Moderator: IrisD

Cyowari

Rhade

Post by Cyowari » Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:31 pm

I've just paid a visit to this german forum
http://www.scifi-forum.de/science-ficti ... t-man.html
and they have a poll about "Andromeda's Sexiest Man" and the winner is:
Telemachus Rhade!
He got more than twice as many votes as Dylan - but the Captain even years after Keith left got less votes than our tall dark Nietzsch.
Then up he rose, and donn'd his clothes, / And dupp'd the chamber-door;
Let in the maid, that out a maid / Never departed more.
Hamlet, Act IV, Sc. V

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Post by mare_serenitatis » Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:08 pm

Cyowari wrote:Buuuuuut ...
If there had been this dilapidated bar on Ganymed
the name of the the live punk band might have been "The Dancing Doggies"
and if we all hadn't had several drinks to many
we might remember that we had been to a bar on Ganymed where there played a live punk band by the name of "The Dancing Doggies".
... alcohol abuse is gaining ground in space ...
Maybe someone should consult Telemachus Rhade; the intergalactical haunter of dilapidated bars.
LOL good point :)
Last edited by mare_serenitatis on Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
War doesn't decide who is right. It only decides who is left.

D.Rabbit

Post by D.Rabbit » Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:41 pm

Poor Dilly, he was such a big stud as Hercules with his diminutive side kick and the cast being lesser alphas, he just can't cut a break when confronted with true Alphas.
Unconditional Love is all you need.

Osiris Under Glass

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Post by mare_serenitatis » Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:50 am

you read my thoughts, D.
The man should have stayed with Hercules and never joined Andromeda in the first place. I suppose the producers wanted one well-known name to attract fans (and at least with me it worked), but as good as he was as Hercules the badly he started to suck at Drom after he managed to get rid of R.H.Wolfe.
Robert wrote really good stories. They made sense and were balanced. After he left and Sorbo became co-producer, mysteriousely the writers became "dylanized" and the other characters faded. There was no story line anymore unless you count the "Dylan saves the universe all on his own before dinner and gets the hot chick for dessert" one as a story line.

Drom is like Star Trek now, with Dylan being Kirk, and Rhade being his Spock. Scotty/Harper, Bones/Trance and Sulu/Beka are there only for decoration and to make the boss look good.

I wonder when they will finally realize that the audience is fed up with self-centered aging celebrities who are craving for admiration and abuse their wealth to ruin a perfectly good series just for being in the center of attention one last time.

Cyowari

Post by Cyowari » Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:33 pm

mare_serenitatis wrote: Robert wrote really good stories. They made sense and were balanced. After he left and Sorbo became co-producer, mysteriousely the writers became "dylanized" and the other characters faded. There was no story line anymore unless you count the "Dylan saves the universe all on his own before dinner and gets the hot chick for dessert" one as a story line.
Yes Sir, Ma'am!
mare_serenitatis wrote: Drom is like Star Trek now, with Dylan being Kirk, and Rhade being his Spock. Scotty/Harper, Bones/Trance and Sulu/Beka are there only for decoration and to make the boss look good.
Oh no, please don't equate Rhade with Spock! IMHO Spock is really cool and witty and Nimoy looked good in a sophisticated way (and still does).
BTW I just hate Dylan being named "Dylan" because this name belongs to Dylan Thomas and Bob Dylan - two extraordinary intelligent and admirable men.
Hamlet, Act IV, Sc. V

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Post by mare_serenitatis » Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:34 am

do you mean to say Rhade isn't cool, witty and good looking?
I've seen only 2 or 3 epis with him but I think he's cute. Not as sexy as Tyr but more the cuddly type, like Harper. For a member of a fierce warrior race he has almost too much of a sense of humour which makes him a tad uncool, and I really miss the sparks that flew when Tyr was flirting with someone ("I can cook, too"). With Rhade it's more like a gentle glow.
On the whole he's not bad at all IMO. Not the kind that makes you faint, but rather hubby-material.

Cyowari

Post by Cyowari » Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:24 am

mare_serenitatis wrote: do you mean to say Rhade isn't cool, witty and good looking?
Ok, I grant "good looking", but rather snug than cool and Rhade most of the times acts before he thinks (or drinks). I don't know about the actor; he simply isn't my type of man at all.
mare_serenitatis wrote: I've seen only 2 or 3 epis with him but I think he's cute. Not as sexy as Tyr but more the cuddly type, like Harper. On the whole he's not bad at all IMO. Not the kind that makes you faint, but rather hubby-material.
"CUTE" and "CUDDLY" - that's it! He just leaves me cold. I wouldn't mind his presence if he was there besides Tyr - but instead of Tyr? Sorry for that guy, but he just got between me and the producers (and there he crosses the path of a red hot ray of fury).
Hamlet, Act IV, Sc. V

D.Rabbit

Post by D.Rabbit » Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:01 pm

Oh Yeah, the Rhade character was a watered down to weak tea replacement for the double shot of Kentucy bourbon that was Tyr. I see why KHC took a hike cause that is what the writers where doing to Tyr, turning him into one of Dylan's toadies.

I had to control my gag reflex last night when I watched the end of season 4. Oh please, could he kiss Dylan's ass any harder?

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Post by mare_serenitatis » Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:03 pm

I'm ok with Rhade being in the crew, but I am not content with him being Nietzschean. I mean, obviousely none of the new writers ever saw a season 1/2 epi or read Robert's scripts. Rhade is as un-nietzsch as a Magog. He's flirtateuos, altruistic and treats women as equals, not as superiors. Where's all the survival-of-my-own-genes stuff and treating women like godesses?

Cyowari

Post by Cyowari » Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:38 am

Cyowari wrote:
mare_serenitatis wrote: do you mean to say Rhade isn't cool, witty and good looking?
Ok, I grant "good looking", but rather snug than cool and Rhade most of the times acts before he thinks (or drinks). I don't know about the actor; he simply isn't my type of man at all.
mare_serenitatis wrote: I've seen only 2 or 3 epis with him but I think he's cute. Not as sexy as Tyr but more the cuddly type, like Harper. On the whole he's not bad at all IMO. Not the kind that makes you faint, but rather hubby-material.
"CUTE" and "CUDDLY" - that's it! He just leaves me cold. I wouldn't mind his presence if he was there besides Tyr - but instead of Tyr? Sorry for that guy, but he just got between me and the producers (and there he crosses the path of a red hot ray of fury).
I still have not changed my mind about Rhade. But I saw Steve Bacic in 'Emergency Room' yesterday. Great performance! Enjoyable actor.
Hamlet, Act IV, Sc. V