Roz's Play Review (Cuttin" Up) 4/15/07

Discussion about all the stuff Keith has worked on,
along with what he will work on in the future

Moderators: D.Rabbit, Ashanti, Karin, mancheeks64

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Post by mare_serenitatis » Thu May 17, 2007 7:06 pm

LOL that reminds me of the Fanfic on Slipstream where Cuddlystuff, Greeneyes and I kidnapped Tyr. It was pretty hilarious. Maybe I have a backup of it somewhere.
War doesn't decide who is right. It only decides who is left.

D.Rabbit

Post by D.Rabbit » Fri May 18, 2007 4:45 am

Is that the one where I came in on the end?
Yeah where is that gal?
I'm sure she's back home cradling the little one, but ya never know for sure, she might have had an open ticket.....to paradise.
Unconditional Love is all you need.

Osiris Under Glass

IrisD
Site Admin

Post by IrisD » Fri May 18, 2007 5:22 am

What does not kill me, makes me stronger.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Fri May 18, 2007 4:18 pm

....Yeah, an open ticket to paradise sounds right enough, D!!! :lol:

Hi everybody,

just got back a few hours ago and I'm very tired after travelling throughout the night, so if you Ladies don't mind, I'll leave the more detailed report for tomorrow when I'm a little more aware of my surroundings and of what I'm actually writing about. LOL!!!
As a little teaser though, I can tell you that yes I DID meet Keith face to face and chatted a bit with him...I'm guessing that's enough to at least satisfy some of your coriousity on the subject, as I said, more details tomorrow.

Blessings to you all,
A
What does it profit a man to gain the world and loose his soul. If you don't know where you're coming from, you don't know where you're heading. Past, present and future.

D.Rabbit

Post by D.Rabbit » Fri May 18, 2007 4:23 pm

Good to hear you made it home safe.
I know it's going to take you a while to write up your review, after all, you owe Sprinkles and she's got the whip!

When ever your ready, is great with me.

sprinkles

Post by sprinkles » Fri May 18, 2007 11:14 pm

:drool: Yeah woman get back here before I have to use my whip.. We want details from beginning to end, :rolleyes: You should have slept on the plane ride, hehe I know mini tyr is glad to se mummy. So now that your all rested how was papa tyr, still delicous or what :popcorn: I'm waiting my Sister, hehe :wink: Welcome back you were missed :bighug:

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Post by mare_serenitatis » Sun May 20, 2007 3:11 pm

cool smilie, Iris!

:worthless:
War doesn't decide who is right. It only decides who is left.

sprinkles

Post by sprinkles » Sun May 20, 2007 7:14 pm

She can not possibilly still jetlagged Lol!! can she?

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Sun May 20, 2007 11:28 pm

^^^
No, not still jetlagged sis, simply on cloud nine!!! :lol:

Hi again everybody. :yaya:
Like I said the other day, I'm back safe and sound from my holiday thank goodness...and with a few things to report.
First of; the play was absolutely great, I truly wish all of you could have been there to watch it!!
It indeed made the audience laugh, cry and bounce about in their seats.
Since others have already reviewed it, I don’t think you guys expect me to do so too, but if you’re interested in knowing just how good our Actor Fella was on stage…HE WAS UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!
Everybody should have, at least once, the opportunity to see him working live cause that’s his natural element and it definitely shows.

As for meeting him in person (which is what, I’m sure, you’re all mainly interested in reading about) first and foremost I want to stress what a lovely human being KHC truly is.
Always prepared to talk to a fan and share his time, even when is obvious there are more important things he should be doing instead of hanging around with you, yet he still does!
I don’t know, is difficult to explain if you’re not there to experience it, but you ladies can trust me when I tell you that not many celebs would interact with a fan the way he does; graciously, friendly and just like any other regular person would.

In the end I didn’t get the chance to go backstage (that’s why unfortunately I don’t have pics to share with you) but instead, we met in the Theater’s lobby on Friday afternoon when I went to collect my tickets from the Box Office.
I was going out and he was coming in to attend a rehearsal session.
You can imagine my surprise and delight at seeing him there, but also the slight disappointment at the fact, I didn’t have my camera or the scrapbook I usually collect his autographs on, with me…I was going to bring them to the evening show and then attempt to meet him after that, but I guess life never goes according to plan, so...
Anyhow, not to worry, it was Keith to the rescue!
Luckily (for me) he had brought along his copy of the script which in the end, very kindly, signed and gave to me as a gift.
On the front of it he wrote; ‘There’s a page missing from this cobbled together draft of the script, I needed it. But the rest of it, I’m happy to leave to your care.
Thank you for being genuine, intelligent and down-to-earth. Mostly, thank you for being you. Blessed be!’

Before that though, we had a chance to talk a little about different things.

Firstly I passed on the ‘Hello’ from former KHCMBers who had asked me to do so.
He was happy to receive it and to hear that most of us are still keeping in touch with each other and have forged long term friendships thanks to his Board even though that‘s gone now.
After that, I asked him what all of us are dying to know; what are his work plans for the immediate future.
Here I was given permission to quote him word for word. He said; “A gipsy actor like myself, never knows what is going to be doing next!”
I replied I was glad I could quote him, cause I know it wouldn’t be that easy to placate people’s curiosity when it comes to knowing how long is gonna be before we get to see him work again - still, IMHO, the main thing is that he’s happy (which he seemed to be at that moment) and being an actor even though the next venue where to show his great talent, isn‘t decided yet.
We also talked a bit about fan fiction and the fact a lot of fans (me included) find great inspiration in the work he did in Drom, though not thanks to TPTB.
Again, he was happy to hear that and asked what we write about, to which I replied, that it varies greatly from author to author and if he wanted to know more, he simply would have to visit the various MBs and read the masterpieces for himself.

And talking about Tyr and the ignominious S4 2-parter; he revealed another thing which might have contributed to some of the fans noticing his slightly unusual behavior in those eps…well, the poor man had injured his back and said he could hardly stand up straight during filming, yet he was under contract to do those eps and so he bravely went ahead with it.
Apparently TPTB weren’t sympatric at all to his condition, so much so that like we all saw, he still had to do the fighting scene with Rhade in ‘Vortex’ even with a bad back.
Again, and at the risk of incurring into someone’s wrath, I have to say that I’m really glad he left the show when he did thereby stopping his association with those ungrateful uncompromisingly inferior sorry sacks of mediocrity at Tribune Entertainment.
If the dedication to your work can’t be appreciated, not even in the face of physical discomfort, then is better to simply cut bridges forever and be over and done with it…just my two cents worth of course!!
Another thing we talked about, was the famous ‘Ronin business’.
Some of you may remember the uncertainty surrounding the rumor that he had turned down that role in Stargate Atlantis to instead do Noah’s Arc…well, right from the horse’s mouth I heard; that Keith was NEVER offered that specific role, and not only that, nothing else ever came from the Stargate Franchise.
So much so, that he made me laugh when he reenacted the conversation between himself and Osiris when this rumor started.

Osiris: “Who’s Ronin?”
Keith: “I don’t know!”
Keith to Ashanti: “Who’s Ronin?”

Well, I am no expect cause I don’t follow SG Atlantis near as much as I did the original SG, but I was still able to shine some light on this confusing subject…at least enough for him to finally understand who the character was and to categorically say, nothing of the sort was ever offered to him.
We also talked a bit about what’s going on in my life lately, but that I’m positive, nobody cares about hearing nearly as much as what may be going on in his…so, I won’t delve into the subject at this time.
I asked him about Savoy Brown, Keith said he was alright.
After a good half an hour, I felt like it was time to release him back to his busy schedule knowing full well the nice person that he is, he wouldn’t have said that he had to go himself not to be impolite towards a lady.
After giving me the script, he thanked me for once again taking the time to travel such a long way to go see him work (which is something all actors should be grateful about, his words not mine) then gave me a kiss on the cheek and a nice Kodiak bear hug!!! *Giggles like a school girl*
Told me to enjoy the show, though he didn’t think it was perhaps good enough to be watched more than once.
To which I replied, I very much doubted it wasn’t, especially after reading the stellar reviews.

Well, this was my experience in Atlanta; of course you ladies can ask me question cause I’m sure if you do, I may remember more details I probably wouldn’t otherwise.
Then of course, there is the other part of my little holiday in Kansas, but again I’m sure no one is really interested in hearing about that…and understandably so!
Anyhoo, this is it, I hope it's satisfactory enough for you! :wink:

Blessings,
A.
What does it profit a man to gain the world and loose his soul. If you don't know where you're coming from, you don't know where you're heading. Past, present and future.

IrisD
Site Admin

Post by IrisD » Mon May 21, 2007 5:26 am

*sigh*

You are so lucky....

I'll never have the chance to go to Atlanta, so I fear I'll never have the chance to see him face to face again....
:(
What does not kill me, makes me stronger.
Friedrich Nietzsche

D.Rabbit

Post by D.Rabbit » Mon May 21, 2007 6:48 am

Thanks for your post Ashanti, but no pictures....Boo Hoo. Maybe next time.

So what was he wearing? What hair does he have on his face at the moment? Just a little more detail to bring us into your picture less post please.
‘There’s a page missing from this cobbled together draft of the script,
Why do I get the feeling that calling us as a group, "The Cobblers" is now a done deal?

Cyowari

Post by Cyowari » Mon May 21, 2007 9:19 am

Thank you for the lively report!
Ashanti wrote:Another thing we talked about, was the famous ‘Ronin business’.
Sorry to contradict you there, but I think the name of that piece of cake is Ronan. A ronin was a Japanese samurai who had lost his feudal lord and roamed the country living like a brigand until he found a new master. This fate resembles the Ronan-role in Stargate Atlantis, and from the beginning of S2 I thought naming him Ronan was a very unimaginative thing.
Then up he rose, and donn'd his clothes, / And dupp'd the chamber-door;
Let in the maid, that out a maid / Never departed more.
Hamlet, Act IV, Sc. V

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Mon May 21, 2007 12:05 pm

^^^
You're probably right C, it is Ronan with an a, sorry my bad but in my defence I said I wasn't all that clued up on SG Atlantis.
Anyhow, I thought it was good to have the romour finally clarified one way or the other!

As for D's questions; when we met, he was wearing light brown slacks and jumper. His facial hair were like the pics Roz posted, no goatee unfortunately, DRATZ!!! (sorry but I have a bit of a soft spot for that)
And now you can see a little gray on his temples as well as on the moustache...I found it very nice and distinguished, also thought it was great to see that an actor doesn't really mind showing some gray in a business where more oftend than not, there is a great ammount of pressure to look young at all costs.
Well, our Actor Fella looks very young for his age, but in a natural way, not Hollywood style i.e. the wind-tunnel version of young looking!!! :shock:
Why do I get the feeling that calling us as a group, "The Cobblers" is now a done deal?
Hehehe, I know what you mean!! :wink:

sprinkles

Post by sprinkles » Mon May 21, 2007 3:00 pm

Why D ole gal, hehe I think you've hit the nail on the head. A while back we were thinking of new name to call ourselves and by george I like it

:present: ]"The Cobblers

I think that says it all. :wink:

D.Rabbit

Post by D.Rabbit » Mon May 21, 2007 4:03 pm

You should know through my collective type mind that has an eye on continuity, through years of keeping diaries for checking dates and times, and having memory banks that are unlimited that I can pretty much catch most of what Keith writes between the lines.

He's a very clearer fellow, it's what appeals to me the most about him. Any other person would say, yeah I like that name. Not Keith, it's always a riddle with him. He knew that Ashanti was bound by friendship to report what he wrote on the script, and he has almost always chosen his words most carefully.

Or maybe I just have a bad enough case of over thinking to admit me into OAA, Over Analysis Anonymous.

Thanks Ashanti for the visual.
I like Keith's chin hair too, but he has such a fantastic jaw line I suspect that he himself is torn from changing back and forth to please everyone.

Don't get this old gal started on his grey hair, your going to have to tie me down if you do. There are plenty of parts for Alfa males, more so then young studs. You combine and Alfa male that looks studly and It's hard to fathom why Keith is not working more.

I'm happy he is back in his element, perhaps there will be a lot more chances to meet him in RL this way?