KHC New Project!!! (Cuttin' Up!)

Discussion about all the stuff Keith has worked on,
along with what he will work on in the future

Moderators: D.Rabbit, Ashanti, Karin, mancheeks64

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:52 pm

D.Rabbit wrote:Maybe you folks who don't live alone should warn your family members of an impending spit shower!?
ROTFLMAO :lol: :lol: :lol:
It's all a silly superstiton... I wonder if you can say, "Knock 'em dead!" and get away with it?
I agree, it is a bit of a silly superstition, still I guess, would be alright to say to knock'em dead!!
As far as I'm concerned, so long as the show is a major success, it's all good. :wink:
What does it profit a man to gain the world and loose his soul. If you don't know where you're coming from, you don't know where you're heading. Past, present and future.

Cyowari

Post by Cyowari » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:20 am

Theatre people are so superstitious ...
- you may not quote a text from 'Macbeth' on a stage (if the play is not 'Macbeth')
- you may not open an umbrella on an stage (if it's not in the play)
- you may not whistle on an stage (if it's not in the play)
... that all and more are bad omens.
Then up he rose, and donn'd his clothes, / And dupp'd the chamber-door;
Let in the maid, that out a maid / Never departed more.
Hamlet, Act IV, Sc. V

D.Rabbit

Post by D.Rabbit » Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:34 pm

Heads up folks there is a picture of Keith in the show,
here
Amazing he's wearing a...see for yourself!
Unconditional Love is all you need.

Osiris Under Glass

D.Rabbit

Post by D.Rabbit » Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:00 am

For those who are not in the web ring, Roz left this link to a review of the show? I'm not exactly sure what to call this page of information.

Please note that the director and the actor that are gay are said to be gay, but it's still a secret as whether KHC is, or is not. So no jumping to conclusions folks.

Why am I not surprised at this type of wording? Or is that working the crowd from both sides of the fence?

Osiris Under Glass

Cyowari

Post by Cyowari » Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:29 pm

D.Rabbit wrote:For those who are not in the web ring, Roz left this link to a review of the show? I'm not exactly sure what to call this page of information.

Please note that the director and the actor that are gay are said to be gay, but it's still a secret as whether KHC is, or is not. So no jumping to conclusions folks.

Why am I not surprised at this type of wording? Or is that working the crowd from both sides of the fence?
Southern Voice Online definetely is a gay/lesbian medium. So they are particularly interested in the gay aspects of their news ...
I had hoped this unfortunate discussion about Keith's sexual habits was done with!
Do you really think it matters? If you knew the answer, would it change you feelings or attitude towards Keith? If it wouldn't - why ask!? If it would, think about it again ...
Hamlet, Act IV, Sc. V

Cyowari

Post by Cyowari » Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:05 pm

The foresighted people of Georgia in 1832 knew how to prepare for the theatrical event of this century:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cobb_County,_Georgia
Hamlet, Act IV, Sc. V

D.Rabbit

Post by D.Rabbit » Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:50 pm

Cyowari wrote:
D.Rabbit wrote:For those who are not in the web ring, Roz left this link to a review of the show? I'm not exactly sure what to call this page of information.

Southern Voice Online definetely is a gay/lesbian medium. So they are particularly interested in the gay aspects of their news ...
I had hoped this unfortunate discussion about Keith's sexual habits was done with!
Do you really think it matters? If you knew the answer, would it change you feelings or attitude towards Keith? If it wouldn't - why ask!? If it would, think about it again ...
I can't tell if you are addressing me or the general viewing audience, my comment was directed at the homophobics that have proven in the past to be rather militant.

There is still a stigma attached to being homosexual, it might, even though it should not, limit Keith's career options, if the ascertains of the article where viewed as true. The article does not come out and say that Keith is gay, but they lump him into the scenario, due to past employment, giving the impression that he is gay.

It does not matter either way to me, I'm still here even though it was finally made clear to me by events over the past 6 years why I am.
I'm a friend. As a friend I accept him for who he is without judgment or the need to know his intimate details.
What I am judging, is the way the article was written.

BTW Ashanti pointed out to me that there are 4 more pictures of Keith in Cuttin' Up, HERE!

sprinkles

Post by sprinkles » Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:29 pm

Oh thanks for the info and the pix's I want to see this play badly

Lea

Post by Lea » Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:29 pm

Roz will see Keith today and she promised to remind Keith our message board too ;) That's why I started the 'ask Keith' thread ;)

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:18 pm

D.Rabbit wrote:It does not matter either way to me, I'm still here even though it was finally made clear to me by events over the past 6 years why I am.
I'm a friend. As a friend I accept him for who he is without judgment or the need to know his intimate details.
What I am judging, is the way the article was written.
*Ashanti gives D a standing ovation*

My friend, I couldn't have said it better myself!!!
How I wish all fans would see things the way you, me and a few others do, regarding this blessed argument of sexual preferences and orientation...who knows, maybe one day other people too will finally see the light.
As for the article; yeah, I didn't appreciate the way it was written neither, but what can you do? Hopefully the readers will not put 2 and 2 together and come up with 7! :shock:
BTW Ashanti pointed out to me that there are 4 more pictures of Keith in Cuttin' Up, HERE!
About the pics; thanks for posting the link, sorry I should've done it myself, but it kinda skipped my mind!

Blessings,
A.
What does it profit a man to gain the world and loose his soul. If you don't know where you're coming from, you don't know where you're heading. Past, present and future.

Cyowari

Post by Cyowari » Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:10 pm

Hamlet, Act IV, Sc. V

D.Rabbit

Post by D.Rabbit » Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:04 pm

Thank you so much for the link to the review C.
I've been so busy that I even had to put my read through on hold this morning as yet another person dropped by to spirit me away.

Cyowari

Post by Cyowari » Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:34 am

... and here comes another useful link:
http://alliancetheatre.blogs.com/allian ... index.html
Hamlet, Act IV, Sc. V

Cyowari

Post by Cyowari » Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:07 am

I've got difficulties editing my last post, so I'll write another one:
To my regret these blog writers put the main emphasis on the play itself. We learn a lot about that but we read little about the actors (and I mean ALL of the actors: our hero and his colleagues) and their performances.
[It often happens if you ask someone about a play or a movie they tell you the story. But that is only part of the work (of art). Like with a crime story I not just want to know "What happened?". I also want to know "Who did it?", "How did he/she do it?", "Why did he/she do it?"]
Hamlet, Act IV, Sc. V

D.Rabbit

Post by D.Rabbit » Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:23 am

That was an interesting read, it almost takes you right into the theatre.
Thanks for the link C. Your a blessing.

Osiris Under Glass