Hmmm.....

Tell about anything you are interested: foreign cultures, Pooh-Bear and everything else.

Moderators: FBI, D.Rabbit, Karin, Vee

michael elizabeth

Hmmm.....

Post by michael elizabeth » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:21 pm

Sure is quiet around here.

*knocks on screen*

Anybody home? :D

Jun

Re: Hmmm.....

Post by Jun » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:57 pm

Western world is too far to visit so often. :rolleyes:
月日は百代の過客にして行き交う歳もまた旅人なり

michael elizabeth

Post by michael elizabeth » Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:29 pm

Hello, Jun.

It is so nice to see you posting. :)

You have been through a lot in the passed year. :flowers:

sprinkles

Post by sprinkles » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:18 pm

Things in the East Coast are a bit hectic. But I am still alive and kicking, Grandsons keeping me pretty busy as well as work and RL. But all is well and I do miss you all. I check in from time to time to make sure this site is still up and running. Don't yu'l run off now okay Lol!!! :alien:

michael elizabeth

Post by michael elizabeth » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:53 pm

Hi Sprinkles.

Always nice to hear about you and yours doing well. :D

There is always someone around here to keep the home fires burning.

I miss you, too.

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:19 am

I'm around too-ish. :wink:

Life is pretty busy with 2 little ones to take care of, all the same, I wouldn't give up my cyber family for the world!! :D
What does it profit a man to gain the world and loose his soul. If you don't know where you're coming from, you don't know where you're heading. Past, present and future.

Natalie 9

Post by Natalie 9 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:11 am

ME, Sprinkles, Jun, Ashanti Image

For me always great pleasure to communicate with all of you here. But unfortunately I not always have enough time to come here as often as I would like. Image
I was ill last month a little. Besides, yesterday we had presidential elections in Russia.

shione123

Post by shione123 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:19 am

Hello everyone. I hope all is well with each and every one of you.

michael elizabeth

Post by michael elizabeth » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:08 pm

Yeah! There is still a quite a few of us hanging around. :D

It's really nice to hear from everyone. :party1:

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Post by mare_serenitatis » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:41 pm

sorry that I didn't post lately - I have problems with my landlady (she is getting senile and very aggressive). I decided to move out as soon as possible and am now spending every free mopment with looking for a new appartment. I found 2 really nice ones but one is already taken (they make the contract on Friday. With a little luck something goes wrong and I can have the appartment). The other is huuuuuge (and cheap) but in a bad part of the town. I'll have a look at it tomorrow evening. It is not far from my current appartment so that I can have a look at the neighbourhood in the night and in the weekends as well. I'm looking for something really quiet and peaceful.

There is a huge air bubble in the heating and my landlady is so deaf that she doesn't hear the bubbling and whistling. It's driving me nuts. I switched all radiators off and left only the one in my bedroom running. This trapped most of the bubbles in the living room radiator. On saturday, when my landlady goes to church, I'll sneak up to her appartment and ventilate the radiators (the ones down in my appartment can't be ventilated) and replace the missing water in the pipes. Must ask my dad how to do the latter, but I think I shall manage.
And if I don't get the stupid bubbles out, I'll leave my radiators switched off. In 6-8 weeks the heating season will end anyway and my appartment faces south so that it gets rather warm even without heating.

And to add to all the little domestic catastrophies, my hamster is ill. He got something in his eye and it was all swollen. The vet gave me eye drops for the hamster and the eye has gotten much better already. Still, the hamster thinks it's an outrage to be torn out of the warm nest and the nicest dreams, 3 times a day, only to be made wet with something cold and unpleasant.

sprinkles

Post by sprinkles » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:42 am

Mare sweetie. I am praying everything works out for you. It is a crime when you can't relax in your apartment. I hope you find something quick and fast and much better. I will keep these ole fingers crossed for you okay.

I am doing very well. just living life and enjoying all that I can. it is great seeing you all here. Don't get lost now folks
I could never forget my Cyber family either. We all go way back whow I sometimes feel closer to you all then to my real few friends Lol!!!.

Anyway I'll be checking in from time to time to make sure you al are okay

Hey guys here's a comic version of the two lights shining brightly in my life now and taking up so much time. But I love it, hehe

My little Gems

Xavier 3 and William 5 Months

michael elizabeth

Post by michael elizabeth » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:51 am

{{{{Mare}}}}

You'll find something better, I'm sure. I too, have had my share of weird landlords. :rolleyes: It is never easy to move but, when you do, you will feel so much happier. :)

Sprinkles those babies are so beautiful. Feels like just last week you were telling us about Xavier's impending arrival and now he's already 3 years old. :shock:

The hours seem to go by like minutes. I don't blame you for wanting to spend as much time as possible with them.

That goes for you too, Ashanti. :)

shione123

Post by shione123 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:27 am

Mare, I hope you find a new and better place to live very soon and that your hamster recovers completely. Sprinkles, your two lights are so adorable. Ashanti, please give your little ones a hug from me. Jun please try to visit as often as you can. Natalie, I hope that the presidential election turned out well for your country. Best wishes to everyone on the board. :)

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:21 pm

^^^
Thanks Shione, will do! :D

@ Sprinks...OMG, look at those two precious little Nietzs?! Can't believe how much they've both grown!!! :shock:

@ Mare, adding my wishes for a speedy recovery of you furry friend and the opportunity to move in a better place than you are currently.

Everyone Else, always good to see all of you around the Board and to know I have so many wonderful people to call my extended family. :smooch: :smooch:
What does it profit a man to gain the world and loose his soul. If you don't know where you're coming from, you don't know where you're heading. Past, present and future.

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Post by mare_serenitatis » Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:57 pm

aww, thank you all! :grouphug:
Sprinkles, the kids are adorable!!

The hamster recovered completely and now that the first dandelion is sprouting he's happy as can be :)

The heating problem solved itself quite unexpectedly: Friday night the pump broke down completely and had to be replaced. It turned out that the seal wasn't tight anymore and so the pump kept pulling air into the water tubes. There is still a little bit of air in the systems but we'll get that out as well (I hope).

On Tuesday I had a look at a very pretty appartment wich, alas, is too small. But I had fun nevertheless as the owner turned out to be an old acquaintance: she's the daughter of the breeder my parents used to buy their dogs and dog-food from. We last met when both of us were teenagers. I hope this time we manage to stay in contact :)

My landlady is rather nice at the moment (until the next problem arises...) and so I can relax a bit, take my time and search for the perfect appartment.
She is 85 and it's only a matter of time till she must get permanent care in a nursing home. Her family estimates another 2-3 years, I'd say 5 years since physically she's in a rather good condition. Still, at her age you never know - she might drop dead any minute or she might live to be 100.
My dad advised me to stay until she goes to a nursing home since this is really a very nice appartment and the neighbours are friendly and quiet. I am torn between the advantages of this place and the disadvantages of living with a more and more demented landlady. On the other hand, if I move I might have insufferable neighbours and - as we Bavarians say - trade death for devil (fall from the frying pan into the fire). I think I'll try a compromise: I'll stay until I found the perfect place.
Who knows, maybe Keith might look for a roommate one day ;)