Hola!

Tell us hello and introduce yourself :)

Moderator: IrisD

shi123one

Hola!

Post by shi123one » Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:02 am

Hi!

I'm a new member who usually doesn't do message boards. I thought Keith was the coolest human being on the planet when I saw him as Noah in "All My Children". My brothers watched the same show and dissed him constantly. I'm the youngest in a large family and all my sisters are older. I became who I am by watching and following behind the three brothers that came just before me. I took what I liked and what I didn't like I didn't take. I credit my brothers for teaching me not to think like a woman. I'm nice to look at and sweet but if I get too much attention and I'm stressed you will not be let down easy. I've sent men that are 6'8'' running for cover and I'm not even quite 5'7''. I credit my intelligence. I went to college and received a Bachelor of Arts degree in Chemistry from Florida Atlantic University. I am currently obtaining my Master's degree in Public Health.
I loved Tyr. When Tyr was fighting, so was I. I told my male cousin that all the hateful females make comments about me from at least 15 feet away. If they say anything out of the way within 5 feet of me they would be knocked out. I'm too quick on my feet. I just thank the Lord above that I have a good handle on my temper and even though I should strike you I put you down verbally to the point that you hate me. When you realize I did you a favor it's too late. I have so many people trying to find me to thank me it's ridiculous. They say whatever comes out of my mouth happens in real life. I'M NOT PSYCHIC!!!

God gave me a gift. Right now I'm unable to use that gift to the best of my ability given my present surroundings. But that will change in a few years with the Lord's help.

THANK YOU KEITH FOR BEING SUCH AN INSPIRATION!!!

Also I want to send official salutations to those that love all things that are Keith Hamilton Cobb.

Sincerely

Shirley Susan Stubbs
Bachelor of Arts - Chemistry '93 - FAU

D.Rabbit

Post by D.Rabbit » Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:20 am

Hi Shirley,
Welcome to the board.
Shooting straight from the hip is something I myself is known for, Right guys?

I'm going to give this a shot, say what you will but say it with love for if you give hope and love to all you shall find purpose and happiness.

Chemistry you say? Can you cook too?
D.
Unconditional Love is all you need.

Osiris Under Glass

shi123one

My cooking skills

Post by shi123one » Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:32 pm

I am preparing for my trip as we speak. I will enlighten you as to the extent of my culinary expertise after I return from my venture this weekend. As far as hope and love, I'm the Robin Harris of the neighborhood. Hardly anything I say is ever pretty but it can be downright hilarious.

About to get out of Dodge

Shirley

D.Rabbit

Post by D.Rabbit » Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:19 pm

Have a great weekend Shirley,

I know the feeling of being too candid. I believe that is why I was black balled out of the only sorority that would have accepted me as a teen.
Even though life has taught me to temper my expressions I can still be just too blunt.

Some find it refreshing, others take the time to ponder my criticism, because it's always constructive.
I don't see the value it telling someone they stink without pointing out a better direction IMHO.

Stay cool
D.

sprinkles

Post by sprinkles » Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:19 pm

Welcome to the board Shirley. Enjoy your weekend :)

shione123

Cooking

Post by shione123 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:42 am

The question is not can I cook but may I cook. Having a B.A. Chemistry means that I'm good at following recipes. My mother who is elderly insists on cooking. But she does not guard her oven. I bake cookies, brownies and peach cobbler. My 9 year old niece who is very stubborn cooperates when I bake peach cobbler from scratch. She also remarked that I'm her favorite aunt on her father's side because I bake her peach cobbler when she stays over.(I wonder if that is my only redeeming quality for her.) My cousin Glen who is eight years older received his B.A. in Communication the same time I did. Now he is getting his Master's starting in the fall. I just started in January. He is a 6'5" Q-Dog who hung out in my dorm room. For his B.A., I typed all his papers except for one. After that one paper, I typed the rest because he got a C because of typos. He wanted popcorn but the popcorn button on the microwave downstairs wasn't on the right setting and I didn't notice because I was listening to him. I opened the bag and since it wasn't fully popped. I put it back in the microwave in the room and popped it. He said "This is good." and polished off the bag. He said "Do me a favor." He pointed in the bag and said "Pop the five kernels that are left in the bag!"