Welcome, King's child

Tell us hello and introduce yourself :)

Moderator: IrisD

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Welcome, King's child

Post by mare_serenitatis » Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:16 pm

yet another German (yeah, today this board and tomorrow the whole world, errr, the whole internet :mrgreen: )

:yaya: Welcome, King's Child! :hello:

D.Rabbit

Post by D.Rabbit » Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:10 pm

Hi King's Child,
Welcome to the board.
Don't mind Mare she has this need for world domination but I have the feeling she won't know what to do with it once she succeeds?

[voice of experience]It's one thing to battle your way to the top but once you get there, watch out for the wanna bees and the malcontents.[/voice]
Unconditional Love is all you need.

Osiris Under Glass

King'sChild

Hello

Post by King'sChild » Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:11 pm

Hello and thanks!
Yes, I'm from germany, from bavaria!!!
And please, don't kill me, if my english is bad! I'm a 46year old lady and I don't need this language since 20 years!
Thanks to Keith, he made me to learn it again!
Have a nice time!

D.Rabbit

Post by D.Rabbit » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:08 pm

We don't kill people for bad English around here, we don't even correct them unless they ask for our help.
I get the feeling that most of the active members at the moment speak German and I'm the odd doll out.
There is a German fan club for KHC run by Iris D. the link is in her signature.

But do stay around and practice your English with us, please.

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:35 pm

Hey King'sChild and welcome to our little family!!! :hello:
Hope you'll enjoy being here, we're a pretty nice bunch when you get to know us, really. :D
I get the feeling that most of the active members at the moment speak German and I'm the odd doll out.
Aww, don't worry D. I don't speak German either, so I guess if nothing else, I'll keep you company so you won't have to feel like the odd doll out. :wink:
What does it profit a man to gain the world and loose his soul. If you don't know where you're coming from, you don't know where you're heading. Past, present and future.

IrisD
Site Admin

Post by IrisD » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:57 am

Hi King'sChild, nice to see you here too. You will see, this crowd is a lovely one and you will feel home soon. :wink:
What does not kill me, makes me stronger.
Friedrich Nietzsche

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Post by mare_serenitatis » Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:00 pm

I agree. We're the nicest board far and wide :)
And propably the craziest, heehee ;)

I hope I didn't scare you with my mail, King's Child. (As KC lives only 30 miles from my place, I suggested a RL meeting)
Take your time. We needn't do it in this decade ;)
War doesn't decide who is right. It only decides who is left.

IrisD
Site Admin

Post by IrisD » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:12 am

If you can manage it to meet in Nuremberg on a Wednesday, than I could be there too. I'm in Nuremberg on every Wednesday! :D
Friedrich Nietzsche

King'sChild

Post by King'sChild » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:48 pm

Hi Iris,
thank's for this info. I can't say, when I'm able to visit Nuernberg. I'm working from monday to friday the whole day. And I have a second job as Reiki-Master making Reiki-treatments. And my son is active in a football (soccer)-club. There are so many appointments. But it's fine to know it. There will be a chance .... :)

King'sChild

Post by King'sChild » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:02 pm

Hi mare_serenitatis,
no, no, you didn't scare me with your mail. It's very kind of you. It's shure that I'm living in Regensburg but I don't know, where this lokals are. I seldom drink alcohol or go to a pub.
Wenn es weh tut, ist es keine Liebe!
If it hurts, it isn't love!

shione123

Post by shione123 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:12 am

Welcome King'sChild. Make yourself at home. :)

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Post by mare_serenitatis » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:49 pm

I don't like alcohol either. And I scarecely go out because everywhere there are smokers.

Cafe Opera was a tip from my sister. It's tiny: only 6 or 7 people fit in. If you come from Haidplatz and walk towards Arnulfsplatz, turn to the left into the last sidestreet before you reach Arnulfsplatz (Drei-Mohren-Gasse) There is a sushi bar at the corner and Cafe Opera is right opposit it. Their fruit cakes are phantastic, especially the orange tart!

If you like sushi, I recommend the one at the corner Rote-Löwen- Straße / Wollwirkergasse. The sushi there is 100% fresh and very good.

There's also a very nice cafe Vor-der-Grieb, Cafe Vitus. A bit expensive but very nice with even a tiny Biergarten. They have good breakfast, according to my sister. I tried their Flammkuchen (thin crispy quiche with sour cream) which also is excellent.
War doesn't decide who is right. It only decides who is left.

IrisD
Site Admin

Post by IrisD » Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:12 pm

King'sChild wrote:Hi Iris,
thank's for this info. I can't say, when I'm able to visit Nuernberg. I'm working from monday to friday the whole day. And I have a second job as Reiki-Master making Reiki-treatments. And my son is active in a football (soccer)-club. There are so many appointments. But it's fine to know it. There will be a chance .... :)

This month I will not be able to visit Regensburg, but who knows...probably in September? Is there still this nice Irish Pub down by the River Donau? Would be nice if I could hear Declan O'Connell again...I come back to you when I know more if I can come there and maybe you will find some time to come with me?
Friedrich Nietzsche

ladybug

Post by ladybug » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:20 am

:hello:

Welcome to the board King's Child. I hope you enjoy it here.

PEACE

Sheila/ladybug

King'sChild

Post by King'sChild » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:28 pm

Hi Sheila "ladybug"!
and hello shione123!
Thanks for your welcome! I only speak this language a little bit, so I need time to understand all in the right way!
Wenn es weh tut, ist es keine Liebe!
If it hurts, it isn't love!