CSI Miami

Discussion about all the stuff Keith has worked on,
along with what he will work on in the future

Moderators: D.Rabbit, Ashanti, Karin, mancheeks64

sprinkles

Post by sprinkles » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:13 pm

Okay I hate very much to throw a wet blanket on everyones fun and all but our former poster PENSIVE told me weeks ago about KHC being on CSI. I hinted about it to a few folks, I begged him to tell you folks and everyone else, but his reply to me was, what for they will never believe me or they will want proof of it so if I say something or not it wouldn't make a difference. He also stated to me if I wanted to give the info to do so. But I didn't think it was my place to do so. Sorry but this is how I felt. :cry:
I am sorry we lost a great person. I may have been the only one that thought so, but I am sad about that. Okay I'll go on my way you'll take care.

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:26 pm

Pickles wrote:What a crummy piece of web design at Keith's site. Who the heck is responsible for that piece of trash? :mad:

And that's all by design as far as I can tell.

Piece of **** web design. :mad:

Hope he didn't pay a lot of $$ to the web person.

Not that I have an opinion on it or anything. ;) :D
:lol: Nah Pickles, of course you don't have an opinion on it!!!! ROTF

Well, you know what my suggestion would be, that you and D. should take over the web designing part of thing, a few of us could moderate the MB...and everything would be back to normal. :wink:

Anyone sees a problem with that?

Ok then, now we need someone to go to NM and tell Keith that his fans are taking over the matter of his webpage, on Oct 13!! :D Any takers!!!
What does it profit a man to gain the world and loose his soul. If you don't know where you're coming from, you don't know where you're heading. Past, present and future.

D.Rabbit

Post by D.Rabbit » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:27 am

He doesn't even have any meta tags on the source page, that's so not right. Even I put a boat load of them on the Educational site I'm building for the community. I'm no great web mistress, but anyone worth their salt knows enough to meta tag up a site to draw the search engines or there is no point in having a site, unless you like to look at it yourself.

I like the quality of a png, but the size of this one should have been halved, with the text layered into the back ground to help it load faster.
Still it's impressive, a big man, a big png!

It appears there has been some editing going on Pickles, the page is back to the way I saw it yesterday, so chill Picklelypooh. ;)

I just finished reading through the source page, talk about over kill!
It's a simple background with a poster on it, a couple of links and enough code to cover ebay's homepage!

I had plans to take over that web site a while back, but I could not figure out his password to the site. The host addy is another guessing game.

It's his site if he want to mess around with it, that's his prerogative.

The closest fan to NM is Shoshona, maybe you should court her into chatting up the man, Ashanti?

Pickles

Post by Pickles » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:32 am

Meta-tags - some search engines will use some, some of them don't. Google no longer uses meta-tags. So that's not a biggy. ;)

I had a friend who is a professional web designer look at it for me, and she said it appears to have been put together in M$Word -- which is the absolute WORST way you can design a web site. M$Word added in all the stupid code.

The page doesn't validate, so that's another reason why some folks are having probs getting it to work.

I still can't get it to load properly in FF, Camino, Mozilla and a couple other browsers I have. It does load fine in Safari, a very old version of IE and in Omniweb.
It's his site if he want to mess around with it, that's his prerogative.
True, but it reflects on him -- so he should care. ;)

Cyowari

Post by Cyowari » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:56 am

What a silly fool I am
- being happy to find out about a new appearance of my favourite actor
- sharing this information with my fellow board members, believing that was what the board was created for
instead of
- dragging my prize to my lair
- gloating over my hidden treasure.
Then up he rose, and donn'd his clothes, / And dupp'd the chamber-door;
Let in the maid, that out a maid / Never departed more.
Hamlet, Act IV, Sc. V

D.Rabbit

Post by D.Rabbit » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:27 pm

I ran the code through Dreamweaver and it says it's cool, no broken code at least. Perhaps it's a set up for a....I don't know what.
True, but it reflects on him -- so he should care.
He does care, he cares very much, he has shown in the past that he is a perfectionist when it comes to his web site. If it's not exactly the way he wants it he does not publish.
What a silly fool I am
- being happy to find out about a new appearance of my favourite actor
- sharing this information with my fellow board members, believing that was what the board was created for
instead of
- dragging my prize to my lair
- gloating over my hidden treasure.
What fun would that be?
Not as if some of us don't check in regularly for surprises.
This way you get to be the harbinger of good news, which is way better then being the messenger that gets shot!

Ya should know that that picture in silhouette is tempting me to mess with it. Like pasting a picture over top, of his face with his tongue sticking out! As well as a few other not so family oriented......

Karin

Post by Karin » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:31 pm

Sprinkles,

I understand. I'm sorry you're sad.

Pickles

Post by Pickles » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:19 pm

D, were you looking for the .png?

http://keithhamiltoncobb.com/index_files/image002.png

Cyowari, you aren't a silly fool. We all appreciate the news. Some of us just are bent differently. ;)
Last edited by Pickles on Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pickles

Post by Pickles » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:24 pm

D.Rabbit wrote:I ran the code through Dreamweaver and it says it's cool, no broken code at least. Perhaps it's a set up for a....I don't know what.
Doesn't validate according to W3C.

Check here

shione123

Post by shione123 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:55 pm

Sprinkles,

Cheer up, hon. We're still here for you.

Taking over Keith's website in October?! I don't know if our favorite perfectionist will like that, but maybe if it was done in the right way, he may not mind.

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:51 am

^^^
Don't worry Shione, I'm not suggesting we should push our beloved Actor Fella to one side and take over his website by force, or anything :wink:
I was just thinking that if he's too busy to look after it, or make upgrades and the like, and if O. was not available to moderate the MB, us his fans wouldn't mind landing a helping hand - isn't after all, what an extended family is for? :D
The closest fan to NM is Shoshona, maybe you should court her into chatting up the man, Ashanti?
Well D. I don't even know if 'Shana *is* gonna be attending the event...no, is more likely that I'm gonna mentione it to him myself next time I see him.
Matter of fact, I was almost tempted to say something along those lines in Atlanta when the MB popped up in the conversatin, then we started talking about something else and the whole thing kinda went out of the window...never mind, will be for next time! :wink:
What does it profit a man to gain the world and loose his soul. If you don't know where you're coming from, you don't know where you're heading. Past, present and future.

D.Rabbit

Post by D.Rabbit » Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:57 am

Pickles wrote:
D.Rabbit wrote:I ran the code through Dreamweaver and it says it's cool, no broken code at least. Perhaps it's a set up for a....I don't know what.
Doesn't validate according to W3C.

Check here
EEP :eek:
That's a lot of no nos for one simple page.
I have lots of errors on my pages, I see them underlined in code view but as long as they look okay to me on line, I just ignore them. Me no let pesky protocol cause me frustration, life's too short.

Ashanti,
If Shana is out then there is always Lil who looks like she is interested in making an appearance in NM herself.

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:56 pm

D.Rabbit wrote:Ashanti,
If Shana is out then there is always Lil who looks like she is interested in making an appearance in NM herself.
Interesting that D, I thought Lil had gone back to being a Kevin Sorbo worshiper!! :wink:

Pickles

Post by Pickles » Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:33 am

D.Rabbit wrote:EEP :eek:
That's a lot of no nos for one simple page.
I have lots of errors on my pages, I see them underlined in code view but as long as they look okay to me on line, I just ignore them. Me no let pesky protocol cause me frustration, life's too short.
As long as those you want to view your pages can do so, and you're happy, then it's not a prob.

Some of our web pages pull errors, but they are minor and I let them ride. I'm not trying to attract the general public. ;)

D.Rabbit

Post by D.Rabbit » Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:43 am

Ashanti wrote:
D.Rabbit wrote:Ashanti,
Interesting that D, I thought Lil had gone back to being a Kevin Sorbo worshiper!! :wink:
Na if you check out her member's title at EI, she has the audacity to state that "Orpheus is mine!" Which is just Lil being silly, cause everyone knows that even if he won't admit it, Orpheus, is MINE!
Unconditional Love is all you need.

Osiris Under Glass