along with what he will work on in the future

Moderators: D.Rabbit, Ashanti, Karin, mancheeks64

sprinkles

Post by sprinkles » Sat May 26, 2007 10:49 pm

hehehehehe I know what you meant hehehehe

D.Rabbit

Post by D.Rabbit » Sun May 27, 2007 4:53 am

Ashanti wrote:
D.Rabbit wrote:What do you mean maybe next time?.
I meant, that maybe next time I see him, his shirt will be tucked in his pants and I'll be able to see what belt he's wearing!!...What do you thought I meant?? :wink:
What ever it was, it was wishful thinking. :P

Of all the pictures of Keith, how may can you list where he has his shirt tucked in? 2 maybe? That was my biggest gripe about his wardrobe on Y and R. I don't care how sensitive he is, I wanted to see the south side of a north bound Keith and it was always covered in a shirt tale. Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

I can't find the thread where we where discussing season 4 of Drom, it might be this one, I watched the show to night. The question of whether he shot the blind profit?

He didn't he was shooting at Dylan and she jumped in front of Dylan. It was Rade who was trying to demoralize Tyr in there fight scene who said he shot her.

C. I took a few liberties and merged your posts, I hope that is okay with you?
Unconditional Love is all you need.

Osiris Under Glass

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Sun May 27, 2007 11:51 pm

D.Rabbit wrote:What ever it was, it was wishful thinking. :P

Of all the pictures of Keith, how may can you list where he has his shirt tucked in? 2 maybe?
Actually, I've got a few pics of him with his shirt tucked in, but I know what you mean about the Y&R days!
He didn't he was shooting at Dylan and she jumped in front of Dylan. It was Rade who was trying to demoralize Tyr in there fight scene who said he shot her.
Yeah, I totally agree with your assesment of the S4 2-parter...if the woman is stupid enough to jump in front of Captain Terrific and die for him, more fool her! :twisted:
Last edited by Ashanti on Tue May 29, 2007 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What does it profit a man to gain the world and loose his soul. If you don't know where you're coming from, you don't know where you're heading. Past, present and future.

Cyowari

Post by Cyowari » Tue May 29, 2007 9:47 am

Ashanti wrote: As for the belt buckle; I'm with you D, I've always thought it was more Pan than a lion...
I would rather vote for lion. (No offence ment!)
Then up he rose, and donn'd his clothes, / And dupp'd the chamber-door;
Let in the maid, that out a maid / Never departed more.
Hamlet, Act IV, Sc. V

D.Rabbit

Post by D.Rabbit » Tue May 29, 2007 2:08 pm

No offense taken.

I say Pan because though it has never been made public, we have often suspected Keith to be prone to view the Wiccan faith as a concept that he would embrace. The reason being that he signs with, "Blessed Be" a Wiccan salutation. Pan is the ruler of the Elementals, and the Wiccan faith is reported to commune with them, the original inhabitants of this planet and it's guardians.

It's quite possible that the big cat received the buckle from a friend while he still had that amazing mane of his, so it might also be a lion. It's not a discussion we can put to an end until we get lucky and view a better shot of it, or he tells it like it is.

Knowing our charming Keith, on a voyeuristic level, he will let us know in his own way.

Cyowari

Post by Cyowari » Wed May 30, 2007 10:17 am

D.Rabbit wrote: I say Pan because though it has never been made public, we have often suspected Keith to be prone to view the Wiccan faith as a concept that he would embrace. The reason being that he signs with, "Blessed Be" a Wiccan salutation. Pan is the ruler of the Elementals, and the Wiccan faith is reported to commune with them, the original inhabitants of this planet and it's guardians.
We've just discovered the reverse of panic-stricken terror: panic-stricken rapture.
Then up he rose, and donn'd his clothes, / And dupp'd the chamber-door;
Let in the maid, that out a maid / Never departed more.
Hamlet, Act IV, Sc. V

D.Rabbit

Post by D.Rabbit » Wed May 30, 2007 3:30 pm

That's very interesting way to look at it C.!
Historical speaking, it was the church that painted the devil to look like Pan and cause panic among the pagans. (<another don't say this line out loud unless you have tissue for your screen D. Consortium moment!)

Rapture? Yes in deed, a tactile encounter while examining the actual representation would tend to cause rapture! Or at the least, weak knees.

ladybug

Post by ladybug » Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:01 pm

I still think his belt is the Green Man.

www.stonecarver.com/greenman.html (pictures)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_man (pictues and info)
["...Celtic Deity..."-"rebirth or 'renaissance'"- William Anderson's Comments-"...he is the voice of inspiration to the aspirant and committed artist."-"...an inner mood..."-"the ability to work or experience with tireless enthusiasm beyond one's normal capacities.."-"In
Wicca the Green Man has often been used as a representative of the Horned God..of ancient Pagan God's such as the Celtic Cernunnos & the Greek Pan."

D.Rabbit

Post by D.Rabbit » Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:47 am

With the meaning of the name Keith, being that of a woodland sprite or spirit, it would make sense that the green man be what is depicted on the buckle, but the green man is also Pan so it appears we agree.

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:21 pm

Hi everyone. Here’s a blast from the past for you. Bet you never expected to hear from me again but I just couldn’t resist. I attended the May 12 - 8:00 o’clock showing of Cuttin’ Up in Atlanta Georgia. I wanted to relate the experience to you all since you are such big fans of Keith. I also want to tell you a little about the city of Atlanta itself. If you have never been, please try to get there. It’s lovely. I had a great time.

Roz did such a thorough job of reviewing the show that there is really very little for me to add so I will just relay my favorite scenes; here goes. The show was both hilarious and at times moving - wisdom mixed with laughter.

The story takes place in an African American barbershop. Three barbers representing three generations work there. Howard, the owner, very wise, acts as mentor and father figure to the other barbers Andre (played by Keith) and Rudy, the youngest of the three. The maid, the maiden, and the crone (the male version).

Andre is restless, always on the move. He cannot stay or commit because of he has a fear of being left. All of the women in his life, except for his third wife (he left her so as to avoid the pain of being left by her) have left him.
Andre’s first wife is a major singing star; when the young barber finds out that he was married to this superstar, he can’t believe it and wonders how and why he left such a “fione” woman. Andre said it was because he didn’t want to become Mr. ‘what’s her name’, (I forget). Flash back to the last meeting between Andre and the first wife (played by Marva Hicks). She asks him to come with her on the road; he declines. This was such a touching scene. I loved the way he just picked her up like she weighed nothing (which she doesn’t) and set her in the chair and they shared a kiss.

He comes to the barber shop and is hired by Howard. A relationship develops between the two men despite Andre’s efforts to keep his business private (doesn’t that just sound like someone we all know).

In one scene which I believe was a shout out to the soap fans in the audience, everyone in the shop stops what they are doing to watch their favorite soap opera. They are really into and all work stops as they try to catch up and discuss the storyline. When a lady enters the shop to watch, they stop watching and act uninterested (real men don’t watch soaps). She asks them what has happened so far in that day’s episode and they pretend like they weren’t paying attention.

The cast did such a wonderful job - everyone connected with the show did a great job. The set was perfect. I have been in barbershops here at home that look just like that. Right down to the pictures of the semi-buck naked women on the walls. I have to take my hat off to the actors who played multiple roles. Especially the sole female cast member Marva Hicks. She did a great job; she played the ex-wife singing star; Andre’s mother; the trophy girlfriend of the obnoxious rich guy customer who Andre ends up hooking up near the end; the single welfare mother who came in asking if she could bring her sons into the shop so that they could observe black men working in an honest trade; and in one scene she played a woman who wears her hair natural and in a low afro - she came in to the shop for a trim- the guys didn’t want to do it because they consider the look unfeminine (very political); the soap opera fan; and others. She was truly marvelous.

In another history and moral lesson, Howard and Andre talk to the young barber who is a fan of misogynistic rap and hip hop music about how the music is degrading to women and to black people. How blacks worked so hard to get ahead only to have people like these artists come along and try to tear down all the gains made (that’s my spin on it - I can’t remember the dialogue word for word - but this is the gist of it).

There was just so much. I loved every moment. I had really great seats also - orchestra row center. I was very close. I am glad that I bought my ticket online (I printed the ticket that I bought online for my niece right from my own home printer). I didn’t want to take a chance of coming all the way from another state only to find that the show was sold out. I left nothing to chance and the theater made it so easy. Just go the website and click, ticket secured. There was a very good turn out that night.

I made eye contact with our guy once or twice. Ladies, seeing him in person was quite an experience for me. He is not as tall as I thought that he would be. He’s extremely light skinned ( I thought that he would be darker) and not as - how should I put it - buff? I recognized him by his voice.

About a week before the play, I called the theater and spoke with a stage manager. I asked her if I could arrange a meeting with Mr. Cobb after the show; she said that she would ask and took my number. I never heard from her again. I called back and got some stupid recording about the theater hours and about them being closed on Friday afternoons. I mean who cares; the long and short of it is - I never spoke to a live person at that theater again. On the night of the play, I asked a guy who was in charge of the ushers how I could meet with Keith afterwards, he said that if I hadn’t arranged something in advance, there was no way. Well, I called and called but nothing. I was very mad, but I didn’t let it spoil what turned out to be a wonderful evening. I didn’t get to meet Keith.

Atlanta, Georgia. I arrived on May 11. It was a gorgeous sunshiny day, but very very hot. That didn’t deter my niece and I from going on a walk to check things out. I ended up getting a tan. All of the tourists were easy to spot. Everyone was in shorts and tanks and tee shirts. It was hot.
I love downtown. It’s full of shops and street vendors hawking their wares right on the side walk. We went to the underground which is a group of shops beneath the street level and had lunch and a look around. We got makeovers from some very nice, clean cut and industrious young people who were selling cosmetics. We bought t-shirts and other souvenirs and just sat and watched the people come and go. There was so much to do that we just didn’t have time to do it all. I wanted to go to the Martin Luther King, Jr., museum but didn’t get a chance to. My niece dragged me into some perfume emporium and we spent too much time there. We ended up doing what she wanted to do, which was shop. We were on foot and downtown, so shopping was really all that we could do. We are from a small town and not used to the traffic of a large city. When we arrived at the hotel, we parked our car and didn’t get into it again until it was time to go home. We took a taxi to and from the play. The rest of the time we walked. Do you know that they have a Shakespeare theatre downtown. I thought that he might hang out there while in town. It is just such a lively place; lively without being bustling. I loved it and hope to get back there soon.
Anyway, if any of you have any questions, I will be happy to answer them.

Stay sweet,
Stealthkitty

D.Rabbit

Post by D.Rabbit » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:00 am

:bounce: Thank you for our review SK. :bounce:
Well done!
Unconditional Love is all you need.

Osiris Under Glass

pensive

Post by pensive » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:17 am

I know she was in Atlanta.

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Post by mare_serenitatis » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:59 pm

{{{{{{{Stealthkitty}}}}}}} thanks for sharing with us :)
War doesn't decide who is right. It only decides who is left.

shione123

Your review---LOVE IT!!!

Post by shione123 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:12 am

Thanks, Roz. I love your narrative style.

Best wishes,

Shirley