Is iit Possible????

Tell about anything you are interested: foreign cultures, Pooh-Bear and everything else.

Moderators: FBI, D.Rabbit, Karin, Vee

sprinkles

Re: Is iit Possible????

Post by sprinkles » Sun May 20, 2012 9:56 pm

You know thinking on that It would be great, I've always loved his voice, A book about his memoir would be nice, and like you, I too would love to sit on the deck on a warm summer night with a frosty glass of beer and listen to his silky smooth voice reading or singing to us. Any one think that this is a good idea? But my favorite drink would be a bottle of sam adams. Um. I :D Wish there way a way to convy that to him Lol!!! :beer:

Natalie 9

Post by Natalie 9 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:07 pm

I dream to hear his singing long ago. I never heard as he sings, and always slightly envied you in America that you can go to his gig, and to see him alive. Unfortunately in Russia have not enough chances to buy from we the CD too. But who knows, maybe somebody from my acquaintances can sometime bring to me it from abroad ... :dreamy:

sprinkles

Post by sprinkles » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:28 pm

Yeah don't feel bad, me I live in New Jersey right across the bridge from him and I haven't been to see him either. So close and yet so far. My friend here Ashanti she's in london and she sees him more then me Lol!! she makes all his plays around the globe. One day I hope he and I will be in the same state at the same time.

I went to the Soap Opera Award at Radio City Music Hall here in New York back when he was doing the young and the restless and I got the priviledge of seeing the top of his head all night. I was in the balcony right over him Lol!!! thank goodness for binoculars, it was 3 of us fighting for them all night hehe One day my Russian friend you wish will come true. also if I find a CD of him and his voice I promise here and now to send a copy to you both. :cow:

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:28 am

sprinkles wrote:My friend here Ashanti she's in london and she sees him more then me Lol!! she makes all his plays around the globe.
Lol Sprinks, you make it sound like I'm jetting off to see Keith every other day. I've been to most of his plays in the US, but that's about it.
I went to the Soap Opera Award at Radio City Music Hall here in New York back when he was doing the young and the restless and I got the privilege of seeing the top of his head all night.

And don't forget seeing him at I-Con in 2003! The "purse incident" has become stuff of legend around the Boards since then, care to share the story one more time for those who might have missed it first time round? :wink:

As for him singing; there are no CDs, but there was a very short sound bite of him singing one line from "My Favorite Things" at the Tulsa Con in 2002. Regrettably I thing it was lost along with the original version of his Website. However, if I manage to find it again somewhere, I'll be sure to post a link.
What does it profit a man to gain the world and loose his soul. If you don't know where you're coming from, you don't know where you're heading. Past, present and future.

shione123

Post by shione123 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:50 am

That is such a great idea! :) Please postthat soundbite on the board if you can. I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:02 am

Ok, here are both sound bites from the Tulsa Con, enjoy! :D

Keith sings "My Favorite Things"

Keith sings another song
What does it profit a man to gain the world and loose his soul. If you don't know where you're coming from, you don't know where you're heading. Past, present and future.

shione123

Post by shione123 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:42 am

Thank you so much, Ashanti! :)

Natalie 9

Post by Natalie 9 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:22 pm

Mimosa, Sprinkles, many thanks for your offer to send me CD copy. Your solicitude is very pleasant to me. :bighug:

Unfortunately I cannot hope for the correct operation of Russian mail. I not often use the international mail, but 3 years ago I needed to use it. Fortunately my sending to France reached the addressee, but from France one of three messages reached only. And only after I asked by phone to send me the counterpart not to my personal address, and to the address central post office St. Petersburg. Fortunately the gone messages were not very valuable or irreplaceable. But if such sending as Keith's CD is gone on the road, it will be very unpleasant.

Ashanti, thanks for video's. It is so finely, to see him alive and to hear his voice. :love2: Really it is a pity if there is no CD with his singing.

Natalie 9

Post by Natalie 9 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:36 pm

mimosa wrote:It just occurred to me that there is a region in Russia called Georgia. Am I correct? Maybe we are not so far away as it seems.
:lol: :thumbup:

You are partially right. Really on the Caucasian isthmus there is a country which is called as Georgia. But it is not a part of Russia. Georgia is an independent state in which there live the independent nation - the Georgians, having very interesting original culture and ancient history. In Ancient Greek mythology this country was mentioned as Colchis. At the time of the Soviet Union Georgia was a part of the USSR as one of republics. After disintegration of the USSR, Georgia separated, and now bordering about Russia. Unfortunately now the political relations between our countries very troubled, but the relations between the simple people living in Georgia and in Russia, remain friendly, as before.

I think, Georgia in America was organized by natives of the Caucasian Georgia and consequently has the same name. So, probably Caucasian Georgia is your ancestral homeland. :)

Sci-Fi Girl

Post by Sci-Fi Girl » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:22 pm

Ashanti wrote:Ok, here are both sound bites from the Tulsa Con, enjoy! :D

Keith sings another song
Oh my goodness! Those are wonderful! :thud: :thud: :thud: Thank you for posting those Ashanti! :smooch:

(I like the second one best. :wink: :heart: )

SFG :bighug:
And the nightwind greets him like a lover;
Her cold fingers brush against his cheek
Then she chases papers down the street
Past doorways, where lovers meet
And huddle in the night
- Garnet Rogers

Sci-Fi Girl

Post by Sci-Fi Girl » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:31 am

Ashanti wrote:Ok, here are both sound bites from the Tulsa Con, enjoy! :D

Keith sings another song
Now that I have recovered. ;)

The obvious companion to those videos, is one of Harper singing about Tyr! Here it is: :mrgreen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-CPKadFYeM&

Now, I have a bit of an ... obsession ... about music. There is a thread at exisle where I posted the Harper video and other special things, called When Sci Fi Actors Sing. Ashanti, I think your two videos would make a wonderful addition to that thread, if you don't mind. I would love for you to post them there, or I can post them if you prefer. 8)

SFG

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:11 pm

^^^

Lol, yeah I have that vid too and it always crackes me up to re-watch it. I love the smirk on Gordon's face while he's singing, and Keith nodding his head as he follows the lyrics.

As for the Thread at ExIsle you mentioned; I wasn't aware of it until now, but I would be happy to post the links to the two clips there too if you think Members would like them.

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:28 pm

To anyone here planning to email Keith with suggestions of him recording himself as he reads his original material; I would STRONGLY advice to refrain yourselves from doing so any time soon.

As most of you are aware, Keith predominantly writes Erotica and the sensitive nature of such material makes it tricky business to handle at the best of times, so in my opinion putting pressure on him at a moment when nothing has yet been decided regarding "how" or "if" to publish his work at all, would just serve to alienate our Actor Fella from the fanbase and nothing else.

Everybody is free to do as they please of course, but seen that someone asked my opinion on the subject, I thought I'd share my two cents worth.

michael elizabeth

Post by michael elizabeth » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:49 pm

Ashanti wrote:As most of you are aware, Keith predominantly writes Erotica .... ~snip~
We are?

I must have been absent that day. Although, it doesn't surprise me. :wink:

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:26 pm

^^^
ME your candid post made me :lol: :lol:.

No, I don't think you were absent that day, you simply haven't been following Keith for as long as I (and a few others on the Board) have, that's all. It is no biggy, trust me.
Anyhoo, I'm glad you're not surprised at finding this out nor disturbed or bothered by it, I cannot tell you how many 'Internet Nannies' over the years have complained and looked down their self righteous noses at him and those in the fanbase who have a slightly more liberal attitude about this. Is incredibly annoying and frustrating to see how many people in the 21th Century still have such a backward outlook on life, luckily it doesn't appear to be the case when it comes to the members of this community.