welcome mimosa

Tell about anything you are interested: foreign cultures, Pooh-Bear and everything else.

Moderators: FBI, D.Rabbit, Karin, Vee

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

welcome mimosa

Post by mare_serenitatis » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:55 am

:welcome:
I hope you like it here and the board won't play any more tricks at you like the unreadable confirmation code (I once had the same problem on a different board, so I know how frustrating this can be).
We're a slightly crazy but very friendly bunch, so don't be afraid of posting :)

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Re: welcome mimosa

Post by mare_serenitatis » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:34 pm

please don't be shy. If you can't find a function or if you need help just ask. It's been a while for most of us but we still can remember how we felt when we joined our first board :)

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:16 pm

^^^
Mare is right, we were all newbies once upon a time! :D

Plus, Facebook is similar enough to the basic MB set up, so it'll be no time at all before you feel confident enough to use all of the features around here.
What does it profit a man to gain the world and loose his soul. If you don't know where you're coming from, you don't know where you're heading. Past, present and future.

shione123

Post by shione123 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:57 am

Welcome aboard, Mimosa! :)

Natalie 9

Post by Natalie 9 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:08 pm

Welcome Mimosa!

It is your good luck that you have chosen this message board for your first experience. All are very affable and benevolent here.

When I was registered for the first time here 2 years ago, it was my first attempt of dialogue with people from other countries. And besides I very badly knew English language. I have been so confused that was ready to refuse this mad venture. However all the people here were so kind to me. They forgive me all my silly errors and help to feel comfortable.

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Post by mare_serenitatis » Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:31 pm

:wow: is it already 2 years?! Time races!

at facebook people are propably a bit careful about newbies because there are so many spammers. Also, in a big community there tend to be several very secluded groups. Here on Lea's board we are not that many people so that we form only one group and still have plenty of room for more :)

Also, I think, most of us have already made bad experiences on other boards and deliberately try to be very different from these people.
There is a very big Andromeda board, called ex-isle (http://www.exisle.net) - it is more active than this board and people there are quite friendly (including the admin).

There used to be Gordon Michael Woolvett's board (aka Seamus Harper), but it has been taken offline. It was as small and nice as ours and Gordon himself used to post there occasionally. He's a very funny, friendly and slightly crazy guy, very much like Harper. I once met him and his brother in chat =) The board's admin happens to live not very far from me. I'll ask her if the board will be back. Or maybe they only moved it to a different domain.