Welcome Ricochet!

Tell us hello and introduce yourself :)

Moderator: IrisD

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Welcome Ricochet!

Post by mare_serenitatis » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:22 am

may I present Ricochet, our newest newbie? She's a very nice lady, judging by the mails we exchanged.
Yet another one to share Keith with. But then, at his height, there's really enough of him for all of us :mrgreen:

:welcome: to the board! Enjoy yourself. We're a crazy bunch but mostly harmless. There are rather a few threads with pics of Keith to drool over, so if you have a weak heart be sure to have your medication at hand ;)

Don't hesitate to ask if you have a question or if there is a problem. Everyone here is most helpful. If there's a technical problem or if you'd like a few additional smilies, contact me any time and I'll see what I can do.

Ricochet

Re: Welcome Ricochet!

Post by Ricochet » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:21 am

Greetings Everyone!

Thank you for your gracious welcome! I've only recently become an admirer of Keith Hamilton Cobb. It was exactly one year ago ( Wow! ) when I was on a website named TrekSpace.org.

It was a 90 plus degree day in NYC and I was watching their flashing photo cube. All of a sudden this photo of Keith ( it was that famous People Magazine photo ) and I went NUTS! I messaged and harassed one of the Moderators to find out first "who" he was and the rest of the details. After she had a good time laughing at me she told me Keith's name and gave me all of the particulars.

From there I went on my own personal "vision quest" to find Keith. By doing that I met two wonderful ladies and was blessed to see Keith this past March ( 2010) in New York City, in The Dutchess of Malfi. I was by myself and was far too shy to meet him, plus I had to scamper off to work. I know, bad choice. Next time. . . . .

In addition to loving Tyr Anasazi in "Andreomeda", I'm also an Old Guard Star Trek fan. I literally grew up watching "Trek" Every Captain from Kirk to Archer. I know, I've just dated myself, but, I'm comfortable with it.

I'm also into computers ( GEEK ), writing ( fiction, non-fiction, fan-fiction, blogging and RPGs ), photography, jogging, power walking and light weight training, jazz and Old School R&B music. That's my story. :lol:

P.S. Mare is right, there is "more than enough of Keith to go around". He is a BIG guy! ::shakes head:: As if I didn't know. . . . . .
If it doesn't work, bash it! If it still doesn't work, trash it!

michael elizabeth

Post by michael elizabeth » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:46 pm

Welcome, Richochet!! :cow:

Wow, you went from seeing Keith as Tyr and then skipped all the way to seeing him in the The Duchess of Malfi. :lol:

His appearance has changed a bit in that time. I'm curious, what did you think? He just gets better with age, doesn't he. :drool:

I haven't seen Keith on stage, I am hopeful I get the chance to some day. :wink:

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:56 am

Hey Sis, welcome to the Board!!! :hello:

I knew sooner or later you were going to find your way here. :D
Mare is right, we can be a bit of a crazy bunch at times, but we're harmless when it comes right down to it and ALWAYS happy to get more true Keith admirers in our midst.

:bighug: :bighug: :bighug:
What does it profit a man to gain the world and loose his soul. If you don't know where you're coming from, you don't know where you're heading. Past, present and future.

Sci-Fi Girl

Post by Sci-Fi Girl » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:25 am

Welcome, the more the merrier! Sounds like you will fit right in here. And that's a great story of how you discovered Keith. :mrgreen:

More Trek fans are always welcome too! :hello: I have watched Star Trek my whole life also, although I grew up watching The Next Generation. ;)

So look around and enjoy!

SFG

PS, here are some Trek threads:

For Trekkies and Microsoft-haters

and

Tribbles 'n' Bits Breakfast Cereal

;)
And the nightwind greets him like a lover;
Her cold fingers brush against his cheek
Then she chases papers down the street
Past doorways, where lovers meet
And huddle in the night
- Garnet Rogers

michael elizabeth

Post by michael elizabeth » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:04 pm

But, be careful.

The trouble with tribbles 'n' bits cereal is that it can grow hair on your chest.

Sci-Fi Girl

Post by Sci-Fi Girl » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:10 pm

^ LOL! :mrgreen:
And the nightwind greets him like a lover;
Her cold fingers brush against his cheek
Then she chases papers down the street
Past doorways, where lovers meet
And huddle in the night
- Garnet Rogers

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Post by mare_serenitatis » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:50 pm

*cough* *splutter* *giggle* damn, after all these years I really should know better than reading the board while having a cup of tea :mrgreen:

I grew up with TOS, too, so you're not the only one in that age class (actually, there are a few members here who are even older than us *ducks and hides from flying baby toys, carrots and false teeth*). :splat:

We used to play TOS after school and everyone wanted to be Spock because he was soooo cool. And nobody wanted to be Kirk because he would nnever listen to Spock's advice. LOL if only Mr Shatner knew!

Trouble With Tribbles wasn't exactly my favourite episode but More Trouble With Tribbles is definitely on my Trek top 10. And I don't mind a hairy chest as long as it belongs to Worf or someone similarly attractive ;)

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:00 am

@ Michael: It was awesome seeing Keith in person! I knew he was big, but I didn't know that he was THAT big! It might have been the fact that I was in the front row of the theater. The last three seats were the ones in the front, so I grabbed one online.

I didn't really spot any changes other than his lack of dreads. Boy do I miss that magnificent "lion's mane" of his! I didn't see any other changes. He may have gotten a little gray, but gray I don't mind, because I'm a bit of a gray fox myself. :bounce:

In my personal opinion he's done a spectacular job of taking care of himself ( keeping up with the weight workouts and diet ). ASHANTI had informed me that he'd lost about 30 pounds, but, I honestly could not determine where. Perhaps in his left big toe. . . . . . :D

He's definitely gotten better with age! :bounce: :bounce:

Now, speaking of Star Trek. I'm currently a member of a great site called FanCentral.us. The address is http://www.fancentral.spruz.com/ . There's where I get all my news and facts about Star Trek. I am on still on TrekSpace.com , but I'm not as active as I used to be. I'm also on KlingonSpace.com, but I'm not as active on there either.

I'm also a member of Online Starbase at http://www.onlinesb.proboards.com/index.cgi. My pen name is JoanOfArc Anasazi and I'm working on a Trek/Andromeda crossover story named "Crossbow", and it is housed in the "From the Mind To The Padd" section. I'm not asking you to read it because it is LONG! But it is an open forum and anyone can take a peek and read at one's own leisure. :D

I also have my own sites that I tend to. My RPG site is: http://deepsapceten.spruz.com and I'm also helping with another RPG site: http://www.stgf.spruz.com/ called Star Trek GENERATIONS Fleet.

Whew! I know, I write too darned much! 'Specailly when it's a subject I love :drool: LOL!

(edited by mare to fix a broken link)
If it doesn't work, bash it! If it still doesn't work, trash it!

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Post by mare_serenitatis » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:59 pm

ooooh, a Trek/Drom crossover is an awesome idea! Worf would finally find a sparring partner who likes to pay rough, Trance would adopt a bunch of Tribbles, Harper could visit Scotty on Earth and swap tuning tips, Beka and Quark would immediately get involved in some shady deal, Dylan and Kirk would chat about getting stuck in time by being caught in a black hole and the Nexus, respectively. And Data and Romy... well, who knows - it might be the birth of a new generation of sentinent space ships.

ladybug

Post by ladybug » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:31 pm

Welcome to the board. I hope you will like it here.

For more info on Keith, you might read the Interview thread, if you haven't already. It gives you a wealth of info on him.

And, he is tall. Around 6'4 or so (depending on who you ask. He mentioned being 6'6" but it says 6'4" in his biography.) And musclular. :drool:

Star Trek fan too. I had a crush on Spook when I was a kid. Go figure! :)

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Post by mare_serenitatis » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:48 pm

When it first aired over here I was too young to have a crush on anyone. But I always wanted to be a Vulcan. Maybe that was the foundation of my scientific career :)

Natalie 9

Post by Natalie 9 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:05 pm

Welcome to the board, Richochet !
I hope that it will be pleasant to you here, as well as me, and you remain here for a long time.
Unfortunately I can't tell about myself that I "grew up watching Star Trek". Though year of my birth coincides with a year of birth of the first of these films, but it has reached Russia only in the late nineties.

I too adore science fiction since the childhood, but I had to content only with science-fiction books in my childhood. In Russia there were very few sci-fi movies in those days. But I sat for hours over books. And because of it I often received scoldings from my grandmother ... :wink: :lol:

Among my acquaintances in real life there are not enough science fiction fans. Therefore I am glad to meet here people with whom it is possible to communicate on this theme.

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Post by mare_serenitatis » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:51 pm

I have exactly the opposite problem: I know all the western SciFi movies and books but never had access to the Russian SciFi literature, because of the "iron curtain". Only now I begin to get access to Russian literature.
What is your favourite SciFi novel?

Nonny

Post by Nonny » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:51 pm

Hi Ricochet! I'm new here too. I've seen you at ExIsle too, right? :D
ladybug wrote:And, he is tall. Around 6'4 or so (depending on who you ask. He mentioned being 6'6" but it says 6'4" in his biography.) And musclular. :drool:
When Ashanti and I saw him back in 2003, he told us that he is 6'6" but that he's listed as 6'4" because in Hollywood you can't be a leading man if you're over 6'4". :rolleyes:
Emma Glitch's Reason to Live http://emmaglitch.com/