Season 2 dvd

Discussion about all the stuff Keith has worked on,
along with what he will work on in the future

Moderators: D.Rabbit, Ashanti, Karin, mancheeks64

mancheeks64

Season 2 dvd

Post by mancheeks64 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:33 am

THIS CAME FROM PINKMAFIARADIO.COM. I AM SO THRILLED.

MARK

Monday, January 22, 2007
Good news for all of us “Noah’s Arc” fans! Patrik-Ian Polk updated his blog with a release date for the DVD set of Season 2! Its official June 19, 2007 is that date that you can get your hands on the full second season. Expect tons of extra features covering the making of, deleted and extended scenes plus all of the great digisodes that were made for LOGOonline.com Including Ricky’s attempt to bottom for Junito’s birthday and story behind Chance and Eddie’s daughter? The cast and crew raised the bar in their second season of “Noah’s Arc” and I am thrilled to know that LOGO has set a release date for their second outing!

As far as any announcements on when Season 3 will begin production or be on air…no word yet. Patrik-Ian Polk states in his blog that LOGO will make an announcement very soon. So for now the best thing to do is write LOGO emails letting them know how much the show means to you and that they need to bring it back ASAP! LOGO is a new channel and has limited access to info on ratings and viewer stats so they need input from fans like you.

Another way to show your support for the show is to keep purchasing episodes from season one and two in iTunes and buy the DVD set of Season one for your friends and family. The best way to support shows like “Noah’s Arc” is with your $$$! I am amazed by how often I see in fan requests for bootlegs or downloads of the show; please don’t distribute the show illegally. In this digital age of easy access people forget that it costs a lot of money to produce TV, movies and music. The one thing most likely to get LOGO to give a green light for season three would be a phone call from BestBuy or Amazon.com letting them know they have sold out of all their DVD sets of “Noah’s Arc”.
Remember Love,
Mark

D.Rabbit

Post by D.Rabbit » Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:12 am

That's great news Mark, only I'm suffering from Pooky with drawl. It's been almost years since I saw him on the tube, not counting re runs of Andromeda.

Like my new avatar? That's as close as I've gotten to the man since he left Y & R. Not that I miss him on that droll show, it's just that I miss him.

I guess June isn't too far off after waiting this long of a wait.

Have you got the email addy for Logo, so don't have to wait for ever for the pages to load up?
Unconditional Love is all you need.

Osiris Under Glass

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:36 pm

*Ashanti makes a note on her diary*

Hi Mark!

Thank you so much for passing on the news of 'NA' S2 to us, I'll be counting the days till June. :D

As for S3; I'll be sure to email LOGO to let them know how much a S3 of this lovely show is needed - hope it works. :wink:

Anyway, how are you my friend? Is life treating you well? I hope so...please keep us posted on anything new with you, ok?!

Blessings,
A.
What does it profit a man to gain the world and loose his soul. If you don't know where you're coming from, you don't know where you're heading. Past, present and future.

sprinkles

Post by sprinkles » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:23 pm

I think I have flooded their E-mail already hehe. I need Season 3 to come back real soon. Thanks Mark

pensive

noah\'s arc

Post by pensive » Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:16 am

removed
Last edited by pensive on Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

mancheeks64

Post by mancheeks64 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:43 am

Here's some sad news guys:

Urban Cancellations
"NOAH'S ARC"

Photo of cast of Noah's Arc

There may be no third season of hit black gay TV show from LOGO. "Noah's Arc" has either been cancelled or the LOGO Network is considering cancelling the series. The official decision is still somewhat vague.

The owning network, MTV, did not issue a reason for cancelling the series, other than they thought it had limited appeal. Despite popularity among SGL African-American audiences, the show did suffer from low ratings and unfavorable reviews from critics.

Online petition to bring the show:
http://www.thepetit ionsite.com/ takeaction/ 759814322? ltl=1169597293

How the hell do they know who the "limited appeal" is??? Do they see the mixed races of people who keep the weekly Noah's Arc parties going? I sure as hell don't remember filling out a survey about the show. MTV boy, I tell ya. If they aren't the most racist network. Janet now Noah's Arc.

Mark
Remember Love,
Mark

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:23 pm

OMG!!! That's not good news at all Mark. :shock:

I was truly shocked to read MTV might not give LOGO the go ahead to do S3...what are they thinking? Are they stupid or what??
I mean, this is right up there alongside what Tribune did to Tyr and Drom after S2. :dry: Down right WRONG!!!!!

Anyhow, I've signed the petition and told a couple of friends about it too, fingers crossed they'll sign it as well - thanx bro for posting the link and lets hope the cancellation doesn't really go ahead.

A.
What does it profit a man to gain the world and loose his soul. If you don't know where you're coming from, you don't know where you're heading. Past, present and future.

pensive

misinformation.

Post by pensive » Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:54 pm

removed
Last edited by pensive on Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

pensive

On the Assumption...

Post by pensive » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:13 pm

removed
Last edited by pensive on Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

mancheeks64

Post by mancheeks64 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:18 am

Ok kiddies, I apparetly spoke or went off the deep end too soon about the cancellation of Noah's Arc. Now shit, they know how I am about my Noah's Arc......don't play with me. Now, there are different outcomes circulating around the net. So, to keep you abreast, here is the latest:

NOAH'S ARC- OFFICIAL LOGO PRESS RELEASE
Current mood: excited
Category: Movies, TV, Celebrities

For all of you who've been patiently and not-so-patiently waiting for word on the fate of NOAH'S ARC, Logo released the following press release today. Needless to say, I am very excited and hope you will be too...
Patrik-Ian Polk

NOAH'S ARC TO LEAP TO BIG SCREEN AS LOGO'S FIRST THEATRICAL FILM PRODUCTION

Full-length feature based on hit series about four gay African-American friends scheduled for 2008 release

NEW YORK, NY – January 24, 2007 – Logo, a division of Viacom Inc.'s (NYSE: VIA and VIA.B) MTV Networks, today announced that it plans to bring Noah's Arc, its hit flagship series about four AfricanAmerican gay friends in Los Angeles to the silver screen in 2008 as Logo's first original theatrical film.

Noah's Arc will join Sex and the City, Star Trek and The Simpsons as yet another fan-driven series finding a home at the multiplex, opening the door to greater storytelling depth, expanded creative opportunities and new audiences. Currently in development, the film is expected to pick up after the show's second season cliffhanger finale and continue with an even bolder and provocative storyline. The film will leave the door open for sequels, additional television seasons and specials. The series is created by and executive produced by Patrik-Ian Polk and his Tall Skinny Black Boy Productions.

"Noah's Arc has one of the most intensely loyal fan bases in television and we're thrilled to harness the power of film to let Patrik-Ian Polk continue the story he has so skillfully woven," said Brian Graden, President, Entertainment, MTV Networks Music Group, and President, Logo. "Noah's Arc has so many dimensions and possibilities, so advancing to the feature film format is an exciting way to motivate our loyal fans and engage an even wider audience."

Logo's most popular series, season one of Noah's Arc premiered in October 2005, just months after the launch of the network and season two premiered in August 2006. The show, which became the first television series about LGBT people of color, follows the lives and loves of four African-American gay men looking for love and signs of intelligent life in Los Angeles: Noah (Darryl Stephens), Chance (Doug Spearman), Alex (Rodney Chester) and Ricky (Christian Vincent).

"I began this series as a straight-to-DVD project, and Logo gave us a home as its flagship scripted series. And now we're taking it to the big screen!" said Polk. "Never in my wildest dreams could I have imagined this little independent show in movie theatres! Hats off to MTV Networks and Logo for believing in us enough to take Noah to that next level."

Polk is expected to share producing duties on the Noah's Arc film with series co-executive producer Carol Ann Shine. He made his feature film debut with the independent feature Punks, which premiered at the 2000 Sundance Film Festival and went on to receive an Independent Spirit Award nomination for Best Lowbudget Feature.

Although Noah's Arc will be Logo's first original theatrical film release, Logo content is available on every viewing platform available including LOGOonline.com, which houses the world's largest library of LGBT ad-supported streaming video, wireless devices from Amp'd and Sprint and download-to-own services including iTunes, AOL Video and Amazon UnBox as well as podcasts and DVD.

ABOUT LOGO: Logo is the ad-supported network targeting lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) viewers, launched by MTV Networks. The network launched June 30, 2005 with more than one thousand hours of content and has approximately 20 million subscribers across the United States. Logo provides LGBT audiences with a place where they can see themselves and be themselves through a mix of original and acquired entertainment programming that is authentic, smart and inclusive. Logo joins Viacom's roster of popular and highly targeted cable networks which includes MTV, Comedy Central, BET and Spike TV.
Remember Love,
Mark

pensive

Surprise

Post by pensive » Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:10 am

removed
Last edited by pensive on Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:34 pm

Thanks Mark, this is REALLY great news to read...of course untill filming gets on the way, or at least a few more sources confirm the rumour to be true, I'll be worried it's all a dream - but hey, dreaming is good? Right?? :wink:

My fingers and toes are now crossed!! :D

pensive

But Not KHC

Post by pensive » Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:55 pm

removed[/quote]
Last edited by pensive on Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

D.Rabbit

Post by D.Rabbit » Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:18 pm

Pensive, please edit your post to say it's your conjecture.
Stating things as facts is not acceptable.
Welcome to the board BTW. :balloons1:

It would be great if Keith did the movie. Pooky did mention that he was disappointed over his not taking the part Polk offered him in, Punks, (don't read that last line out loud or you are going to need a napkin) because Polk allows his actors latitude to develop their characters, and that is just the type of work KHC drools over!

If he does not take part in the movie I will be most curious to hear why.

Thanks Mark for posting the information and the link.
Unconditional Love is all you need.

Osiris Under Glass

pensive

Not a Conjecture

Post by pensive » Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:40 pm

removed
Last edited by pensive on Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.