welcome michael elizabeth

Tell us hello and introduce yourself :)

Moderator: IrisD

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

welcome michael elizabeth

Post by mare_serenitatis » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:53 pm

:hello: Welcome! Don't be afraid of us - we're a nice bunch, just a little crazy perhaps ;)
Don't hesitate to ask if there's something you'd like to know. We'll all be happy to help you.

Doesn't this call for a party, Ladies and Gentleman?
*drags in big grill and a few buckets of charcoal*
(nooo! I don't mean a newbie-BBQ!! I mean a BBQ for the newbie! :P )

shione123

Re: welcome michael elizabeth

Post by shione123 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:50 pm

Welcome to the board, michael elizabeth!!! :)

IrisD
Site Admin

Post by IrisD » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:45 am

And a warm welcome from me too. :)

If you have one or more questions feel free to ask at the technical Thread, we try to answer as fast as we find an answer. :D
What does not kill me, makes me stronger.
Friedrich Nietzsche

D.Rabbit

Post by D.Rabbit » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:58 pm

(nooo! I don't mean a newbie-BBQ!! I mean a BBQ for the newbie! )
Darn, and I was so looking forward to some fresh meat too. :twisted:

Since I've been told, may as well say, "Welcome ME."
No, that's not Me, that's you shorted down so I don't have to remember ae or is it ea in Michael.
Or would you prefer to be called Beth, Eliza, Liz, Mike, etc?

Tell us a little about yourself, what brings you to the lurking lair ( :P @ Keith) of KHC?
Unconditional Love is all you need.

Osiris Under Glass

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Post by mare_serenitatis » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:23 pm

no prob D *puts a dozen steaks, some pork fillet and plenty of potatos and sweet corn on the grill*

Good point about the name, D. How would you like us to address you, Michael Elizabeth?
And while we are at it, are you male or female?
I'm female, 45, German and a science fiction fan. When I saw my very first Andromeda episode, I got curious about the handsome actor who plays Tyr Anasazi. I made a search on the internet, found out that he had his own message board and became a member there the very same day. The board is closed meanwhile, so Lea decided it was time for a new place where we can drool over pictures of our favourite actor and exchange news and rumours.

michael elizabeth

Post by michael elizabeth » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:33 am

Hello everyone. :o

"ME" is the perfect short form for my name (I use it myself all the time. Not because I don't know how to spell it, but because it takes to long to type and...I'm lazy :) ).

mare-serenitatis, I am female, canadian and older than you biologically but inside, I'm permentantly 25. Which is why I avoid looking in the mirror. It never fails to shock me!

IrisD, Yes I have lots of questions, but, I don't know where to start, so I'll wait until I feel a little more at home here. I worry about things like being boring or inappropriate.

D.rabbit, I love that you consider me fresh meat, but I'm affraid that you would need a hack saw to cut me into bite size pieces. I turned 50 in June.

shione 123, Thank you for the warm welcome. I already feel akin to you because at the moment I'm feeling rather shy myself.

I too, am a sci-fi nut. It started when I was 7 years old and I read the book "Horton Here's A Who". Since then I'm always looking upward, which is why I trip alot.

A friend gave me my computer about a year ago. Within two weeks, I managed to crash the whole system. Luckily, I have another friend who is a genious with computers and he managed to rescue me. I had it back for about a month before I did it again (crashed) and he asked me "What did you do sweetheart? (When he calls you sweetheart it means he's mad at you)." He said: "Whatever you did this time, really @#! things up." He had to wipe the whole system clean and start again. It took him about three months to get it back to me because I'm not the only one that he helps and he lives in another town about three hours away from the city. So, he only drives in about once a month. After that, needless to say, I was afraid to go online for awhile and I stuck to playing computer games like hearts and spider solitaire.

Then one day, not to long ago, I got brave and went online. I put in the name "Keith Hamilton Cobb" and there was soooo much information that I decided to start at the top and work my way through. I was doing great, not having any problems, until I saw this one site (forgive me, but I can't remember exactly which one) that said Keith Hamilton Cobb nude pictures, or something like that, and I thought... "OKAY!". I should mention that I have the old dial-up internet so it takes awhile to enter each site. I clicked to enter the site and then got up to do something because I knew it would take a few minutes.

When I came back to look, there were all these messages that said things like WARNING! your pc is in serious danger you are being infected by trojan vireses! Along with a bunch of other warnings. I looked a my taskbar and noticed that there was no AVG security icon. I didn't know what to do. I tried to push the escape button but that didn't work. There was no "X" at the top right corner of the screen. I panicked, and shut off the computer. I was so freaked out, I almost swallowed my tongue. I was freaking out, pacing the floor and thinking "Oh no, oh no, Chris is going to kill me this time!"

After I calmed down a little, I thought okay, think, you can fix this, there's got to be something you can try before calling and confessing to Chris. Because not only was I going to have to tell him that I screwed up again, but, I was going to have to confess that I was looking for nude pictures!!! Serves me right for being a pervert!!!

Then I remembered that he had shown me how to use the "system retore" feature, so I went back to the followng day and it worked. I also remembered that he had given me a disc called "essentials" and on the disc I found my AVG security program and installed it.

When he came to visit that month I sheepishly told him what happened (minus the nude picture part). He laughed and said "I'm sorry Michael, I must have forgotten to install the AVG. For furture reference, you can just go to your taskbar, right click on the site and left click to close the site." I thought to myself "Yeah, he called me Michael, not sweetheart!"

Then I told my friend about it, the one who gave me the computer, and she said: "Stop messing around in there Michael! You don't know enough about the system yet. It's like your trying to figure out a book by reading the ending first." She said: "Why don't you just join a chat group or something. Look for one of Keith's fan clubs (she knows how much I enjoy Mr. Cobb) and you can talk about how perfect his biceps are and STAY OUT OF TROUBLE!"

So, I did. :)

ME

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Post by mare_serenitatis » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:51 am

And you picked us! We're honoured! :thanx:

Never mind about the crashes - that happens to everyone now and then. And switching the PC off when you couldn't close the browser was absolutely the best thing to do. I would have done exactly the same. It's the fastest way to escape a malware-infested website. In the worst case, the computer will start in secure mode next time you power it up but that can easily be changed back to normal.

I can totally relate to the feeling-25-and-getting-a-shock-when-looking-into-the-mirror syndrome. Happens to me every time I see my reflection in a shop window. But remember: we are like a high quality wine: we get better with age! And contrary to the guys, we don't even get bald :mrgreen:

To my knowledge the nudest pic of Keith is one in shorts on a beach (I can't find it online anymore, though). It's not exactly my favourite one - he has too muscular legs for my taste.

King'sChild

Post by King'sChild » Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:13 pm

Hi ME, wellcome to the board. Now I'm no more the fresh! (oder was heißt "Frischling"?)
And hey, wath's going on? We are the "Over-25er" ;-))) (pst - I'm 47 years old - oh, no, young!!!!)
You can look at http://www.whosdatedwho.com. There are nice Informations about Keith Hamilton Cobb.
And his own webside http://www.keithhamiltoncobb.com.

Have a nice time!
Wenn es weh tut, ist es keine Liebe!
If it hurts, it isn't love!

michael elizabeth

Post by michael elizabeth » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:26 pm

Thank you mare, your very kind.

Hello King'sChild, happy to oblige and boost you up the ladder. Thank you for the greeting.

ME

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:22 pm

Welcome aboard ME! :D
Hope you'll have a very fun time here, like Mare said, we're a nice bunch when you get to know us and all pretty much crazy about Keith, so I'm sure you'll fit perfectly well in out midst.

Mare, I think this pic is the one you were talking about, ain't it?
Attachments
Pic 14.jpg
Pic 14.jpg (12.73 KiB) Viewed 756 times
What does it profit a man to gain the world and loose his soul. If you don't know where you're coming from, you don't know where you're heading. Past, present and future.

michael elizabeth

Post by michael elizabeth » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:20 am

Thank you Ashanti. As far as I'm concerned, there is no such thing as too much muscle on a man.

ME

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:01 pm

^^^
You're welcome, and I TOTALLY agree with you there! :wink:
What does it profit a man to gain the world and loose his soul. If you don't know where you're coming from, you don't know where you're heading. Past, present and future.

michael elizabeth

Post by michael elizabeth » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:02 pm

:balloon:
Last edited by michael elizabeth on Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sprinkles

Post by sprinkles » Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:12 pm

Me, I am happily to welcome you to our little family. I hope you stay around and talk and drool over this major Actor that has enchanted all of us. I must say he has without knowing brought together so many folk far and abroad. I have known most of these beautiful folks now for about what D rabbit, like 10 or so years, Whow the amazing friend I have met some in person and some from the chants we've had over the years. Oh there was a time in my personel life that I was so lonely and depressed you know RID (real life drama) , if I didn't have these bunch of real people to talk to, cry with, laugh with I don't know if I would have made it. Just knowning they were a keyboard away have gotten me through a mess of drama, Lol!!! and I thank God I am still here and still in touch with them. Me, just open yourself up and be true, and you will be amazed at the love you will feel flowing through this board.

Now we get a little crazy here at time when we are all around, you know parties and we, well D and I can sometime forget we are suppose to eat the cyber foods and not throw it at one another Lol!!! D always starts it thought :alien:

But oh the fun we've had. and will still have.

I know what you mean about viruses in the computers, I've recently gone through the same thing. Something got into my PC and it crash so fast I couldn't get windows to boot up. but I had a secret weapon, My boss who's past time when he is not driving me crazy :rolleyes: told me to bring the CPU to work and he fixed it for me in 2 days and now I hope it keeps me connected with my family here. I nicknamed his PC Virus Terminator Lol!!!!

I tried to pay him and he told me if I tried to give him money, he was going to fire me Lol!!! So I brought him lunch instead. I know how much he loves to eat and I knew he'd never turn down a meal Hey there's always more ways to skin a cat hehe and his tummy is loveing the skinning job its getting.

I tend to babble at time ME but welcome to the family :comfort:

michael elizabeth

Post by michael elizabeth » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:14 pm

I already feel more welcome here than I could have ever imagined. Thank you for the greeting Sprinkles. I have friends like your boss. One is a mechanic and will not take money for labour. He's single, and loves my home cooking. That's how I manage to pay him back as well.:)