A Christmas Wish

(Questions, notes, suggestions)

Moderator: IrisD

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Re: A Christmas Wish

Post by mare_serenitatis » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:02 pm

Have a lovely Christmas!
I'll be visiting my parents for a week from tomorrow, which means I'll sleep in an icy draughty bedroom, try desperately not to kill my brother, struggle to ignore my mom's senile stubbornness and attempt to keep my hands off the cookies as much as possible. But as Christmas is the time of miracles, maybe this year we'll really have a nice holiday.

I already got my first present: I got called to the uppermost boss last wednesday (my first thought was "argh! What have I done wrong now?"). When I saw both the staff manager and my boss there, I got quite nervous. And then the three of them congratulated me on my promotion!
My boss had applied for a promotion for me and though almost all the office knew, nobody told me and it was a really big surprise :) (at least I know now why they all ran around with a grin for weeks.)
Unfortunately, the paycheque won't be as big as the surprise was ;) I estimate I'll get about 100 Dollars more per month, after tax. And my Christmas gratification will be 20% less. Still, it was a very nice Christmas present.

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:05 am

Many congrats on the promotion Mare! :smooch: :cheerleader:

And of course a very Merrry Christmas and the happiest of years to you and the rest of my extended cyber family.
May 2010 bring us all love, health and many more wonderful friends as the ones who comprise this great little community of ours. :boot: :presenttree: :hugsanta:
What does it profit a man to gain the world and loose his soul. If you don't know where you're coming from, you don't know where you're heading. Past, present and future.

D.Rabbit

Post by D.Rabbit » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:30 pm

That's great news Mare!
Condolgrats.

michael elizabeth

Post by michael elizabeth » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:53 am

^^^
Ditto to what D.Rabbit said. :)

Mare, your family and mine sound very similar. You have my sympathy.
First ya hate them. :hammer:
Then you love them. :grouphug:
And you put up with things that you would never allow from anyone else. :evil:
But, you don't want to know what life would be like without them right? :rolleyes:

:seesaw:

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Post by mare_serenitatis » Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:57 am

LOL yes, indeed :) Family is a natural force, like rain or a hailstorm. There's nothing one can do against it, one just has to make the best of it ;)

Merry Christmas to y'all !!

Natalie 9

Post by Natalie 9 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:06 pm

Mare, my congratulations on your promotion! You undoubtedly deserve it.

D.Rabbit wrote:She deserves a better smilie then that one ME, Natalie has been a very good girl this year!
D.Rabbit, thanks for a nice smilie! It inspires high hopes... :wink: :lol: