Welcome Kooks

Tell us hello and introduce yourself :)

Moderator: IrisD

D.Rabbit

Welcome Kooks

Post by D.Rabbit » Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:42 pm

:balloons1: Party Time Folks We have a new member! :balloons1:
Thank you for joining our little community Kooks,
I hope you find many hours of enjoyment with us.

Please tell us a little about yourself before we grill you under the hot lights! :D
Unconditional Love is all you need.

Osiris Under Glass

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Post by mare_serenitatis » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:39 am

You beat me at it - this darned time difference!
No newbie grilling! (and no broiling, cooking, steaming, nor any other kind of culinary inconvenience either! :blurp2: ) Kooks is under my personal protection. After all, I owe him/her for forgetting to unlock the registration.

:party1: Welcome, kooks! :hello: Have fun and don't take anyone or anything serious - we don't either ;)
:bighug:
War doesn't decide who is right. It only decides who is left.

D.Rabbit

Post by D.Rabbit » Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:05 pm

Being the weird gal I am, I googled, "Kooks"
That was fun, it led me to a site that defines the name Kooks as a type of person who has their own concept of reality, and has no problem sharing it.

I also wandered onto a page about a kook who thought John Lennon was assassinated by a conspiracy including Nixon, Reagan, and Steven King. Cause the killer looked a bit like King?

Lennon was up to some antidisestablishmentarianism type stuff so the kook had some good points.
I think I'm a kook too Kooks, I keep finding all those little random occurrences and building conspiracy's with them. It's fun, but one has to know when to close the file drawer.

So how Kooky are YOU?

kooks

thankyou for the welcome

Post by kooks » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:20 am

thanks for the welcome!!!
grilling sounds kinda good being as we are having no kind of a summer again in england! i need something to warm my icy little feet up! it is just no fun when you cant walk round in bare feet and feel the grass between your toes.
i have never looked at defination for kooks but that sounds strangely like me! though i haven't shot anyone....yet!!! few annoying world leaders though...... :rolleyes: but considering i nearly cried, putting a snail i tried to save out of its misery, a few minutes ago i dont think i am up to the job. (i have strange soft spot for slugs and snails them being the worlds most wanted!)do love john lennon and am fascinated by conspiracy theories. (my uncle believes john lennon's shooting was set up by the 'establishment' beacause of his views that were perfectly expressed in 'imagine')
so you have probably gathered i am critter loving 'paranoid' :wink: country gal from old england sat at her jurrasic computer with 2 cats bums in my face writing this when i should be cleaning out my fish tanks!nothing quite like procrastination!
am i suppose to say i am 37, single, childless and quite happy about it most of the time! i dont have the usual lifestyle....my family call me 'alternative' (amongst other things!!odd, weird, kooky!), i love all the annoying critters i share my home with,my friends, my spirituality, clothes, my dreads, my tattoos and so much more.... which i will look forward to sharing with as time goes on!
again thanks for the welcome :D
today today sounds far away. tomorrow is already gone

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Post by mare_serenitatis » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:15 pm

LOL you sound like someone who fits in perfectly with our crazy bunch :mrgreen:
And I absolutely share your opinion on snails and slugs. Besides, most of them feed only on dead or dying plants, so they are actually very useful and prevent our gardens from getting foul and mouldy. The few bites they take of my lettuce and rosebuds are a fee I gratefully pay :)
(plus: many snails are really pretty!)

What part of rural England are you from? I'm atm looking for nice terror... errmm *tourist*-free places for a peaceful and quite vacation some time next year.

Oops, I almost forgot: I am from rural Bavaria, 44, in a long-distance relationship, no kids. I'm fond of all critters except for maggots and bluebottles. And my PC is 8 years old :mrgreen:

D.Rabbit

Post by D.Rabbit » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:07 pm

Hee Haw, we have another crazy to add to this cobbled together crew!

I'm in rural Ontario, and I get those descriptive names from time to time, most say I'm eccentric, and I can live with that.

I have one son, my saboteur, but he's grown married and lives thousands of miles away, He was here very recently and I have last years model computer in a brand new box. One of the perks of getting him into computers when he was 7.

I have no pets atm. I did have a couple of chipmunks, a rabbit, some other scuzzy critter living under my wood shed and a very annoying wood pecker hanging around for a while, but I suspect that bald eagle and the huge hawk I spotted the other day have recycled them.

Hope it warms up for you, bare foot is so much better then trying to scoop the energy from the planet in through shoes.

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Post by mare_serenitatis » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:34 pm

D.Rabbit wrote: I get those descriptive names from time to time, most say I'm eccentric, and I can live with that.
you forgot to mention hotheaded, stubborn, friendly, ingenious, imaginative, high-spirited, inspired, inspiring, artistic, crafty, inventive, humourous and a few dozen other adjectives :hug:

shione123

Post by shione123 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:25 pm

You forgot sweet, loveable, and highly intelligent. :)

D.Rabbit

Post by D.Rabbit » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:37 am

LOL you crazy kids, that's so sweet, way better then reading all my positive feed back on ebay!
Now I'm going to need some lead shoes so my inflated head doesn't cause me to leave earth's atmosphere!
(((((((Mare)))))))) (((((((Shione)))))))
[scroll]Help I"m floating![/scroll]

kooks

Post by kooks » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:30 am

had a slight freaky moment there and believed you thought i was a spammer....went to the wrong thread......being typically blonde again!!!
just quick today as off to visit my sis over on the east. i am actually slap bam in the middle of the country on the busiest flight route but other than that there would be no interest for (small cough) 'tourism' :wink: !!! but there are nice places to visit not so far away like althorpe (if you interested in princess diana....she grew up there) 5 miles away. not far from warwick castle or stratford upon avon (for shakespeare lovers). when i left uni i actually applied for stage crew work at the theatre there but no luck! :(
gosh just noticed the time and now i am late...as usual! catch up tomorrow i guess

D.Rabbit

Post by D.Rabbit » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:34 pm

Sorry Blondie..... :D
We do get a lot of spam bots that can be researched on line, but that thread was from a new one, or one that changes it's screen name every time it tries to infiltrate. So it tricked me into letting it in, but Mare killed it with her trusty mouse for us.

It's only recently that wireless high speed was introduced to my area of the back woods. It's not very reliable, I've lost quite a few messages after hitting preview or send because it dropped me and I had not noticed or forgot to copy my text.

Dial up here was so pathetic for a while I employed Keith to barbecue the two beaver mascots of my ISP. They outsource all the help lines to India, so you never got anywhere when you try to tell them that your server is a boat anchor and should be chucked.
I freaked out on their feed back board a couple of times, to get them to fix it to the point that it worked properly again.

I'm not much into the Royals, I would prefer that the Queen would take her face off our currency, but it's always good to have one of the richest women in the world on your side when your looking down at the aggressiveness of the States while your polluting Alberta with the oil sands projects. Add in our copper, lumber, water, diamonds and beer.....
(D. shivers)

I worked in Stratford Ontario one summer as the assistant stage manager and sound technician. Not for the Shakespeare productions though, for a workshop theater group in an open air venue. Good times.

So what did you major in, in uni and what about our Actor Fellow, attracted you to join our fan board?

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Post by mare_serenitatis » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:30 pm

I am not much interested in Royals either (unless they are on bank notes ;) .
Warwick castle sounds interesting! And my sister has been to Stratford a few years ago and was quite enthusiastic about it. Going there is definitely on my to-do list.
And while I am in the vicinity, I could just as well go north to Coventry (I love the Coventry Carol and was always curious about the town where it was composed). Leamington Spa is also a place nearby I always wanted to see because of its famous 19th century gardens.

kooks

Post by kooks » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:18 am

oh dear!! the only thing i think of when you say spammers are weird people who actually enjoyed their mother trying to feed it to them in post war britain!! (strangely enough this DID include the seventies....i think my dad still buys it..... and offers it to me ....like all meat....everytime i visit....even though he knows i am a vegetarian!!)
my mum was a real royalist but i think they are a waste of space and tax payers money. now if it was elizabeth 1st.....now there was a woman!
strangely enough i majored in american studies!drama was my minor and i did 2 years of english. i love performing but not the travel involved. done some community theatre here in the village and some stage crew work at panto (which i LOVE) at the royal in northampton after i finished my degree there. keep thinking i need to do some more soon. am getting withdrawel symptons :cry:
my friend (who has the biggest video/dvd collection i know) lent me andromeda and needless to say i was hooked and looked on net to see if could find what other work KHC was in. needless to say, nothing i could get over here :cry: but i found this board and thought i could keep look out :wink: i think KHC made andromeda for me. i was gutted when he left. i think i left watching the rest for a couple of months. eventually watched it but not the same. was curious about trans' character and i liked rev when he was on. ho hum....such is life!as for the attraction...who knows??obviously had some kind of soul lesson to learn from it all.....or people to meet? on message boards? i just trust my gut on these things and then you generally can't go wrong.
oh look i am late again....maybe is should be the white rabbit!!!

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Post by mare_serenitatis » Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:31 pm

LOL and we are the mad hatters? :blurp2:
Have a cup of tea, dear :mrgreen:

D.Rabbit

Post by D.Rabbit » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:10 pm

That would make me the March Hare?
Sprinks can be the Queen of Hearts, I can hear her now....OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!

I like Keith as the Chesire Cat, sitting up in his tree grinning from ear to ear.

One never knows until you learn why one is attracted to this community. It took me years to figure that one out, and now that I have I'm stuck here? Not really, I live in my own reality as everyone else does, but I have fun here and Keith can take our good natured ribbing often enough.

The show did go down the tubes, but it was heading there as soon as they fired RHW the head writer after the second season. I'm sure captain terrific found it not to his liking the direction Robert was heading, but he didn't come up with anything worth watching.

As I mentioned to another member, dumbing down the writing is like tossing chum to the sharks!

In case you don't know, "sharks" is the expression used when a show is losing it's audience.

I'm off myself with no clock in hand. Have some tea and everyone move down!