One more stage role for KHC.

Discussion about all the stuff Keith has worked on,
along with what he will work on in the future

Moderators: D.Rabbit, Ashanti, Karin, mancheeks64

D.Rabbit

Post by D.Rabbit » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:42 am

The pictures are still there Lady Bug.
You might have to wait a minute or 3 for them to load.
He's using a code heavy program and your browser needs to absorb a lot before the pictures show.

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:32 pm

D. is right, it took me quite a bit too for them to first load up, but they're definitely still there...for some strange reason, it takes less for them to show after they have been loaded once already.

BTW, always good to see ya around here Bigmama, hope everything is well with you! :D
What does it profit a man to gain the world and loose his soul. If you don't know where you're coming from, you don't know where you're heading. Past, present and future.

JaneMaple

Post by JaneMaple » Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:32 pm

For what it's worth, if I go to his site using Mozilla I get nothin' - just flat purple background and the words. If I use InternetExplorer and wait and wait and wait, I get the pictures.

D.Rabbit

Post by D.Rabbit » Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:40 pm

Are you still on dial up JM?
It takes a while on high speed too.
I just tested my copy of Mozilla and no arguments there, just the text much closer together.

He's has to be using a Microsoft product, that does not allow firefox to view it.

Or the right click protection is working overtime?

There is some odd colored code in the source file too.
Note to Keith:
Buy a copy of Dreamweaver and save
yourself some aggravation.

Roslyn

Post by Roslyn » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:26 am

Ashanti! :D Where do I begin...!!!! Girl you got it goin' ON! Great Pics and Keith actually "brought you his script" to hand to you. You are truly the keeper of the Actor Fellow's Scripts. He knows now (from last's years play), whenever you show up, just have a script ready (LOL) :D
Love the pics of you and the guys on Keith's webpage. At least he thought about both you ladies making the trip to come see hime and came back to spend some mroe time with you. I am glad he stayed a little longer and then to his hotel for drinks and converstation! AND had his driver to take you both back to your hotels! Wow, that is truly unheard of for an actor to do.

I LOVED your posts! They gave me a great sense of what was going on and the pics...VISUAL tells it all. I just can't say enough! You all had a WILD time and to got a chance to go out with the cast members and party, :balloons1: (Ooo, just felt a little envy :shock: ... but in a good way LOL), one would only dream, but in reality, that would have made my year so far. With my dad passing, I just was not...well...motivated to go to Houston to see Keith, like I wanted to. And the money was not there at that time. There is always next time...maybe I will be able to go to London! Now that is a place I have always wanted to visit (if they bring the play to London). I can get a chance to meet you and others from the board, (but like you said, we can only hope...)

I am very happy that you were able to go and have this great time. I know little Tyr was glad your were home and missed you.

Questions: Did anyone mention in passing about Avery Brooks? Why he was hospitalized during the after parties and conversations? I know that it would be a matter of privacy, (I don't like to pry), but he did look really ill during that interview, and was not able to come back to finish the play at all. I know the cast was very concerned for him. But I was glad to see him working.

The understudy for Avery (if that is what is what it is called today),
and maybe I have my facts wrong, but did you say he only had about "24 hrs to prepare for the character" of something like that? I thought understudies were to be prepared at all times, if an actor goes out, then they have to step right on in at that time. That they should already know the part and character, since they have to be there as well for every performance (I thought)?. But I maybe wrong on this.

I am glad that Keith did write on his scripts. That is what he did when he was on AMC (and for those younger board members who may not know- AMC means "All My Children" soap, Keith played Noah Keefer). He gave me and my friend Myra his script for that day, when we met with him and the AMC publist at the New York studio when we visited. We had lunch with him in the break room there. You can see that he does get into the character and becomes that person with all his being. You do see that he has a process he goes thru. And as we have all seen (when he played Tyr), he does research on the nature of the character he is to portray, he wants to know the motivation of the character (how he lives, why he is the way he is, etc.). The feelings and emotions that drives that person, what passions do they have and also what emotions and passions HE has, to bring to that character to bring them to life for the audience. As he has said, Acting is his life and passion. He would not do anything else (and he has had many other jobs while honing his craft).

I really would like to see this play...maybe they might do a repeat in another city in the US before going to London. I can only hope but if not, maybe I will be able to take a short vacation in LONDON :P

Roz
Roz

ladybug

Post by ladybug » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:35 am

Ashanti I'm glad you had a good time and had such a good experience.

I will try again to get the photos but my computer is old and slow. No high speed here, so I might not get to see them but I've been told enough to get the jist of them. Thanks for the input.

See ya!

Nope-still no luck. I get a done at the bottom, white outlined squares with the purple background, and the words. :x Oh well. Maybe he needs to rethink what he's using so us with old, slow, and pain-in-the-butt computers can see his site. Or not! :wink: Whatever!

Good night!

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:31 pm

Hey Roz, good to see ya back on the Board girlfriend!
Roslyn wrote:Ashanti! :D Where do I begin...!!!! Girl you got it goin' ON! Great Pics and Keith actually "brought you his script" to hand to you. You are truly the keeper of the Actor Fellow's Scripts. He knows now (from last's years play), whenever you show up, just have a script ready (LOL) :D
Lol, 'keeper of the Actor Fella's Scripts' huh?
Don't know about that, I don't even know if he remembered he had given me the script last time we met nor if that's gonna be the 'deal' between us from now on...all I know is that I was more than happy he decided to give me this one too especially cause it was such a good play that he said he loved so much starring in.

Glad you also liked the pics and enjoyed my posts; I'm not too good at writing reports as such, so I was a bit worried when I posted them. :rolleyes:
There is always next time...maybe I will be able to go to London! Now that is a place I have always wanted to visit (if they bring the play to London). I can get a chance to meet you and others from the board, (but like you said, we can only hope...)
Yes, wouldn't it be cool if they really managed to bring the play over to London and you could travel here to see it?! :D
I'm going to keep everything crossed for that to happen in '09...in saying that, someone also mentioned the possibility of the play going to Atlanta, so in the end it could be the other way around, and I might fly over to see you instead - we'll see what will happen.
Questions: Did anyone mention in passing about Avery Brooks? Why he was hospitalized during the after parties and conversations?
You mean James Avery, don't you?
I don't want to say too much online about this cause I'm not sure him and his family would appreciate it; all I can say is that he has a couple of medical conditions which got suddenly worse in the course of his stay in Houston and lead to his hospitalization and one set of shows being cancelled on Saturday 5th.
While I was there on the following weekend, I was told he was doing better and that he was due to fly back to LA on Monday 14.
The understudy for Avery (if that is what is what it is called today),
and maybe I have my facts wrong, but did you say he only had about "24 hrs to prepare for the character" of something like that? I thought understudies were to be prepared at all times, if an actor goes out, then they have to step right on in at that time.
You're right, as far as I know too, understudies should be ready to step in at any given time when an actor can't make a show, but in this case I think the understudy wasn't the designed one to step in for Avery.
What I mean is, that according to the program the understudy for this show was a different guy than the one who in the end did substitute Avery in the leading role - maybe the production got in touch with him at the last minute sort of thing, that's why Tanisha told me he had a short time to really get into the character.
Still, he did do a very good job of it and I guess that's all it matters; the show must go on, and it did pretty smoothly in this specific case.

Hope that satisfied your curiosity. And in case you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask.
What does it profit a man to gain the world and loose his soul. If you don't know where you're coming from, you don't know where you're heading. Past, present and future.