trying to register

(Questions, notes, suggestions)

Moderator: IrisD

kooks

trying to register

Post by kooks » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:56 pm

hi there

been hanging around here for a while and thought it was time i tried to register. all i keep getting is the heading for terms and conditions but nothing else. am i being really blonde (which wouuld not surprise me with being comp related!)or is there a prob? help!

kooks

IrisD
Site Admin

Re: trying to register

Post by IrisD » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:59 pm

kooks wrote:hi there

been hanging around here for a while and thought it was time i tried to register. all i keep getting is the heading for terms and conditions but nothing else. am i being really blonde (which wouuld not surprise me with being comp related!)or is there a prob? help!

kooks

We had a little problem with spammers here and it can be that your IP is similar to one of this a...holes.

I try to call one of the admins here to let you in.

Iris
What does not kill me, makes me stronger.
Friedrich Nietzsche

D.Rabbit

Post by D.Rabbit » Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:30 am

Hi Kooks, welcome.
Sorry to read you can't post.
mare_serenitatis will be with you shortly, she is our tech goddess, and knows how to fix the board problems.
Me, I only delete spammers when she's too busy.
Nice to see a new member, I look forward to your posts.
D.
Unconditional Love is all you need.

Osiris Under Glass

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Post by mare_serenitatis » Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:30 pm

hi kooks, my appologies for replying that late - My local time is rather different from yours.
You're not in a banned IP range. I use to ban spammers from the complete server so that if you were IP-banned, you'd not even be able to see this board.

No, it's all completely, totally, utterly and 100% my fault :oops:
I had forgotten to put the board back into normal mode after I was away last weekend and had set the board into "spam-protect mode".
We had rather a problem for some time with spam-bots flooding the registration and so I created a duplicate of the registration form in the Lea-template that lacks one vital item: the "I agree" link. No agreement to the TOS - no registration - no spammers.

My appologies for the inconvenience I caused you.
War doesn't decide who is right. It only decides who is left.

Post by Guest » Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:48 pm

thankyou!

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Post by mare_serenitatis » Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:43 am

update:

After I just deleted 58 registration mails from my inbox, I locked the registration again and put an email address in the header so that people who want to join can contact me.

I'll put a special button in the header for an email form as soon as I have found out how to do that.

When I'm on a vacation, I'll reroute the registration mails to Lea or D and set up a few spare accounts that can be customized for the new members.

It's not really a perfect solution, but at least it'll keep the spammers out who want us to grow a bigger penis (personally, I am more interested in growing bigger tomatos :splat: ) see nude females (as if we wouldn't see those twice a day ;) ) or flights to places where we already are :wee: .

:nuts:
War doesn't decide who is right. It only decides who is left.

D.Rabbit

Post by D.Rabbit » Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:07 pm

Thanks Mare,
They where really starting to get annoying.
I took out 5 of them myself last night to give you a break.

Good luck with the button.