Welcome Sam-I-am

Tell us hello and introduce yourself :)

Moderator: IrisD

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Post by mare_serenitatis » Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:11 pm

Would the others appeal to you more if I put Keith's pic on them? I could make a special D.Rabbit skin for the board, full of Keith icons.

Hmm, in fact, why don't we work together on it? With my technical skills and your experience in making gifs and smilies we'd be a good team.

(Sam said "be nice to D.Rabbit" and nice I'll be - if necessary by force! :mrgreen: )
War doesn't decide who is right. It only decides who is left.

IrisD
Site Admin

Post by IrisD » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:55 pm

mare_serenitatis wrote:Would the others appeal to you more if I put Keith's pic on them?

Yes, yes, yes :P
What does not kill me, makes me stronger.
Friedrich Nietzsche

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Post by mare_serenitatis » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:01 pm

LOL D, looks like we'll have to do it

D.Rabbit

Post by D.Rabbit » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:46 pm

If your going to be nice.....?
I rather the skin wasn't named after me, maybe call it the, "Pooky" skin? Darn no strike through, I mean the KHC skin.

I need to know the largest dimensions I have to work with, the larger the better for small icons etc. for more detail.

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Post by mare_serenitatis » Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:37 pm

no prob. I shall zip the original buttons and email them to you so that you can use them as a stencil. They are all in *.gif format and it would be easiest if you could do the new buttons as gifs as well, but *.jpg or any other common image file type will be just as good. It only means I'll have to exchange all gif code in the software- no big deal, really.
What about the colour scheme? Any preferences? I have a test board with a lovely brown one and was working on a purple one when I caught carpal tunnel syndrome and a tennis elbow - computer work is atm extremely painful for me. The seagreen one I made for SDG is not bad either. I'll transfer it to the test board and give you the link to it. Or would you rather like screenshots so that you can compare them better?

D.Rabbit

Post by D.Rabbit » Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:46 pm

I'm good with gif files, I use them for all my animations.

I already bullied the KHCMB into adopting Orchid #DA70D6 and Silver #C0C0C0 for the text areas, as the official colors of KHC,
but I do so love him in dark goldenrod #B8860B with a Bisque #FFE4C4 Just a couple of ideas.

A link to the site would be great.

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Post by mare_serenitatis » Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:30 pm

Lovely colours!
I'll send you the link to the test board by mail, as to not set the spammers on its track