A Christmas Wish

(Questions, notes, suggestions)

Moderator: IrisD

michael elizabeth

A Christmas Wish

Post by michael elizabeth » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:31 pm

A Christmas wish

Okay, this is just an idea. I admit before I even get started that I have no idea how difficult or maybe even impossible this may be.

I couldn't sleep last night because of all the snow plows. It sounded like those cars kids have with the big speakers in the trunk. Except it sounded like there was at least 5 of them and all playing different music.

Most people would get up and do something productive like house work or catch up on some reading.

I thought about Keith. Specifically about the thread Sprinkles created asking if we could give him one gift what would it be. Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong but, is it not every actors dream to be able to perform in whatever form he/she considers to be they're best and most creative genre? Without someone correcting them or most of their hard work ending up on the cutting room floor?

Keith has said many times how he did not become an actor, that it is who he is and it was not really a choice. He has also said that he becomes really "grumpy" when he is not acting.

I think I heard that Skyping is a free service and will even supply the equipment necessary to get set up and started.

My question is... how difficult would it be to incorporate it to this message board? Would it be possible to set it up so that it could only be viewed on this board and can be seen as often as a member chooses without being able to make copies or downloads of the Skyped video? Kind of like the way youtube has clips set up for viewing but different because it would only be viewed by pre-screened, pre-approved members of this MB.

I'm thinking Keith could skype in whenever he felt like it and do a skit or, a poetry reading, or even a scene from Hamlet, exactly the way he would perform it if he had full creative control.

Anything he wanted within reason, and it would be a perfect outlet for his talent and creativity.

Of course, he wouldn't get paid and there would have to be ground rules.

Rules like: no requests; no swamping his email address with questions; no demands on how often he has to use the service...

We could set up a couple of threads, for example: Good reviews/Bad reviews. The comments and questions would be restricted to these specific threads and he could choose to read or participate in discussions on his own terms or not to participate in discussions at all.

There are lots of kinks and wrinkles that would have to be ironed out and of course Keith would have to be a willing participant, but that's my idea. What do you think?
Last edited by michael elizabeth on Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

D.Rabbit

Re: Mods, can we

Post by D.Rabbit » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:54 am

Knowing the frequency of the Keither appearances it would be along wait between them for sure.

It's a lovely idea, even though you picked the strangest thread to post it in.
I think your post should be split off and moved into technical questions.
Think up a title and I'll do that for you.

michael elizabeth

Re: Mods, can we

Post by michael elizabeth » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:10 am

Maybe not such a long wait if he gets to choose when and what he wants to portray.

I don't know how to create a thread yet. I do have permission but I don't know how. It's my green side shining threw again. :mrgreen:

I decided to choose this thread because it is a thread that not everyone is privy to; it's more than likely that I don't know what I'm asking; and because I wasn't sure who to ask. :mrgreen: (There it is again!) :mrgreen:

How about: "A Christmas Wish" for the title?

It would be like having his own little theater. With a built in eagerly awaiting audience. Except with a lot less headaches. No auditions; no traveling; no press junkets; no meet & greets; no pressure.

New exposure; opportunity to stretch the acting skills; always the lead part; he gets to pick his own cast members.

It would also bring this MB into the fore front, I'm betting.

I don't know. Last night, around midnight, I started to feel embarrassed again and had to tell myself to sleep on it before deciding to hit the delete button.

Maybe I should change the title to: "Give Your Head A Shake Michael Elizabeth, Your Dreaming." :rolleyes:

michael elizabeth

Re: A Christmas Wish

Post by michael elizabeth » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:05 pm

D.Rabbit to the rescue!

Thank you. :rose:

D.Rabbit

Post by D.Rabbit » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:07 pm

Your welcome :D

Got to thinking, and since KHC has a web site that he's not using it would cost him nothing to down load a copy of audacity and upload MP3 files that could be accompanied by a suitable picture.

He could even have an over 18 section where he could post his erotic prose.

That's the whole thing about being intellectual, you don't appeal to the ma$$es and if you want to get your work out there, one has to do what I do, put it on your web site and maybe tweet about it.

Off side story.
I have a new follower on Twitter, he's a financial adviser/spammer no doubt, who lives in Peterborough. I was sure it was him in the red Volvo station wagon, that I fallowed out of the grocery store parking lot and up Water Street last Friday! Talk about irony?

He's out of luck, I already have an adviser, my brother.

michael elizabeth

Post by michael elizabeth » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:19 pm

See, now I wish I had hit the delete button because I really didn't know what I was talking about. :oops:
Last edited by michael elizabeth on Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Post by mare_serenitatis » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:11 pm

on his old website he had a few soundfiles. That was really interesting for us Germans, as we never get TV shows in the original language but only with a complete voiceover, so that we never had heard his real voice before. His German voice is deeper and less silky. Not bad for action scenes, but when Tyr is flirting or talking in a low voice, the German version is not half as good as the original *sigh*.
The actor also is the German voice of captain Sisco (Deep Space 9), Duncan MacLeod (Highlander), Larry the lobster (Sponge Bob) and Inspector Kogoro (Detective Conan).

Here's Tyr in German:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQGInbssma8 (10 second sound file)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1InTxv3Z ... FF&index=1 (8:21 minutes)

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:02 pm

mare_serenitatis wrote:The actor also is the German voice of....*Snip*....Larry the lobster (Sponge Bob)
Oh Mare, the thought of Tyr and Larry the lobster sharing the same voice is absolutely hilarious. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
If I close my eyes I can just picture it...thanks for the nice laugh girlfriend!
What does it profit a man to gain the world and loose his soul. If you don't know where you're coming from, you don't know where you're heading. Past, present and future.

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Post by mare_serenitatis » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:19 pm

heehee, the gentleman seems to be a really versatile actor ;)

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:49 am

^^^
No kiddin'!!! :lol:
What does it profit a man to gain the world and loose his soul. If you don't know where you're coming from, you don't know where you're heading. Past, present and future.

Natalie 9

Post by Natalie 9 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:16 am

michael elizabeth wrote:See, now I wish I had hit the delete button because I really didn't know what I was talking about.
МЕ, really it is very a pity that your idea is not capable of realisation. If it was real, it could be unique chance for me (and others such as) to see Keith in any others video, except a serial Andoromeda and several preview trailers on Youtube.

But it would not be a gift to Keith, it could be the big gift for all of us from Keith... Image

michael elizabeth

Post by michael elizabeth » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:23 am

Natalie 9 wrote:
michael elizabeth wrote:See, now I wish I had hit the delete button because I really didn't know what I was talking about.
МЕ, really it is very a pity that your idea is not capable of realisation. If it was real, it could be unique chance for me (and others such as) to see Keith in any others video, except a serial Andoromeda and several preview trailers on Youtube.

But it would not be a gift to Keith, it could be the big gift for all of us from Keith... Image
Thank you Natalie 9. I was feeling a little foolish for suggesting it in the first place. :smooch:

Maybe Keith just has not thought of it yet. Maybe we should send him our Christmas Wish. :noideasanta:

michael elizabeth

Post by michael elizabeth » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:50 pm

It's the next morning, it always amazes me how different my perspective is after a good night sleep. :)

Keith just isn't the Santa type. He could not care less what a bunch of middle aged women want or wish for Christmas. :lol:

Maybe if we were a bunch of under privileged children it would be a different story. D.Rabbit is correct, he keeps his own council on when and where he makes an appearance and we will just have to be content to love him from a distance. :rolleyes:

I wonder if he realizes how lucky he is, :lmao: I doubt he even thinks about us at all.

D.Rabbit

Post by D.Rabbit » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:36 am

Hard to say what goes on in his head, it's his big head, and the brain that rules it is pretty much full of all sorts of machinations.

I do think he cares about us, in his own way. I even will go so far to say that he proud of this little community that gets along so well.

michael elizabeth

Post by michael elizabeth » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:04 am

D.Rabbit wrote:Hard to say what goes on in his head, it's his big head, and the brain that rules it is pretty much full of all sorts of machinations.

I do think he cares about us, in his own way. I even will go so far to say that he's proud of this little community that gets along so well.
:lol: What's with the big words? I had to look up the meaning of machination. :lol:

Not that I'm disagreeing with you but, what do you mean by "in his own way"? I would like to understand Keith better. Since I doubt I will ever get that opportunity from him, I like hearing other peoples perspectives about Keith. Especially from all of you on this board.

I find everyone here to be of sound mind and all of you are so bright, thoughtful, open and appear to be of true intention. If you stop to think about it, it is rare, especially in a "click of women" who all have the same interest. A certain man. Or at least, that's how it all started.