A Christmas Wish

(Questions, notes, suggestions)

Moderator: IrisD

User avatar
D.Rabbit
Posts: 1896
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:57 pm
Contact:

Re: A Christmas Wish

Post by D.Rabbit » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:42 pm

We are KHC's on-line harem, in the technical sense of the word, and we have known each other for may years. Most of us feel like you ME that we will never get the chance to know what he is like first hand. So why not get along?

My observations of Keith is that he's an action hero type. Only when he has something concrete to report will he do so. He never takes action until everything is finalized. Often it's a week before the event, so those who want to attend have to scramble.

I've found with Keith, that he writes more between the lines and one has to evaluate his text because, not always, but often enough, there is more to be read then the written words.

Sorry about the big words, I'll try to keep them down to a dull roar.

User avatar
Ashanti
Posts: 1366
Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:15 pm

Re: A Christmas Wish

Post by Ashanti » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:58 pm

D.Rabbit wrote:My observations of Keith is that he's an action hero type. Only when he has something concrete to report will he do so. He never takes action until everything is finalized. Often it's a week before the event, so those who want to attend have to scramble.

I've found with Keith, that he writes more between the lines and one has to evaluate his text because, not always, but often enough, there is more to be read then the written words.
True that D., very very true.

Still, I don't even think it's a conscious thing what he does with the last minute (so to speak) posting of the info.
IMO, is more that Keith doesn't expect his fans to necessarily make one of those gigs, he posts the info simply because he's going to be partaking to that specific event and after that if people can make it all the better, he's always very appreciative of the fact someone took the time to go see him...but the way I see it, is simply that he enjoys his work so much, that he's completely encompassed in it to an extent which sometimes make it seem almost like he doesn't care/bother with anything else other than that. Yet, the fans who have followed him these many years certainly know different, hence the solidarity, camaraderie and long lasting friendships which have formed so many moons ago and continue to last to this day thanks to this wonderful and complex man.
What does it profit a man to gain the world and loose his soul. If you don't know where you're coming from, you don't know where you're heading. Past, present and future.

User avatar
Natalie 9
Posts: 227
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:53 am
Location: St. Petersburg, Russia

Re: A Christmas Wish

Post by Natalie 9 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:30 am

D.Rabbit wrote: Most of us feel like you ME that we will never get the chance to know what he is like first hand.
It seems to me that the thought of understanding completely KHC - is a little absurd. As it is impossible to understand completely even the person living near to you.
Image

However conversation about other... Simply it would be very desirable to have a bit more access to his art. For the sake of what he works and because of what we love him.

michael elizabeth
Posts: 792
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:20 am

Re: A Christmas Wish

Post by michael elizabeth » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:13 am

Ashanti writes:

IMO, is more that Keith doesn't expect his fans to necessarily make one of those gigs, he posts the info simply because he's going to be partaking to that specific event and after that if people can make it all the better, he's always very appreciative of the fact someone took the time to go see him...but the way I see it, is simply that he enjoys his work so much, that he's completely encompassed in it to an extent which sometimes make it seem almost like he doesn't care/bother with anything else other than that.

Interesting, but kind of "childlike" for a man in this field of work. Audience is key for the theatrical profession. He must know this. He has never been a youngster in the world of acting. What I mean to say is that he was professionally trained before he decided to enter the acting world and not even a young adult when his career took off.

I'm new at this and admittedly very green so I mean no disrespect. After all the reading of past threads and postings (still reading), I'm just trying to put the puzzle pieces together. I do believe he finds whatever part he is working on to be all encompassing.

I must say that my feelings, emotions and opinion of Keith Hamilton Cobb has changed so many times in the last four months, that I'm actually feeling a little dizzy. Talking with all of you kind people really helps.

Thank you. :balloon:

michael elizabeth
Posts: 792
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:20 am

Re: A Christmas Wish

Post by michael elizabeth » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:19 am

Natalie 9 wrote:
D.Rabbit wrote: Most of us feel like you ME that we will never get the chance to know what he is like first hand.
It seems to me that the thought of understanding completely KHC - is a little absurd. As it is impossible to understand completely even the person living near to you.
Image

However conversation about other... Simply it would be very desirable to have a bit more access to his art. For the sake of what he works and because of what we love him.
Your right. No argument there Natalie 9. Trying to completely understand him is absurd and a little childish.

When you say for the sake of his work and because we love him. I'm curious, how can you love someone you don't know? You can love his work but, how can you say you love him?

michael elizabeth
Posts: 792
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:20 am

Re: A Christmas Wish

Post by michael elizabeth » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:41 am

D.Rabbit wrote:We are KHC's on-line harem, in the technical sense of the word, and we have known each other for may years. Most of us feel like you ME that we will never get the chance to know what he is like first hand. So why not get along?

My observations of Keith is that he's an action hero type. Only when he has something concrete to report will he do so. He never takes action until everything is finalized. Often it's a week before the event, so those who want to attend have to scramble.

I've found with Keith, that he writes more between the lines and one has to evaluate his text because, not always, but often enough, there is more to be read then the written words.

Sorry about the big words, I'll try to keep them down to a dull roar.
I like the way you "observe" D.Rabbit. :) Not so sure I'm crazy about the harem part. Especially since I eagerly volunteered! :lmao: I am a child of the woman's liberation movement so it feels like a step backward. :rolleyes:

Now a days you can't scramble. What with passports, security checks...etc. Somebody should remind him of that. Not me though, I learned my lesson the first time I emailed the guy. :mrgreen:

I used to try and learn a new word and it's definition every day. But I admittedly got lazy. So, keep those big words coming please. I love learning.

User avatar
Natalie 9
Posts: 227
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:53 am
Location: St. Petersburg, Russia

Re: A Christmas Wish

Post by Natalie 9 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:28 am

michael elizabeth wrote: When you say for the sake of his work and because we love him. I'm curious, how can you love someone you don't know? You can love his work but, how can you say you love him?
You are right, it so, probably. Image
However that there is a love to the person, besides that love to what he/she does in this world?!... :wink: :)

Actually, to tell the truth, I am visible have incorrectly translated into English a phrase which wished to tell (in spite of the fact that long selected variants of translation). :oops:
I meant that I love his talent of the actor, I love how he plays roles, and for it I love him - as the actor. Certainly I cannot love him, as person because I am not familiar with he. But for some reason it seems to me that the person with such talent cannot be bad, as the person as ...



p.s.:
I capitulate as translator: really in English language there is no concept "любить за что-то"(to love for something / to love because of something / to love what the person does something or has any qualities) ?
Image

michael elizabeth
Posts: 792
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:20 am

Re: A Christmas Wish

Post by michael elizabeth » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:40 am

Natalie 9 wrote:
michael elizabeth wrote: When you say for the sake of his work and because we love him. I'm curious, how can you love someone you don't know? You can love his work but, how can you say you love him?
You are right, it so, probably. Image
However that there is a love to the person, besides that love to what he/she does in this world?!... :wink: :)

Actually, to tell the truth, I am visible have incorrectly translated into English a phrase which wished to tell (in spite of the fact that long selected variants of translation). :oops:
I meant that I love his talent of the actor, I love how he plays roles, and for it I love him - as the actor. Certainly I cannot love him, as person because I am not familiar with he. But for some reason it seems to me that the person with such talent cannot be bad, as the person as ...



p.s.:
I capitulate as translator: really in English language there is no concept "любить за что-то"(to love for something / to love because of something / to love what the person does something or has any qualities) ?
Image
I understand what you mean. Especially when you say "it seems to me that the person with such talent cannot be bad, as the person as..." :) Thank you for your opinion, it helps me to understand my own feelings. I have a big (fantasy, romantic) crush on him. :handkiss: :drool:

michael elizabeth
Posts: 792
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:20 am

Re: A Christmas Wish

Post by michael elizabeth » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:07 am

Where did the year go?

Suddenly it's December again....and we realize that with giant strides we started in January and within a blink of an eye 2009 is on it's back.

A big "Thank You" to each and every one of you, for any impact you had on my life this year. Especially for all the responses to my postings I received. Without you, I'm sure 2009 would have been extremely boring.

From my side I wish you all a Very Merry Christmas Season filled with Loving Wishes and Beautiful Thoughts.

May 2010 mark the beginning of a Tidal Wave of Love, Happiness and Bright Futures.

And to those of you who need someone special, may you find that true love. :firstkiss:

To those of you who need money, may your finances overflow. :bestwishes:

To those of you who need caring, may you find a good heart. :heart:

To those of you who need a friend, I am here for you. :hug: :friends:

Thank you for making me part of the gang. I am truly honored. :grouphug:

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL AND THE BEST IN 2010.

:santasledge:

User avatar
D.Rabbit
Posts: 1896
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:57 pm
Contact:

Re: A Christmas Wish

Post by D.Rabbit » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:10 am

That's great ME.
Thank you, the same to you. :hug:
No problem for me letting another crazy into the fold!
Always a pleasure to find someone to keep me entertained and on my toes.

michael elizabeth
Posts: 792
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:20 am

Re: A Christmas Wish

Post by michael elizabeth » Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:25 pm

:jester: It is a challenge. :P

One I look forward to every day. :lol:

I would also like to add that it's quite a complement coming from the queen of all things funny. :lol: :worship: :flowers:

User avatar
D.Rabbit
Posts: 1896
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:57 pm
Contact:

Re: A Christmas Wish

Post by D.Rabbit » Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:34 pm

Thank you.
I am the queen of stuff, in many different genres but I have 10 years on you, and some day you might be able to take my throne from me.
This is your grooming process! ;)
It's all about keeping it light hearted and not letting anyone walk on you.

User avatar
Natalie 9
Posts: 227
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:53 am
Location: St. Petersburg, Russia

Re: A Christmas Wish

Post by Natalie 9 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:29 am

ME, thanks for such wonderful wishes. Allow me to attach to it the wishes too.

I have got to this site casually, and I at all did not expect to get here such hearty welcome.
All of you not only have allowed me to join your remarkable company, but also have helped me to feel with it not absolutely extraneous. Many thanks to all of you for it.
Image

Unexpectedly this Board became for me my own small "window to Europe" (and to America :wink: , and to all world).


Image Image Image


I too wish all of you good Merry Christmas Season and performance of all your desires.



Image Image Image

michael elizabeth
Posts: 792
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:20 am

Re: A Christmas Wish

Post by michael elizabeth » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:03 am

Thank you Natalie 9, your holiday greeting is lovely.

For someone who is just learning a new language, you are amazing at expressing yourself.
Your words are heartfelt, warm and sincere. Merry Christmas. :hugsanta: :boot:

User avatar
D.Rabbit
Posts: 1896
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:57 pm
Contact:

Re: A Christmas Wish

Post by D.Rabbit » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:59 pm

She deserves a better smilie then that one ME, Natalie has been a very good girl this year!
Image

All the best in this holiday season and the New Year.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest