Welcome BTU

Tell us hello and introduce yourself :)

Moderator: IrisD

BTU

Post by BTU » Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:15 pm

Sorry, but I can only read the board from a PC, and I can't get to one most weeks. Because I got the Mac, which was of course supposed to play nice with PCs, but won't not at all, nor will it work with my old Macs.

As for exisle, they didn't want me to join years ago, so why should I try now?

The browser I am using is 'Safari' and I sure as heck don't want to buy or download anything else for a piece of .... something computer, that does nothing but drive me nuts.

Lea, I'm afraid I do not know what good the phpBB search would do me? What would the google results mean to me? What am I looking for?

I mean, usually I get a few hundred pages worth of results in google, and unless it says right in the top, "Hey, BTU, read this, this is what you need to know and do..." which come to think of it never happens.... well, I just search images for cute .... dogs or something.

Thanks all for trying so hard. I am afraid unless we get this Mac to play nice with others, I can't come here and pretend to post just to read the board to see if I want to post...does that make sense? Shame, too, it seems to be nice folks here...
BTU

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Post by mare_serenitatis » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:24 pm

Don't worry, we'll get Safari and phpBB to cooperate. So far we always solved every problem sooner or later.
War doesn't decide who is right. It only decides who is left.

BTU

Post by BTU » Wed May 02, 2007 9:40 pm

I think, cautiously, but yes, just maybe; you've done it!

I can see the posts. I can, I really can. They no longer disappeared. I turned off the javascript thing. I can turn it back on... so I figured I had nothing to lose!

Thanks for all your help...Now, what's that? More work? Dang that nosy bossman...

Hope to actually 'talk' to you all later and meet you, now that you are visible,

BTU

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Post by mare_serenitatis » Fri May 04, 2007 9:20 pm

cool! Welcome to the visible world ;)

:thanx: I'll relay your thanks to Jim Gamma (It was a joint venture - I discovered what was going wrong and he found out how to righten it)

Jun

Post by Jun » Sun May 06, 2007 12:36 am

Welcome BTU

I use the Mac with Firefox and IE. I have no problem on this board.
Can you download Firefox ?
月日は百代の過客にして行き交う歳もまた旅人なり

BTU

Post by BTU » Mon May 07, 2007 7:13 pm

Jun,
can I download Firefox? Probably... do I want to? NO!

I am not happy with the Mac at all, and hate that I have to spend so much time to fix things, when I have work to do, and need this thing to just do it... oh, maybe I should have gotten a 'NIKE'.

So no, I don't feel like downloading other programs and so forth. It is a snobbish attitude of mine. I expect things to work, especially my things...

I got this thing in the last month starting with 'M' and am still struggling. Seriously, if I wasn't so busy, I'd wipe it and sell it... but I have too much stuff going on, and working on it, to do so.

Thanks for sticking with me, and making the board visible, to all involved!
BTU

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Post by mare_serenitatis » Tue May 08, 2007 6:15 pm

don't get frustrated with your mac - remember, most viruses are written for PC. You get spared a lot of anger, time and nerves.