter into my door and will sit down to drink tea with me. But she does not come, and it causes melancholy.
But I always have only pleasant memoirs on she, and even I smile thinking of she.
My late friend there was the school teacher at the same school, as my mum.

In Russia after summer vacations lessons begin on September, 1st. And in this connection there is a tradition: pupils bring flowers in school on the first lesson and present to their teachers.

This year on September, 1st my mum except the colors, presented to her, has brought home one more separate bouquet: the big pink gladiolus (more than meter in length) and a branch of large pink lilies. These flowers were handed over to her by one of the former pupils of my friend. He asked to transfer it to parents of my friend that they have put it in a vase about her portrait.

This case has shaken me! This boy was one of most unruly and difficult her pupils once... She often told to me about his escapades. But all the same he was one of her favourite pupils (She always most cared of the most difficult pupils). But nobody thought that he is capable of deep feelings to his teacher ...

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Post by mare_serenitatis » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:43 pm

sometimes something bad is necessary to bring out the good in people.

Thank you for sharing this story with us. It is so comforting that even when we think we didn't have any success, we sometimes managed to make a little change after all.

kcsue

Post by kcsue » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:23 pm

michael elizabeth wrote:Just in case you are having a rough day, here is a stress management technique
recommended in all the psychological journals.

The funny thing is,that it does really work and it will make you smile.

1. Picture yourself lying on your belly on a warm rock that hangs out over a crystal
clear stream.

2. Picture yourself with both hands dangling in the cool running water.

3. Birds are sweetly singing in the sweet mountain air.

4. No one knows your secret place.

5. You are in total seclusion from that hectic place called the world.

6. The soothing sound of a gentle water fall fills the air with a cascade of serenity.

7. The water is so crystal clear that you can easily make out the face of the person you
are holding underwater.

There! See, it really does work! Your smiling already!
2cl9vz9stskbks9.jpg
:lmao: ME you naughty-type person!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
"You're an anachronism. You haven't the first idea how unforgiving this universe has become and I will not allow you to learn at my expense."

Tyr Anasazi

michael elizabeth

Post by michael elizabeth » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:31 pm

And I'm too ornery to change now. :wink:

kcsue

Post by kcsue » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:05 am

Why bother? :D
"You're an anachronism. You haven't the first idea how unforgiving this universe has become and I will not allow you to learn at my expense."

Tyr Anasazi

ladybug

Post by ladybug » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:06 pm

Thanks for the laugh.

Is it terrible to be envisioning that person as I read it? And, to still be envisioning it, and smiling, as I type this response? In fact, it might be hard to get that vision out of my head. :wink: Oh well. At least I'm still laughing. :D

kcsue

Post by kcsue » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:08 am

Nothing wrong whatsoever....just don't act on it, I have no bail money! :)

Tyr Anasazi

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Post by mare_serenitatis » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:27 pm

there aren't that many crystal clear streams in my area but I know quite a lot of muddy ones and there are moors and bogs where one can easily dispose of a body...

kcsue

Post by kcsue » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:09 pm

:devil: :devil: :devil: Don't get any ideas, Mare!

Tyr Anasazi