Welcome Natalie 9

Tell us hello and introduce yourself :)

Moderator: IrisD

IrisD
Site Admin

Welcome Natalie 9

Post by IrisD » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:17 pm

So you found the way in this crazy crowed and I hope you will have a lot of fun here.
If you have questions about our star, the community or about the Forum, then feel free to ask us.
Or do you want to tell us something about you? :)

Ok, now I hope you will feel home here very soon...
What does not kill me, makes me stronger.
Friedrich Nietzsche

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Re: Welcome Natalie 9

Post by mare_serenitatis » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:12 pm

добро́ пожа́ловать! :welcome:

sorry, that's almost all the Russian I speak. So if your English is not good, just remember how badly we speak your language :mrgreen:
It's really not important as long as we have fun. And in the worst case Lea can be our interpretor.

So don't be shy and join the fun.

D.Rabbit

Post by D.Rabbit » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:37 pm

This is tease KHC head quarters, drop in and have some fun with us.
NO X-rated pics or we will all get jealous.

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Post by mare_serenitatis » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:11 pm

I just received a mail from Natalie.
Greetings to all and she lurks here quite a bit and enjoys the banter and the pictures.
Her English isn't very good and so she uses a translating programme. (But her English is good enough already to realize that the programme makes mistakes :thumbup: )
There is also a technical problem that keeps her from posting, but I am confident that we can fix that.

Don't be shy, Natalie! When I post here, I use my dictionary all the time. It is my daily body-building: the book has 1769 pages and is so heavy that you could knock out a whale with it :mrgreen: ).
Nobody is perfect and nobody here would laugh at you if you make a mistake. Don't worry :hug:

michael elizabeth

Post by michael elizabeth » Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:28 pm

Hi Natalie 9, welcome.

Mare is correct about no one making fun of you. Or worrying about grammatical errors. English is my mother tongue and I still have to use the dictionary daily. For example, I had to look up the correct spelling for grammatical. :rolleyes: :balloon:

D.Rabbit

Post by D.Rabbit » Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:52 pm

English is my play ground, I write copy and poetry and nonsense, I still run a spell check on every thing I type.

If you go to the web site of your browser and search around you more then likely will find a spell check program to download, that sits on the top of your browser so you can put down the dictionary.

Before this feature was available I would run all my posts through my email accounts to check the spelling. Often I would have to run it through a message board window to remove all the code too. Talk about time consuming!

The one good thing about a spell check program, is that if you pay attention, your spelling improves. So far not one error on this post.

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Post by mare_serenitatis » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:14 pm

Natalie contacted me to tell me she can not post because she doesn't see the index page.
At close inspection I found out that *I* was the problem. I activated her account but forgot to change her permissions from "guest" to "member". Great! With such an Admin who needs any software-bugs anymore? :oops:

But now the problem should be solved.
:welcome: Welcome Natalie 9!! :hello:

Natalie 9

Post by Natalie 9 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:16 pm

Well here, at last I on freedom, and I can talk to you.
:bounce:

Warm regards from Russia to all!
And many thanks to all of you that have given me so a lot of attention in this theme.
Especially many thanks mare_serenitatis that so has shown consideration for my problem and has given so a lot of time to provide to me possibility to communicate with you.
Now at last I have had an opportunity to express you admiration of idea of creation of this Board. And as, of course, admiration of talent of the Keith Hamilton Cobb.

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:17 pm

Hi Natalie and welcome! :D

Sorry for my lateness in welcoming you to our little cyber family, but I don't always remember to check this Forum...anyways, hope you'll enjoy the place and our company.
What does it profit a man to gain the world and loose his soul. If you don't know where you're coming from, you don't know where you're heading. Past, present and future.

sprinkles

Post by sprinkles » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:21 pm

Welcome Natalie 9, I hope you find this sight a welcome home. Don't worry about your English, I speak English very well, however when it comes to spelling it correctly, Lol!! that is where my flaw is. But this wonderful bunch of folks looked past my flaw and decided to give me a nickname, (DEBBISH) they got so good at deciphering my bad spelling, I can type something crazy and they understand it, scary hum :aaa: Anyway welcome and I do hope you stay around for a long long time, :rolleyes: :lol:

michael elizabeth

Post by michael elizabeth » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:52 pm

I was wondering what that meant, "Debbish". :?

I had read it several times in other postings, I figured if I hung around long enough someone would explain. Thanks Sprinkles. :P

Welcome aboard Natalie 9. I understood everything you wrote perfectly. :cow:
See, your already a veteran. :D

Natalie 9

Post by Natalie 9 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:42 am

Thanks for warm reception and tender words.

I really very badly know English language. But I do not worry for correctness of a writing of separate words - it written for me by the program. :mrgreen: But word meanings are confused unfortunately even by the program. And I also do not know them at all - it is necessary to rely on conscientiousness of the program, but it often says lies.

If you saw, how I roll with laughter, reading translations of texts on Russian made this program... :rolleyes: :lol:

Therefore I ask you to inform me on my errors that I could correct them whenever possible.

michael elizabeth

Post by michael elizabeth » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:40 am

I'm not sure I'm qualified to correct your English Natalie 9. But, on the other hand, it might make you laugh. Which is always nice. :D

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Post by mare_serenitatis » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:12 pm

Welcome Natalie!

I love the errors of translating-programmes :mrgreen:
Have you ever had a look at the manuals for TVs or video recorders from Taiwan? They are often so funny! The one for my TV says: "The Force is on / the Force is off" instead of "power on/off". Apparently the person who translated it was a Star Wars fan ("may the Force be with you")

Natalie 9

Post by Natalie 9 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:08 am

mare_serenitatis wrote: "The Force is on / the Force is off"
:lol:

Then I will make laugh you even more.
My program has translated a phrase "power on/off" as "власти вкл\выкл". It means "officials on/off" :lol: