KHC New Project!!! (Cuttin' Up!)

Discussion about all the stuff Keith has worked on,
along with what he will work on in the future

Moderators: D.Rabbit, Ashanti, Karin, mancheeks64

Ashanti

KHC New Project!!! (Cuttin' Up!)

Post by Ashanti » Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:54 pm

I was just checking KHC's site and nearly fainted!!!!!!! :shock:

Finally our Actor Fella has a new project in the works; he'll be appearing in the role of Andre in the play Cuttin' Up based on the book by Craig Marberry Cuttin' Up: Wit and Wisdom Inside Black Barbershops at the Alliance Theatre in Atlanta, Georgia from Apr 11 to May 13, 2007.

Here is a short synopsis:
A chronicle of African-American men in a barbershop in Washington D.C., based on the book, Cuttin’ Up: Wit and Wisdom Inside Black Barbershops by Craig Marberry (the author of Crowns).
From new fades to dreadlocks, from old men to young, all men come to the barbershop to get a haircut and share their stories. The play is set in a barbershop manned by three barbers: Howard, the elder statesmen; Andre, a talented barber who moves cities and shops every couple of years; and Rudy, the young barber who cuts the hair of the children and has a lot to learn. Through real customers and the barbers’ memories, we see haircuts at all phases of life, as a rite of passage, the beginning of celebrations, and a source of pride.
More info and the link to it can be found on Keith's website itself.

Blessings,
A.

sprinkles

Post by sprinkles » Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:38 pm

Lol!!! I thought this was a april fools joke hehe

:present: Owww I am so excited girlfriend a dream com true. Oh yeah I have got to make plans hehe

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Post by mare_serenitatis » Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:25 pm

playing a barber after getting his beautiful long hair shorn off - now, if that doesn't prove that life has a sense of humour... :mrgreen:
War doesn't decide who is right. It only decides who is left.

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:54 pm

^^^
Oh my, how true is that, huh?! :rolleyes:

Still, I think it will be really cool to see him in a live play....yeah Sprinkles, lets go make some plans. LOL!!
What does it profit a man to gain the world and loose his soul. If you don't know where you're coming from, you don't know where you're heading. Past, present and future.

Cyowari

Post by Cyowari » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:53 am

What a relief to hear from him again! I hope going back to the (theatrical) roots will do him good.
Well, I could make plans as much as I want but I simply cannot afford to go to Atlanta at such short notice. But I'll surely send flowers for the first night.
Now you see, dear friends, how modest you may become, if you're starved for a while ...

From the theatre's page I realize this play must be with a lot of music! Who would have thought ..?
Then up he rose, and donn'd his clothes, / And dupp'd the chamber-door;
Let in the maid, that out a maid / Never departed more.
Hamlet, Act IV, Sc. V

D.Rabbit

Post by D.Rabbit » Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:00 am

Wouldn't you know, I spend over 24 hours trying to make my ISP aware that the server I was not connecting to was better used as a boat anchor, they finally hooked me into another server, now I'm a day late.

Not going to say why I figured KHC was in Atlanta, but this is a nice surprise!

Nope, won't be going, not that I can't aford it, but I have work to do, why could he not do this during black fly season in June, when I take one of my annual vacations?

Sounds like an interesting play, and D. of the Dew would want front row center seats.
You know how snippy she is.

What a treat to see something other then that vat of wine on his web site.
He should have used this pic!
It's about time Pooky. Good Bear. Image
Unconditional Love is all you need.

Osiris Under Glass

Cyowari

Post by Cyowari » Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:53 am

Did you see the schedule?
April 11 – May 13
Show Time: Tuesday - Friday 8:00 pm
Saturday 2:30 pm & 8:00 pm
Sunday 2:30 & 7:30 pm
That's a tough nut to crack! And until the first night rehearsals, rehearsals, rehearsals ...
When we are thinking of our champion we will know exactly where to send our positive thoughts and good wishes. He's alive and being an actor and that's what he IS.
Good fortune, Keith!
Hamlet, Act IV, Sc. V

D.Rabbit

Post by D.Rabbit » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:13 pm

Been there done that, and I was only a child, so it's not that tough a nut to crack when it's a job that you love.
Keith is very professional when it comes to remembering his lines, and blocking, it's a natural talent, so he really doesn't need to be at all the rehearsals. I'm betting that there where times he butt heads with the director?

I bumped this thread over at Exisle and it looks like it's starting to turn into a place to hook up with others who want to see the show.

If your not a member of Exisle let me know and I will see if I can expedite the long wait to join it. No promises, but I can at least post for you.

Cyowari

Post by Cyowari » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:10 am

You can subscribe to The Alliance Theatre's newsletter. The latest shows a nice pic ...
Hamlet, Act IV, Sc. V

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Post by mare_serenitatis » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:53 pm

Great work, D - you're the best cyber-barber ever :thumbup:
War doesn't decide who is right. It only decides who is left.

Cyowari

Post by Cyowari » Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:32 pm

Hamlet, Act IV, Sc. V

D.Rabbit

Post by D.Rabbit » Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:03 pm

Thanks C.
Great Sleuthing!
Cool they where researching their work together.
Unconditional Love is all you need.

Osiris Under Glass

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:25 pm

Thanks for posting the link C. :D

I agree with D., it is pretty cool they were doing research work for their roles and...very Keith, I'd say too. :wink: We know from past experience that he's quite thorough when creating a new character, I guess this reiterates it even more.
What does it profit a man to gain the world and loose his soul. If you don't know where you're coming from, you don't know where you're heading. Past, present and future.

Cyowari

Post by Cyowari » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:31 am

In Germany theatre people believe it means a bad omen to wish you good luck before the curtain goes up. So you (fake to) spit over their left shoulder and say "Toi toi toi" (which means something like "knock on wood").
So you know what to do with your fingers and your spit tomorrow night!
Hamlet, Act IV, Sc. V

D.Rabbit

Post by D.Rabbit » Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:22 pm

Maybe you folks who don't live alone should warn your family members of an impending spit shower!?

In the past I've said to Keith to break a leg on opening night, but people keep asking me, "Who's leg?" As long as it isn't mine......

It's all a silly superstiton... I wonder if you can say, "Knock 'em dead!" and get away with it?
Last edited by D.Rabbit on Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.