welcome michael elizabeth

Tell us hello and introduce yourself :)

Moderator: IrisD

Ashanti

Re: welcome michael elizabeth

Post by Ashanti » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:33 pm

Mare to the rescue!!!!!
Thanks for posting the link sis, now I can brush up on the aconyms I already know and learn new ones (which is always handy) never even knew there was such a site out there, is really true the Internet has something for everyone. :D
What does it profit a man to gain the world and loose his soul. If you don't know where you're coming from, you don't know where you're heading. Past, present and future.

D.Rabbit

Post by D.Rabbit » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:51 am

That's a really long list of acronyms on the other side of your link Mare.
Here's the list from Ex Isle's help. It's a little shorter
It has the most commonly used cups of alphabet soup.
You might have to join Ex Isle to view it, or I could just copy it and post it as a sticky on this board.
Most of us are members of that board as well.
It started out as an Andromeda board but it's an anything goes board now.

Message board short cuts are no where near as prolific as the short cuts the crack-berry folks use. Many hospitals use them and they have their own vocabulary.
Some of the short cuts are showing up in trivial pursuit games, so you might want to bone up on them.

Glad your enjoying reading the back threads here ME. If you like my sense of humor, just click on the pink logo in my signature and it will take you to my web site. The links farther down the home page in the "Consortium" is where I post most of my nonsense. But I have been adding some outrageous stuff to the "Canada" area too of late.
I just learned in June how to add MP3 files, that I make myself. I'm too lazy to learn how to play a guitar again, so I use canned sound effects.
Unconditional Love is all you need.

Osiris Under Glass

michael elizabeth

Post by michael elizabeth » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:01 pm

Hi D.Rabbit;

Thank you for steering me to your website. I had no idea how multifaceted and talented you are! :shock: I had been to your site(s) in the past, but at the time I wasn't hunting wabbits, I was hunting Keith (not scary hunting, you can relax Keith :oops: ) so I had only checked out the pages that involved him.

Where did you get all that stuff? I'm so glad I never attended one of your garage sales because then all those things would be at my house!! I used to collect a lot of stuff. Things like: elephant ornaments and then cat ornaments, then ceramics, then broaches. Through the years I ended up giving most of it away. Now I finally have some elbow room. I like it. Just don't ever open the door to my storage cupboard. Cause it'll hurt. :lol:

I was able to save the page of acronyms off of Ex isle thank you for that and thank to Mare for your information as well.

:balloon:

D.Rabbit

Post by D.Rabbit » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:32 am

Glad you where able to access the Ex Isle Page and save it.
Now there will be a pop quiz when you least expect it, so study hard!

I'm a stuff magnet, even if I don't go looking for it, it comes looking for me and I go to auctions. I was at one tonight but behaved myself. Mostly because it was truly full of junk and easy enough to say no to. I also have to get up in the morning so I did not stay to the end, just stayed until I won the bin of Baltic and Chinese cherry amber and carved cinnabar beads. Don't know what was with the auctioneer, the man is a known rock hound, he had all the costume jewelry locked up in a show case and the amber out where anyone could pocket it. I suspect he thought it was plastic.

I don't collect anything myself, I do like pretty rocks for my gardens, I have a thing for sun glasses and shoes. Beware when you walk in my front door before round up day.
At my stage of life, less is more. The less stuff you have to take care of the more time you can find for artistic endeavors.

I can't find a job in my area, they will gladly hire me to work for free, but pay me? So I sell stuff on eBay to keep the wolf from the door.
Unconditional Love is all you need.

Osiris Under Glass

michael elizabeth

Post by michael elizabeth » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:54 pm

Help!
:( I'm lost. I was just learning (figuring out) the board. Now I have no idea what is going on, I don't even know how to view active topics. :oops:

D.Rabbit

Post by D.Rabbit » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:21 am

Sound like the new upgrade has kicked you our of the loop.
Mare will be along soon I hope to help you out.
In the mean time, stay cool. ;)

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Post by mare_serenitatis » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:34 pm

sorry, I found this post only just now. I only scanned the board quickly yesterday, due to extreme cookie baking (new oplympic discipline :mrgreen: ).
If possible, please post technical problems in the technical stuff forum or send me a private message. Sometimes, I don't have the time to read all new posts the board, but I always read new posts in the technical forum and I check all my messages every day.

The only problem I have encountered so far is that the smilies on the "Lea" template (the green one) do not get displaed properly. There should be 4 pages of smilies and for some weird reason this template displays only page 1 and hides the other 3. I'm sure it does that only to anger me :mrgreen:

Could you please describe your problem more detailled? Is the "view active topics" link invisible for you or is it there and doesn't work?

michael elizabeth

Post by michael elizabeth » Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:30 pm

mare_serenitatis wrote:sorry, I found this post only just now. I only scanned the board quickly yesterday, due to extreme cookie baking (new oplympic discipline :mrgreen: ).
If possible, please post technical problems in the technical stuff forum or send me a private message. Sometimes, I don't have the time to read all new posts the board, but I always read new posts in the technical forum and I check all my messages every day.

The only problem I have encountered so far is that the smilies on the "Lea" template (the green one) do not get displaed properly. There should be 4 pages of smilies and for some weird reason this template displays only page 1 and hides the other 3. I'm sure it does that only to anger me :mrgreen:

Could you please describe your problem more detailled? Is the "view active topics" link invisible for you or is it there and doesn't work?
Thanks Mare. I'll meet you at the technical forum :)

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Post by mare_serenitatis » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:24 pm

Congratulations! You found the first phpBB 3.0.6 bug :party1:
I'll contact the authors of the board software and request help.

michael elizabeth

Post by michael elizabeth » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:19 pm

:lol: It was luck!

Actually it would be more accurate to say it found ME. :mrgreen:

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Post by mare_serenitatis » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:06 pm

LOL indeed :) I wonder how many more we'll encounter until Christmas.