Hello all and Happy New Years to anyone reading this

Tell about anything you are interested: foreign cultures, Pooh-Bear and everything else.

Moderators: FBI, D.Rabbit, Karin, Vee

sprinkles

Hello all and Happy New Years to anyone reading this

Post by sprinkles » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:03 pm

This has been a crazy year that just passed, so much has happened, not happened and will still happen. As you'll know I was struck down with breast cancer, I did the whole chemo therapy, Lost all my hair, got stuck so many times I thinks that I look like a junkie, I don't think I have any blood left in my veins anymore. Oh and the finale I had a mastectomy on December 23rd two days before Christmas, I was home on the 24th so I did get to spend Christmas day at home with my family. I am recuperating very nicely.

I was surrounded by love all around and I had a good attitude, you know I don't think I shed one tear through it all. I was numb most of the time, in denial, I guess I was like this is not going to beat me I am in control. Today I can say the disease was literally cut out of my body. God is good, he place his arms around me and walked me through this. I am very grateful.

Ladies please get yourselves checked out and thank you'll for the kind words and support through this all.

Now all can have a very Happy New Years and more to come

((((HUGS)))) :alien: :present:

shione123

Re: Hello all and Happy New Years to anyone reading this

Post by shione123 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:22 pm

Hi Sprinkles. Happy New Year. I'm extremely sad that all of that happened to you. I am glad that you are a breast cancer survivor. I love you and I will keep you in my prayers. {{{HUGS}}}

kcsue

Post by kcsue » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:50 am

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :party1: Glad you pulled through...now you can get your boogie on!!!! But not outside though, it's too cold! LOL
"You're an anachronism. You haven't the first idea how unforgiving this universe has become and I will not allow you to learn at my expense."

Tyr Anasazi

Natalie 9

Post by Natalie 9 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:45 am

O, Sprinkles :bighug: Very sorry that this misfortune has happened to you. I hope will be all right with you in the future. :comfort:

Do not worry about lost hair, I'm sure it will grow again soon. My friend's mother tolerated chemotherapy and mastectomy 10 years ago and lost her hair, too, but in half a year her hair grew back, only become more wiry and curly. However, your hair before were curly, so I think you will get the same hair as before.
Have a Happy New Year too. Get well and gain strength. :bestwishes:

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Post by mare_serenitatis » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:15 pm

{{{{{{{Sprinkles}}}}}}} It's good that you take things from the positive side. Very Niezschean :mrgreen:
With 4 breast cancer cases in the family I'm propably next but I am almost looking forward to it: I am very ample and my back hurts from the weight. And have you ever tried to get a 95E sports bra (42DD in GB and the US)?? You'd stand a better chance getting married to Keith!

So, everyone, have a lovely year and may you meet only nice and friendly people. Stay healthy, keep your sense of humour and may you always have a Dollar, Rouble or Euro more than you need :) (and if you happen to discover sports bras in huge sizes, mail me!!)

kcsue

Post by kcsue » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:59 pm

Hello one and all! I may have to enter rehab to recover from a serious case of cabin fever. We're expecting more snow today that will last until tomorrow morning. I am so over winter.
"You're an anachronism. You haven't the first idea how unforgiving this universe has become and I will not allow you to learn at my expense."

Tyr Anasazi

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Post by mare_serenitatis » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:44 pm

aww, that sucks!! :(
We had frost last night but the cherry trees are starting to flower and the willow trees already have tiny leaves.
Tonight I'll attend the "evening of funny poems" at the local library. A pit you can't join me. It'd be just the thing against winter blues

kcsue

Post by kcsue » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:04 am

Well, the snow is gone but we're being teased with occasional warm weather. We've had more cold temps than warm and instead of snow we're going to have to deal with rain. If it isn't one thing it's another.

Tyr Anasazi