Welcome, King's child

Tell us hello and introduce yourself :)

Moderator: IrisD

kooks

Post by kooks » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:59 pm

yes welcome kings child! guten tag....afraid about all i remember from my german classes! did like the language though.....
today today sounds far away. tomorrow is already gone

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Post by mare_serenitatis » Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:12 pm

Don't worry - practice makes perfect (Übung macht den Meister).
War doesn't decide who is right. It only decides who is left.

Cyowari

Post by Cyowari » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:28 pm

:) Hi King's Child!

When you joined I was on sick leave and couldn't bid you welcome.

:cheers: Welcome!
^
^
^
(nonalcoholic beer)

It's nice when from time to time somebody who is enthusiastic about Keith follows the tracks to our doorstep.

I live in Nordrhein-Westfalen, therefore I'm also German but as you and all the others are Bavarians I know it's not quite the same. I heard you are running around in Dirndls and Lederhosen all the time munching Leberkäse and drinking Löwenbräu. Well, everybody around here knows that is not German but a kind of decoy for tourists - or isn't it? Anyway, if you are fond of Keith you must be a rather sensible but crazy enough person to bias me in your favour.

I'm thinking about a round trip to Bavaria as soon as I'll be able to travel again - there are several cathedrals and museums I'ld like to see and several sisters I'ld like to meet.

Willkommen im Club! (and the anglophone part of the community should understand that, too!)

Cyowari
Then up he rose, and donn'd his clothes, / And dupp'd the chamber-door;
Let in the maid, that out a maid / Never departed more.
Hamlet, Act IV, Sc. V

King'sChild

Post by King'sChild » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:53 pm

Thank you for your kindly words. My best friend lives in Nordrhein-Westfalen, in Kleve!
I'm not a typical bavarian girl, I like hardrock too much!
As I was a child I learned the instrument Zither. But there are so many years without practising.
If you visit Regensburg to see the wonderful Dom, say a little to me, it would be nice to show you some about Regensburg.
Wenn es weh tut, ist es keine Liebe!
If it hurts, it isn't love!

IrisD
Site Admin

Post by IrisD » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:48 pm

King'sChild wrote:Thank you for your kindly words. My best friend lives in Nordrhein-Westfalen, in Kleve!
I'm not a typical bavarian girl, I like hardrock too much!
As I was a child I learned the instrument Zither. But there are so many years without practising.
If you visit Regensburg to see the wonderful Dom, say a little to me, it would be nice to show you some about Regensburg.
So tell me what's typical bavarian? I liked Heavy Metal all my life and I still do. And hey, my best friends are living in Bielefeld, NRW! ;)
What does not kill me, makes me stronger.
Friedrich Nietzsche