welcome michael elizabeth

Tell us hello and introduce yourself :)

Moderator: IrisD

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Re: welcome michael elizabeth

Post by mare_serenitatis » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:07 pm

Don't worry about the three mails, ME - such things happen to all of us occasionally.
But you should change the password you accidentially sent before some moron gets a chance to abuse it.

Hmm, I am not sure if Gordon (aka Harper) is still in contact with Keith. Gordon is an incredibly nice guy and if he knows it he'll surely tell us if Keith is single atm or not. I'll ask him next time I see him online. That might take a few weeks, though. He's been not much online since the births of his kids.

michael elizabeth

Post by michael elizabeth » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:00 pm

Thank you. All of you are so kind and gracious. Not to mention articulate; intelligent; generous; funny and even when the topic gets heated, your all still courteous with each other. You make me want to become a better person. :D

D.Rabbit

Post by D.Rabbit » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:58 am

That is quite the fake page, the first thing that caught my attention as missing was that Andromeda was not mentioned in his, "about me" section.
Then the list of friends with Diana Ross in the pole position.
Not saying that Keith would not like to be friends with her but it's something that just does not jive in my mind. Her picture takes you to a sales pitch for her most recent release.

The photo gallery has shots from Andromeda, the con in Tulsa and a stray shot from Suddenly Susan! No recent shots showing off his bowling ball/faux planetary head and that's just not like Keith.
It does say that if I log in I can see more pictures, but I can't remember my log in. It was so long ago I probably don't have that email account anymore.

I'm pretty sure they side stepped any legal action by using the hyphen in his name.
Still, it's nice that someone went to all the trouble to give him his own page.
There is nothing really to get angry over.

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:27 pm

D.Rabbit wrote: It does say that if I log in I can see more pictures, but I can't remember my log in.
I'm with you D; I hardly ever use my Myspace account too (I only registered in order to see the pics of his appearance in New Mexico back in '07) but the other day they sent me an email about the latest changes on the site and I had to fish out my log in details in order to read it...so I just went on there, but even after logging in the pics available for viewing are still the same ones. Meh!

Come on ladies, let me hear you, all together now FAAAAAKE!!!!!!!! :lol:
What does it profit a man to gain the world and loose his soul. If you don't know where you're coming from, you don't know where you're heading. Past, present and future.

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Post by mare_serenitatis » Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:26 pm

michael elizabeth wrote:and even when the topic gets heated, your all still courteous with each other.
you should see some of the private messages and emails D and I exchanged in the past. In real life, we'd have strangled each other. *elbows D, grinning* But we're a much too crazy bunch to be angry for long. (In my opinion life is just too short to waste it with quarreling)

D.Rabbit

Post by D.Rabbit » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:46 am

Arg and rats, that's the 3rd time I've lost my post.
If one checks their links in a preview it does not open in a new window and you can't back up to find your post still sitting there. See if you can fix that please, will you Mare?
Here check this out, but not if you have to get up early in the morning.

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Post by mare_serenitatis » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:29 pm

LOL those fun facts clip is cool! :)

Fixing that problem is not difficult, D. However, finding the code line after which to insert the necessary command will take a while, I'm afraid.
For the moment, please use a right mouse click to open the link in a new window

sprinkles

Post by sprinkles » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:37 pm

I was having that problem when I use to click to preview, but since you've moved this to a new site and my boss worked his magic on this PC I am feeling in my old glory again, I'm even getting bold with my picture 8) D I know with your PC genius you'll get it under control again. Michael Elizabeth how's you PC working after those dreaded virus we had the unpleasant honor of hosting against our wills :wink:

michael elizabeth

Post by michael elizabeth » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:17 pm

My PC works great! Somebody up there likes me. Thanks for asking. I do have a few questions though...green as I am... what do these mean?

ROTFLMAO
IMHO
BTW

In case your wondering, I have been going through all the topics listed right from the beginning and working my way to the present. I think it's a lovely way of getting to know all of you and also a great way to catch up. Lots of laughs too. D.Rabbit you never fail to sleigh me. I was going through all 43 pages of the thread regarding Keith's love preferences as well as the hype about his appearance on Noah's Arc. I was starting to fall asleep about around the part when someone posted the picture of the DVD cover. Everyone was talking about how dreamy they were eg: someones eyes were beautiful another ones smiles was gorgeous and about how buff their bodies were, when up pops rabbit " Is anyone thinking coconut bra's right now? The pecks on those guys are so big they put most women to shame"

I laughed so hard, I had to get up and find a tissue to wipe away the tears. I was good for another two hours of reading after that. :D

sprinkles

Post by sprinkles » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:22 pm

My PC works great! Somebody up there likes me. Thanks for asking. I do have a few questions though...green as I am... what do these mean?

ROTFLMAO
IMHO
BTW
Ok here goes llet see if I have my memory in the right place

michael elizabeth when you type on a keyboard as much as we do we tend to shorten woldly phases for example

ROTFLMAO = rolling on the floor laughing my A&& off . a short way of saying your laughing you butt off real hard :lol:

IMHO= This means In my honest opinion another way to say what I think about and just me nobody else thought :lol:

BTW= by the way,

They got me too until my cyber buddy explain it all to me, :lol: you catch on soon enough and I bet you'll also shorten your saying like me

You know for a long time I didn't know what the term BFF meant until my Daughter told me it meant best friend forever, hehe

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:43 am

^^^
Cool new avatar sis, I really like it a lot. :D

Hey ME, I totally understand where you're coming from girl; back when I joined Keith's Official Board, I too had to get familiar with all the different initials, a task which surely seemed daunting at the time, but trust me if I got used to it I'm sure you will too. :wink:
Here are another couple you may want to add to your list;

LOL = Laughing Out Loud

IIRC = If I Recall Correctly
What does it profit a man to gain the world and loose his soul. If you don't know where you're coming from, you don't know where you're heading. Past, present and future.

michael elizabeth

Post by michael elizabeth » Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:15 am

Thank you sprinkles. Your going to laugh when I tell you this but... :oops: when I was reading the postings about how people thought that NA was a service announcement for the AA community I thought to myself: "AA? What the heck does Alcoholics Anonymous have to do with anything? :lol:

sprinkles

Post by sprinkles » Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:53 am

:lol: I hear I just want you to know I am still learning everyday, imagine my surprise when I actuall find out what, what is :lol:

Ashanti I figure my avatar is a reflection of the coming season, which is my favorite, hehe Fall

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Post by mare_serenitatis » Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:34 am

a rather good list of the most common (and many not so common) acronyms used on the internet can be found here: http://www.gaarde.org/Acronyms/

sprinkles

Post by sprinkles » Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:37 pm

:flowers: Mare, Always to the rescue, I was afraid for a second Michael Elizabeth was going to ask me one I didn't know :aaa: Now we can all learn together. Thank Mare your the best :worship: