Welcome Natalie 9

Tell us hello and introduce yourself :)

Moderator: IrisD

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Re: Welcome Natalie 9

Post by mare_serenitatis » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:16 pm

:jump: oh my god! That's piceless! :rollin:
That proves once again that Mother Russia is always best, not only when it comes to food, drink and embalming people but also when it comes to jokes.

Natalie 9

Post by Natalie 9 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:55 pm

This joke was made up by as few as electronic program. :)

But really sometimes it would be desirable to have the button, capable to "off" the officials. :wink: And then to "on" back when it is required... :lol:

Thanks you Mare for good opinion on Russia. :)

Natalie 9

Post by Natalie 9 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:19 am

I very much was confused, having got on this site because has been sured that I unique: the old hen admiring handsomeness KHC, as the 17-year-old little girl.
Image Image

I thought that all members of this community - young people.

But when I read topic "welcome michael elizabeth", I have more learnt about some inhabitants of this place, and have understood that I not unique such here …

It's a wonder that I have unexpectedly got to such excellent company!

I'm 45, and for a long time already I not the dreamer about "the fine prince on a white horse".

Unfortunately about existence of actor KHC I have learnt not so for a long time. I looked sometimes a serial "Andromeda" simply because of boredom and a night sleeplessness. KHC has amazed me with the bright and unusual talent, and I have become interested in it. But I for the present am not so well skilful to use the Internet at once to find the information.

I had my first computer 2 years ago. I mastered it almost independently under textbooks both training programs. And I too should be engaged in service of the computer independently. The unique help - from some very good people at various forums on the Internet. I have been surprised, how it is a lot of people on the Internet are ready to help consultation absolutely disinterestedly.

Recently, wandering on the Internet, I have come across the Russian site devoted to a serial "Andromeda", and have understood that such information can be found in the Internet too.

I have tried to search for the information about KHC in Russian at first. But has soon understood that though there are very many Russian-speaking Internet pages about him, all of them contain almost same small text and about ten photos. Also I have learnt that in Russia, probably, only one film with his participation - "Andromeda" was shown. But I very much would like to learn about he more, and to see at least something else in his performance…
Here and so I have begun search in English-speaking sites …

I have found out your site one of the first, but at first was not going to be registered on it or something to write. I only wished to look photos and to read something. At all I do not know that has pushed me to be registered nevertheless …

Probably really I have gone mad, if have reached that of that without knowing English language, was registered on an English-speaking site, and I try to communicate through the online-translator.

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:02 pm

Hi Natalie!

Don't worry about not being 17-years-old and liking Keith, a lot of his fans are on the more "mature" side shall we say (I'll be 36 in December and I think I'm one of the 'babies' of our little cyber family) and yet we all end up behaving like silly teenagers when he's concerned. :rolleyes:
Natalie 9 wrote:Also I have learnt that in Russia, probably, only one film with his participation - "Andromeda" was shown. But I very much would like to learn about he more, and to see at least something else in his performance…
Here and so I have begun search in English-speaking sites …
Andromeda was shown in over 100 Countries all over the world, so is no real surprise that most people became Keith's fans through it even without being necessarily interested in sci fi per se.
He has also starred in a couple of Soap Operas ('All My Children' and 'The Young and the Restless') which are shown overseas but Tyr's complexity, depth and multi-layered personality was probably more alluring to the masses than the much less complex characters created by/for daytime tv.
Also the character was tailor-made especially for Keith and that made a real difference when it came to bring it to life, at least in my opinion.

Anyway, I'm glad you're enjoying your experience at the Board so far and if you think you've gone mad for posting on an English-speaking site even though you don't know the language that well, know you are in real good company when it comes to loosing power of rational thought due to that incredible man, we've all done it at one point or another. :lol:
What does it profit a man to gain the world and loose his soul. If you don't know where you're coming from, you don't know where you're heading. Past, present and future.

sprinkles

Post by sprinkles » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:45 pm

Yeah what Ashanti said

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Post by mare_serenitatis » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:29 pm

I am 45, too! :)

Maybe you can one day start your own KHC website in Russian :) And then we will become members there and use a translating programme :mrgreen:

When I have a little time, I post on a Dutch Star Trek board. The members there are very nice and help me when I don't know a word. After 3 years now I understand almost everything but I still speak and write Dutch very badly :blush:

I think it is really curageous of you to teach yourself how to use a computer. I imagine it is quite difficult when you must rely on books only. Are there no evening classes for computer and internet in Russia?

Natalie 9

Post by Natalie 9 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:18 am

Ashanti wrote: Anyway, I'm glad you're enjoying your experience at the Board so far and if you think you've gone mad for posting on an English-speaking site even though you don't know the language that well, know you are in real good company when it comes to loosing power of rational thought due to that incredible man, we've all done it at one point or another. :lol:
After that unless it is possible to trust words: "Are ill together only with a flu, but become crazy on one" :lol:

And so - I am happy to become the crazy together in such pleasant company! :D
mare_serenitatis wrote: Maybe you can one day start your own KHC website in Russian :) And then we will become members there and use a translating programme :mrgreen:
It would be magnificent, but unfortunately while is impracticable. Can sometime be later ... :) :oops:
For now my knowledge suffices only on writing at another's forums.

However, in a Runet (Russian Internet) already now there are a lot of Internet pages devoted KHC, but information in them is small. And certainly there are many admirers KHC. Anyway I saw their some records in guest-books.

Mare, you are a remarkable woman! If I have correctly understood that is written in your profile, you live in Bavaria, and however well know English language to write here, and moreover know the Dutch language and write at the Dutch forum. It is surprising for me! Image
For me it is very difficult to master at least only English...

mare_serenitatis wrote:I think it is really curageous of you to teach yourself how to use a computer. I imagine it is quite difficult when you must rely on books only. Are there no evening classes for computer and internet in Russia?
Certainly in Russia many computer classes. But unfortunately they are inaccessible to me, because I have small problems with movement. I have a sick backbone and feet. Fortunately I still can go, but not so long. To attend courses every day it would be difficult for me, to master the computer independently easier. Besides now I know that there are very good textbooks and training programs.

Natalie 9

Post by Natalie 9 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:10 am

Ashanti wrote: Also the character was tailor-made especially for Keith and that made a real difference when it came to bring it to life, at least in my opinion.
When I look "Andromeda", sometimes it seems to me that actors think out some remarks directly "on the move". And even sometimes pin up (banter/tease) each other not as characters, and as people-actors.
Interestingly, it only seems to me? :rolleyes: :oops:

(I am sorry but I do not know, whether correctly I have used expression to "pin up", and whether it is used in English language in quality "a joke, banter, tease")

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:34 pm

Natalie 9 wrote:When I look "Andromeda", sometimes it seems to me that actors think out some remarks directly "on the move".
Actually Natalie you're quite right there, often during the filming of a scene actors tend to change/add lines to the original script; is called 'ad-libbing' - Keith and Gordon (Michael Woolvett) used to do it very often while filming Tyr/Harper scenes together.

Also is fairly well know that Keith used to like playing practical jokes on his colleagues; he tried to play one during the filming of S1's episode 'All Great Neptune Oceans'.
Remember the 'fish people' wore those breathing apparatuses on their backs which resembled very much a big fish tank?
Well, our oh not so serious idol one day attempted to smuggle a gold fish into the studios in order to put it inside the breathing apparatus of one of the other actors, unfortunately he got caught. :rolleyes:
So yes, it looked to me like there was a lot of banter going on in those day, well spotted girlfriend! :D
What does it profit a man to gain the world and loose his soul. If you don't know where you're coming from, you don't know where you're heading. Past, present and future.

sprinkles

Post by sprinkles » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:30 pm

Lol!!! I see what you mean, My favorite banter scene between Tyr and Harper was in Double Helix, when Tyr return from the Orca Prides planet, or rock and Harper met him and he told Harper the only reason the Orca 's haven't attacked was because they think he is on their side and Harper was like you aren't on their side are you, and Tyr looked at him and he started his low sexy rumbling growl, and then he lunged at Harper and Harper ran halfway down the hall, and Tyr started laughing and Harper replied "funny guys" I could just play that scene over and over and over again. I loved those two interplay with one another, I truly did.

The one that got me was in imalculatte conception when Tyr showed up after weeks of being missing and Harper after playing like he didn't care and he wanted to leave the system they were in, when Tyr showed up Harper screech Tyr and he ran to him because he was so happy to see him and hugged him. I don't know about you folks but that was a very touching scene. I had the feeling though out the whole show that that There was always a brother to brother love, respect going on between them too, But pride prevented them from openly displaying it toward each other in front of any crew member.

That why I find it hard to believe that they shot him in the back. period like a bunch of chickens. I'll never understand that never. :cry: :( How could they ruin a character that made me lose total interest in any show after that. to do with Andromenda.

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:07 pm

sprinkles wrote:Lol!!! I see what you mean, My favorite banter scene between Tyr and Harper was in Double Helix, when Tyr return from the Orca Prides planet, or rock and Harper met him and he told Harper the only reason the Orca 's haven't attacked was because they think he is on their side and Harper was like you aren't on their side are you, and Tyr looked at him and he started his low sexy rumbling growl, and then he lunged at Harper and Harper ran halfway down the hall, and Tyr started laughing and Harper replied "funny guys" I could just play that scene over and over and over again. I loved those two interplay with one another, I truly did.
That's one of my all time favorite scenes too sis, AND one of the aforementioned ad-libs (well in this case ad-scene) Keith started that one and Gordon went right along with it like a pro - awww, what a duo!!!
The one that got me was in imalculatte conception when Tyr showed up after weeks of being missing and Harper after playing like he didn't care and he wanted to leave the system they were in, when Tyr showed up Harper screech Tyr and he ran to him because he was so happy to see him and hugged him. I don't know about you folks but that was a very touching scene. I had the feeling though out the whole show that that There was always a brother to brother love, respect going on between them too, But pride prevented them from openly displaying it toward each other in front of any crew member.
Oh my, the more I think about it the more I believe we were supposed to be real sisters Sprinks, it's almost like you read my mind about favorite scenes featuring Tyr and Harper.
I always get teary-eyed when I watch the end of that episode for the exact reason you mentioned; the interaction between the two is just like big bro/lil'bro, it has always looked that way in my mind, and in scenes like that one (even though like you said, their male pride got slightly in the way at times preventing them from fully expressing their feelings for one another) is evident just how much love there was there.
That why I find it hard to believe that they shot him in the back. period like a bunch of chickens. I'll never understand that never. :cry:
Don't even get me started on that one, okay! It's been what, 6 years now? And what they did still makes my blood boil.
They WERE chickens sis, well at least TPTB were when it came to preventing anybody from stealing the spotlight away from their blue-eyed boy Kevin 'Captain Terrific' Sorbo.
Tyr's ever growing popularity with the fans was too much for them to let got 'unpunished', and it was a real slap in Keith's face to kill off a character he had put so much effort in bringing to life all to help their miserable show take off.
Even after his contract had expired, they just couldn't let it lay; by Bob Engles' own admission, the production lacked funds to bring Keith back for the 4 Tyr-based episodes they'd initially contemplated shooting..so why not save themselves some money and scrap the whole idea of Tyr coming back in the first place, I wonder??.
Because they had to make a statement with that execution that no one overshadows their star and get away with it, that's why!!! :x
Last edited by Ashanti on Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.

sprinkles

Post by sprinkles » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:17 pm

I guess they, when writing the episode's didn't think KHC had a large base of fans, even larger then Sorbo at the time. I guess they found out real fast (A quote from another favorite movie of mind0 which goes "Who's the Master" :lol: :rolleyes: anyone that can come up with the title to that famous movies is a star for the month here of this site :? , that was a famous quote, hehe But I guess they producer found out quick who and what KHC fans thought of him. They should have equally pitted them one with the other instead of letting Keith run free for the first season, maybe then they could have been equal on episodes and shared the success together Two major star would have knocked all the Sci-fi shows at the time and been truly number one That darn male pride I tell you.

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:31 pm

sprinkles wrote:Two major star would have knocked all the Sci-fi shows at the time and been truly number one That darn male pride I tell you.
The problem was that there were not supposed to be two stars to that show.
The set up was for one star (Captain Terrific) and then an ensemble cast supporting the lead role...of course that lasted for approx 15 secs after our Actor Fella walked through those door at the end of ep 1.
And again, IMO it has a lot to do with the show's change of direction after Robert left. He always had an idea of giving equal opportunity to all the characters to have a little limelight of their own even maintaining Sorbo as the main star.
Maybe that was why he got fired mid S2; TPTB had other ideas in mind and were not prepared to even try and get to some sort of compromise with Robert about it.
At least that's my take on the whole thing, I could of course be wrong.

michael elizabeth

Post by michael elizabeth » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:02 pm

My favorite scenes between Harper and Tyr are pretty much the same as Ashanti's and Sprinkles I like them because they make me want to laugh and cry at the same time.

This is a perfect example of how they really felt about each other, even when they're not acting.
gall1.1.jpeg
gall1.1.jpeg (48.09 KiB) Viewed 517 times
So cute . :balloon:

sprinkles

Post by sprinkles » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:19 pm

That is a great shot of them too, I felt that even when they were acting on screen, Told bonding of two souls. I love it.