One more stage role for KHC.

Discussion about all the stuff Keith has worked on,
along with what he will work on in the future

Moderators: D.Rabbit, Ashanti, Karin, mancheeks64

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:36 pm

Hey guys!! :hello:

I just came back from Houston safe and sound this morning and wanted to say a quick hello to ya'll.
Unfortunately I won't have time to write a report of my trip till the weekend cause I still have to go pick up mini Tyr from my friend's house in Birmingham, so tomorrow and Thursday will be another couple of busy days for me, but after that I promise I'll do my best to fill you all in on what's been going on there.
One thing I can say right now though; the play was excellent!!!
Keith was awesome in the role of Booster...matter of fact, the whole cast was pretty darn good indeed, and a great bunch of folks to hang out with, something I was lucky enough to be able to do during my time in Houston.
I'll admit it was a little disappointing not being able to see James Avery at work, but unfortunately he was hospitalized after the show on July 4th and wasn't able to perform in any of the other shows after that (matter of fact, the Saturday shows on July 5 had to be cancelled) but the guy replacing him (Wayne DeHart) was really good in the role of Becker, especially considered the fact he had only about 24 hrs to really nail the character after they realized James wasn't going to be able to go back to work.
Anyhow, all in all I really enjoyed myself there and wish I had a little more time down in Texas.

As for the show been extended; is great news indeed, but even greater news (at least IMHO) is what Russell Andrews producer of the play and the guy who plays Youngblood in it, told me as soon as he heard I was there visiting from London, that he's planning to bring the show over to the UK for a second time (Jitney was quite a big success here back in 2001) and Keith will be probably coming too. :jump:
I told him that would make a whole lot of his fans happy, and he will most definitely have no problem at all selling a great deal of tickets!! :wink:
So fingers crossed everyone, for this could finally be the opportunity for a lot of people to enjoy Keith in his natural element; live theater.

I gotta run, but I promise to be back with more on the subject Saturday or Sunday. :smooch:
What does it profit a man to gain the world and loose his soul. If you don't know where you're coming from, you don't know where you're heading. Past, present and future.

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Post by mare_serenitatis » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:44 pm

cool!!!!!!!!!! I wanted to go to GB again for a hioliday anyway. We could turn it into a KHCMB/ExIsle/LEA board meeting! It'd be so much fun to meet IRL.
War doesn't decide who is right. It only decides who is left.

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:15 pm

^^^
Yeah that would be really cool!!!
I've always had a great time meeting people from the various MBs IRL over the years...actually, I met someone in Houston on Saturday, Stealthkitty was there believe it or not, but more about that in my upcoming report. :wink:
What does it profit a man to gain the world and loose his soul. If you don't know where you're coming from, you don't know where you're heading. Past, present and future.

ladybug

Post by ladybug » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:10 pm

Hi Ashanti

I'm glad you made it to and from Houston safely. I eagerly await your next post. Say hey to mini Tyr for me. I bet he was glad you were back?

FYI-Keith, James Avery and Tanisha Lynn did an interview on Fox 26 morning news July 9th. I was having trouble with the video but will give you the addy anyway, in case someone else can get it and post about it (I know he spoke several times but like I said I was having problems getting it all.) I couldn't get the whole addy for the video, it was longer than my window so I'm giving you a possible way to link to it (I could get the link one minute then it disappeared and I couldn't link it then I could etc etc etc.). I hope someone has better luck. Please let us know what was said, if you can get it and listen to it.

www.myfoxhouston.com/myfox/pages/news The site says page unavailable but if you click on news then search his name (or Tanisha Lynn) then go to "Houston Actress Returns As Part of August Wilson Play" it should take you to the video. GOOD LUCK!

UGH! I just tried again and it hung up on me while Keith was talking. I give up! :x

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:43 pm

^^^
Thanks for the link Bigmama! :D
It worked just fine for me, and you haven't missed much, Keith only said a couple of words about enjoying doing the play and his stay in Houston - anyhow, I'm downloading the clip to my Photobucket page, hopefully that way it'll be a little easier for you to watch.
Will post the link as soon as it's done.

EDITED TO ADD:

here's the video clip at photobucket, hope it works better for you this way. :wink:

sprinkles

Post by sprinkles » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:52 pm

Glad you had a great time and look forward to the word Sis hehe welcome back

D.Rabbit

Post by D.Rabbit » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:53 pm

Welcome back to the board Ashanti.
Thanks for moving the clip to your Photobucket site. That clip does not go all the way to end, at least it didn't for me, so I watched it at the site too.
Can't get enough of the Cobb man ya know!

Mr. Avery certainly stole the limelight, shame on him, the interview was about Tanisha. Keith as her advocate was excellent.

I do hope Mr. Avery fully recovers, he looks fairly hail and hardy in the interview, or was that makeup? Maybe it's just a slight glitch in his wiring and all will be well soon.

No hurry with your report dear, we don't want a rush job, we want all the juicy details!

shione123

Post by shione123 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:31 am

I'm happy that you're back safe and sound, Ashanti. I'm also glad you enjoyed yourself while you were in Houston. Say hi to mini Tyr for me! :)

kooks

Post by kooks » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:01 pm

wow! good timing for me becoming a fan, then. hello ashanti. i am new here. nice to say hi to another brit!
ok i am going to go and smile a lot over this and make people wonder what i am up to!!!
today today sounds far away. tomorrow is already gone

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:49 pm

Hey Kooks, good to meet ya too! :hello:

I still haven't had the chance to write the report unfortunately, but check out the first butch of pics here. :D

D.Rabbit

Post by D.Rabbit » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:49 am

Great shots Ashanti, thank you, looks like fun was had by all.
I like Keith's curls picked out, it makes him look younger, hipper and softer more approachable. It's a totally different look for him yet again!

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:11 pm

^^^
You're welcome sis, and yes, all of us definitely had a blast those three days. :wink:
As for the hair; you're right, that specific do makes him look much younger and hip, and it's quite funny that the reason why it looked that way was to get rid of the 'Jewish guy just off the boat' look he was sporting on stage. His hair was all sleeked back with gel during the show, but afterwards he combed it out and that was the result, not to mention the impossible humidity down there...but yeah, he definitely looked good like that. :drool:

D.Rabbit

Post by D.Rabbit » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:19 pm

I see you made the Pace Entertainment Picture Gallery Ashanti.
(link courtesy of MeATrinityPart from the IMDb boards)
Your so right, Keith does have his hair slicked back in the curtain call shot. Thanks for pointing that out or I would have been lost again looking for him! :rolleyes:

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:40 pm

D.Rabbit wrote:I see you made the Pace Entertainment Picture Gallery Ashanti.
Lol, yeah that's an ongoing joke between Terrence [Pace, the CEO of Pace Entertainment Group] and myself; he milked the fact I had travelled all the way from the UK so much while I was there, I ended up asking him how much I was going to get paid for all the publicity he was obtaining for the play at my expence.
He never answered to that question though, go figure. :rolleyes:
Being featured in the site's Photo Gallery seems the minimum in way of a thank you, wouldn't you say?! :wink:
Your so right, Keith does have his hair slicked back in the curtain call shot. Thanks for pointing that out or I would have been lost again looking for him! :rolleyes:
I think that's the reason why you had trouble recognizing him in the first place when I posted the playbill back in June, he looks totally different with his hair all gelled up.
In the curtain call photo it's easy enough to pinpoint him though, he's the tallest one on stage! :D

Edited to add:

I've added a few more pics over at Photobucket, unfortunately they were taken by other people using my camera and they messed up the flash function so the ones with Keith and the other cast members are of poor quality, but hey, one can't have them all, right?! I had an absolute blast in Houston and that's what counts. :wink:

IrisD
Site Admin

Post by IrisD » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:28 am

So, is there a date you can give me? Only that I know how much time I have to save enough money to go to the UK! :lol:

I would love to come, but I fear that it is a bit expensiv to book a hotel. As soon as I know where he will play I can try to book a youth hostel or so...
What does not kill me, makes me stronger.
Friedrich Nietzsche