Welcome THEVEPOOBBENT

Tell us hello and introduce yourself :)

Moderator: IrisD

D.Rabbit

Welcome THEVEPOOBBENT

Post by D.Rabbit » Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:58 pm

This might be a little premature, this welcoming thread.
I could not find any information on the web to do with your user name so I'm hoping that you are truly someone interested in joining this community, not just another spammer trying to sell us stuff.

If the former, great!
Tell us a little bit about yourself and what brought you here.

If the latter, your account will be terminated so that we may keep this board a happy friendly place to play, not shop.
Unconditional Love is all you need.

Osiris Under Glass

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Post by mare_serenitatis » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:29 pm

It's a bot, D.

There is a trick to find them out:
if a human registers, he/she automatically gets the default template. They can alter it later, when they have logged in.
A bot overrides certain steps in the registration and always choses the template that comes first in alphabet.

So if someone choses the Christmas skin in the mid of summer (like our new friend THEVEPOOBBENT), chances are the user is a bot.

I just deleted the account. If it turns out to have been a real person with just a massive Christmas-addiction, he/she will re-register, I'm sure :)
War doesn't decide who is right. It only decides who is left.

D.Rabbit

Post by D.Rabbit » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:45 am

OH Pooh, another Bot.
But most bots have massive returns on Google, cause they join hundreds of message boards. Google didn't recognize the name at all.

The ve poob bent also had an ICQ number that most of our recent spammer didn't use is why I gave them the go ahead.
They may not have noticed the choice of skins, and that skin if I recall correctly is lethal. You can't view the board if you use it.
Oh well, maybe they will be back if they are truly interested.

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Post by mare_serenitatis » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:14 pm

I suppose so.
Which skin is it that gives you problems? I didn't notice that there was something wrong with one of them. *gets fly flap ready for the nasty bug*

D.Rabbit

Post by D.Rabbit » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:01 am

When you where off on vacation last Dec. Sprinks asked me to switch her to the Christmas skin because you left us with some bugs and that was the only way she could have the skin if I switched it for her.
Next thing you know she's crying because she could not see the board and I switched her back to, "Lea."
So the short answer is the Christmas skin.

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Post by mare_serenitatis » Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:27 pm

IC. Thanks for the tip. I'll fix it next weekend (this weekend I have an appointment with my sister at the Jazz Weekend =) )