One more stage role for KHC.

Discussion about all the stuff Keith has worked on,
along with what he will work on in the future

Moderators: D.Rabbit, Ashanti, Karin, mancheeks64

Ashanti

One more stage role for KHC.

Post by Ashanti » Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:01 pm

If anyone was wondering if our elusive Mr Cobb is still alive and being an actor...the answer is definitely YES!!!!

He'll be starring in the play 'Jitney' by the Pulitzer Price-winning playwright August Wilson.
July 4th - 13th, 2008. Zilkha Hall at The Hobby Center, 800 Bagby St. Houston, TX.

Below is a short synopsis of the show, sounds interesting:
The first of Wilson’s 10 play cycle about the black experience in America…

It’s 1977 and Becker’s life like the world, is changing. His estranged son, Booster, jailed on a murder charge, is about to come home after 20 years. The office of his jitney (gypsy cab) station, like many areas of Pittsburgh’s Hill District neighborhood, is about to be torn down. What unfolds for Jim Becker and the rest of the seemingly nameless and faceless jitney drivers is “…the genius of a writer who made Kings of the common man and the worth of their stories legendary.”
Nominated for 5 NAACP Awards
For more helpful info go here...oh BTW, brace yourselves for the 70's look our man is sporting, is not exactly flattering!! :rolleyes:
There you'll also find the web addy of The Hobby Center for tickets booking and the like.
Enjoy! :D

PS ~ Even though there is nothing posted at his Official site about the new role yet, I think the Thread is okay in this Forum cause it includes an active web site addy where the info can be corroberated...all the same D. or Mare, if you'd like to move it to the Danger Zone Forum, feel free I don't mind. :D
What does it profit a man to gain the world and loose his soul. If you don't know where you're coming from, you don't know where you're heading. Past, present and future.

D.Rabbit

Post by D.Rabbit » Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:45 am

This is interesting news Ashanti, but I need you to lead me to the page where it say KHC is in the show. Because I can't find his name anywhere.
Unconditional Love is all you need.

Osiris Under Glass

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:46 pm

^^^
Well D. he's on the show's poster right next to James Avery, I think that's a bit of a clue as it is...if that's not enough though, you can check this clip at YouTube where one of the cast members is talking a little about the show.
If you click 'More Info' on the clip's description, you'll see his name clearly mentioned along with the rest of the cast.

Hope this helps! :wink:
What does it profit a man to gain the world and loose his soul. If you don't know where you're coming from, you don't know where you're heading. Past, present and future.

D.Rabbit

Post by D.Rabbit » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:32 pm

No, but I'm a bit under the weather which is hot and muggy, add a little food poisoning....
Here is the link to the cast... I still don't see Pooky.

I see his name at U-tube but that's the only evidence that he might be in the show. One would think with Keith's star power that he would at least be listed in the cast, don't you think?

The man standing next to Avery is too short to be Keith, unless the picture has been edited by someone who's not very good at it. He also has too much eyebrow to be Keith.

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:20 pm

Sorry to hear you're under the weather sis, hope you get better soon.
D.Rabbit wrote:The man standing next to Avery is too short to be Keith, unless the picture has been edited by someone who's not very good at it. He also has too much eyebrow to be Keith.
Don't know what to tell you my dear; the pic could definitely have been edited by someone who's a bit crappy at it, but come on, you can't tell me you do not recognize Keith! :shock:
Admittedly is not the best and/or most flattering look he's sporting, but it's still his face...and the fact that he seems shorter than Avery could well be the way the pic has been constructed; Avery being the lead, is obvious that he needs to be at the forefront of the poster.
If you remember, they used to do the same with Kevin Sorbo in the Drom group pics making Keith look few inches shorter than the man, when we all know him to be at least 2" taller than Kevin is - I'm assuming is just cause the leading character has to tower over everybody else.

Anyhow, like I said before, I wouldn't mind if you wanted to swoosh this Thread over to the Danger Zone Forum till we get confirmation on the Official Site...all the same, I'm presently looking into cheap air fares to Houston, just in case!! :wink:

Edited to add:

After checking the Pace Entertainment website a little more thoroughly, I've managed to find his name mentioned here; just scroll down to the bottom of the page.
The picture is obviously wrong (I've already contacted the guy in charge to have the problem rectified if possible) but at least the link to Keith's IMBd profile/page is correct, so people should still be able to know who is going to star in the play!! :D

pensive

Post by pensive » Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:05 pm

I thought it was only me who gets cross examined and doubted.

D.Rabbit

Post by D.Rabbit » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:30 am

Okay, that's better, at last some real proof, not just a name on UTube. No need to swoosh it if proof is there in living color.
It's a little funny that he's not showing up on all the cast pages and he is definitely not in the picture. That is not KHC unless he had a merkin made for his eye brows and died his beard. You don't mean the cat with the hat on Avery's right do you? At least the beard and eye brows match. The glasses are a bit of a surprise.

Why in blazes are they using that old autographed picture of Keith as Tyr? What's wrong with the shot where he's wearing the wife beater?

Checking out cheap rates to Huston in July are you? They should be giving the seats away free! Take an ice pack to tuck into your panties, it's going to be a scorcher of a summer.

Thanks for putting up with my inquisition, but inquiring minds need to know for sure.
Thank you also for your caring about my health. It was nasty but it didn't last long, I'm back to full speed a head and keeping an eye out for the torpedoes/bumble bees playing dead on my oriental carpets.

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:27 am

D.Rabbit wrote:Okay, that's better, at last some real proof, not just a name on UTube. No need to swoosh it if proof is there in living color.
Cool! :D
It's a little funny that he's not showing up on all the cast pages and he is definitely not in the picture. That is not KHC unless he had a merkin made for his eye brows and died his beard. You don't mean the cat with the hat on Avery's right do you?
No, I didn't mean the dude in the hat, I meant the one on the viewer's left in the pic below...that, fingers crossed, is gonna show without problems!!

And yes, it is a bit odd that is name isn't mentioned more, but hey, that's sometime the downside of being in an ensemble.
As for using Tyr's pic; ROTFL, I emailed the guy saying the pic they had there originally was wrong and advided to use the black & white they used at the Alliance last year for Cuttin' Up (which is at his IMBd page) evidently they like the one with the dreads better! :lol:
Checking out cheap rates to Huston in July are you? They should be giving the seats away free! Take an ice pack to tuck into your panties, it's going to be a scorcher of a summer.
Oh sis, if I was drinking anything when I read your 'ice pack' comment, you would owe me a new monitor right about now....yeah, I'll bring an ice pack to tuck into my panties if I really get to go to Houston, but I think it'll be to cool off a different kind of heat than the Summer's! :twisted:
Thanks for putting up with my inquisition, but inquiring minds need to know for sure.
No worries my dear, unlike other people, I don't mind being questioned about what I post since I never put out there what can't be backed up with hard evidence.
Last edited by Ashanti on Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

D.Rabbit

Post by D.Rabbit » Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:24 am

The many faces of Keith Cobb!
Oye Evay! I thought that was some Jewish guy just off the boat!

He's done that to me before when he shaved his beard off, on Y & R. I was transfixed on his features to the point I didn't notice he was wearing the color shirt I suggested 6 weeks earlier, until he got up and turned his broad back to the camera.

It looks to me like they where in a hurry to replace that wrong picture, went over to ebay and did a fast right click and grab.
There are just not a whole lot of new pictures of KHC available, but that one is okay in a pinch. I don't much care for the one he used for Cuttin' Up!, it doesn't show the soft side of the man like this one.

No more comments on the heat for you Missy! :P

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:15 pm

D.Rabbit wrote:The many faces of Keith Cobb!
Oye Evay! I thought that was some Jewish guy just off the boat!
ROTFLMAO :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
OMG D, one of your comments done it again, if I was drinking something I would have to replace my monitor....Jewish guy just off the boat?!?! :lol:
That's a great one sis, I'm practically in stitches here.
In all fairnes though, I did warn he wasn't sporting a very flattering look in that pic, didn't I? But I'm sure glad you're able to finally recognize him, and you're right, the many faces of Keith Cobb indeed but isn't that the beauty of him and his craft?

As for the replaced pic; you're right again, it does look like they did a bit of a quick job just to rectify their mistake, but at least they did do something about it after having been made aware it was wrong, so we have to praise them for that.
And yes, I much prefere the pic you posted too, but I'm guessing the people at Pace Entertainment don't have access to as many pics of KHC as you and I might have. :wink:
No more comments on the heat for you Missy! :P
:newangel: Yeah, I agree, better to avoid them from now on...well, at least outside of the Corner Thread! :wink:

D.Rabbit

Post by D.Rabbit » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:50 pm

Curtsies and bows, me big silly!
Because of his skin tone, he looks more middle eastern when one compares him to the rest of the cast, who for the most part are very dark skinned.
Then stick him in a suit...and where the heck is his tie? Lets not go there.

He could very well be the old gent in the hat too, if you zoom up what's left of your monitor :devil: and compare KHC to him using a picture from the FFF.

To be fair to me... the first link you posted, if you click on the full flier to see the larger version, Richard Brooks is standing where Keith is sanding now.

It was a good thing you asked them to use the right picture, and they changed it, thank you, or I would still be confused!
As for that replacement pic, does Keith not have an agency photo? All the other photos appear to be the ones most actors present with their bios.

So what do you want to bet on the direction of Keith's facial hair? Is he growing it again or is he shaving every other day?
I'm leaning toward the former, for I'm totally against stubble burn. He's hot enough!

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:34 pm

D.Rabbit wrote:Curtsies and bows, me big silly!
*Ashanti throws roses as D. curtsies and bows to her appreciative audience* :thanx: :thanx: :thanx:
Because of his skin tone, he looks more middle eastern when one compares him to the rest of the cast, who for the most part are very dark skinned.
Then stick him in a suit...and where the heck is his tie? Lets not go there.
Jokes aside, I totally know what you're saying sis, he's definitely the lighter skinned one out of the entire cast and the tie-less suit...ahem...no, lets not go there shall we! :wink:
He could very well be the old gent in the hat too, if you zoom up what's left of your monitor :devil: and compare KHC to him using a picture from the FFF.
ROTFL. Awww, now you've been mean to the poor guy. :lol:
To be fair to me... the first link you posted, if you click on the full flier to see the larger version, Richard Brooks is standing where Keith is sanding now.
I know, but I was never talking about the full version of the flier, I specifically linked the poster which featured him next to James Avery so that it would be easier to spot him...anyhow, the misunderstanding has been cleared and we know he's definitely starring in the play, what we need now is to see the tickets sale pick up a bit.
Every time I've checked for availability online, I keep getting the same seat number and row come up, but nothing else and I'm thinking that by now we should have a few rows sold out especially for the earlier shows - maybe that's why he has not posted any info at the Official Site yet, he might want to wait till the sales show enough interest in the show, otherwise they might decide to cancel it altogether.
As for that replacement pic, does Keith not have an agency photo?
I would imagine so, and actually I think it is the black & white one I mentioned before (that you don't like so much) but perhaps the guys at Pace Entertainment don't know that.
So what do you want to bet on the direction of Keith's facial hair? Is he growing it again or is he shaving every other day?
I'm leaning toward the former, for I'm totally against stubble burn. He's hot enough!
I'm hoping for the former too, I've always been partial to a bit of goatee! :drool:
Man, when I saw the pics from back in October I nearly fainted...so, yeah, lets all pray very hard for the former and see what happens. :wink:

D.Rabbit

Post by D.Rabbit » Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:30 am

maybe that's why he has not posted any info at the Official Site yet, he might want to wait till the sales show enough interest in the show, otherwise they might decide to cancel it altogether.
June is a funny month for any kind of sales. Unless it's travel tickets to vacation land. It's the main reason I don't bother with ebay in June, no business. People are busy with the end of the school year and gearing up for vacations or summer jobs, add in this cruising into a recession economy atm and sales are going to be slow.

Isn't staying in Texas in the summer the same as staying in Canada in the winter? No one in their right mind would do it unless they had to!

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:22 am

D.Rabbit wrote:June is a funny month for any kind of sales.

*Snip*

People are busy with the end of the school year and gearing up for vacations or summer jobs, add in this cruising into a recession economy atm and sales are going to be slow.
Yeah, I think you might be right there...still, lets hope something starts moving soon or I might have a problem in booking other things like the plane ticket and hotel room, closer to the date.
Isn't staying in Texas in the summer the same as staying in Canada in the winter? No one in their right mind would do it unless they had to!
I'm not sure if that's the saying over there, but it might well be! :wink:
Personally I wouldn't mind sacrificing myself for the cause, but I don't know how many more people would be willing to do the same.

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:58 pm

It is official!!!!

The info about the play has just gone up on Keith's webpage, so I guess there is no turning back from this now, I will have to sacrifice myself and make the trip to Houston. Oh the agony!!!!! :wink: