Keith Is Doing a Reading!!‏

Discussion about all the stuff Keith has worked on,
along with what he will work on in the future

Moderators: D.Rabbit, Ashanti, Karin, mancheeks64

D.Rabbit

Keith Is Doing a Reading!!‏

Post by D.Rabbit » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:12 pm

This is what you get, with typical KHC timing, when you send Keith silly forwards to the address on his web site.
:present:
It’s a staged reading, Y’all!! Not a fully staged production, but it is a lovely little play, and the actors are talented, and, well, there it is. If you’re in the city (I mean Manhattan) and can attend, I think you’ll have fun.

Bless’d be!

Keith
Attachments
BrassButterfly.jpg
BrassButterfly.jpg (347.79 KiB) Viewed 892 times

sprinkles

Re: Keith Is Doing a Reading!!‏

Post by sprinkles » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:13 am

D I knew you'd come through girlfriend, Thanks I don't know why I could not capture the whole image. That's why your computer girl hehe :drool: Now I plan to go, and can't wait :lol:

michael elizabeth

Post by michael elizabeth » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:37 am

:balloon:
Last edited by michael elizabeth on Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sprinkles

Post by sprinkles » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:50 am

Naw I believe it was from him or his web manager either way its info on him period and the up cominig event I am looking forward to. I am glad he had his webmasters send out the invite I look forward to it. Lol!!!! :alien: :bounce:

michael elizabeth

Post by michael elizabeth » Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:53 am

Last edited by michael elizabeth on Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

D.Rabbit

Post by D.Rabbit » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:07 am

It goes to Keith ME, I clicked reply and the nick name I have for him showed up in the addy window!

The trick, Sprinks, to posting the picture part of his email (with the blind CC's) is to save it to your drive then upload it.

I too questioned the 3rd person of the Title of the email, but then again, as an actor, he often lives in the 3rd person, so why not?

I'd love to go, but I don't have a passport and there is not enough time to get one, or one of those special driver's license so...the terrorist win! I just had my picture taken on Wed. for my new license which I probably won't see for another 6 weeks. So even if I did try to sweet talk the boarder guard into letting a little old lady in a late model hatch back into the States, the lack of a truly valid license would just look too suspicious to those paranoid automatons.

michael elizabeth

Post by michael elizabeth » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:31 am

Last edited by michael elizabeth on Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sprinkles

Post by sprinkles » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:38 am

Well I'd open my little ole apartment to anyone that would want to come, Like I say I am a hop skip and a jump to Manhattan an I plan to go so hey I 'd find a town car to rent (with help ) to drop us off and pick us up after the shoe LoL !!!!!

That is if you don't mind sleeping :evil: on the floor Lol!!!

michael elizabeth

Post by michael elizabeth » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:48 am

That's a very kind offer. Thank you. We know you will take lots of pictures and tell us all about it, I can hardly wait. Have fun, you earned it. :D

D.Rabbit

Post by D.Rabbit » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:15 am

Thank you for the offer of your floor Deb. I know you keep it spotless.
Another time when I'm better prepared.
I never have any money for travel so a passport for me, would be an expensive document to gather dust on shelf like the last two I owned. Maybe when my trust fund kicks in?

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:47 am

So glad you're gonna go Sprinks; as soon as I heard about this I immediately thought of you and the burning desire you've always had to see him do something on stage, well finally here's your chance - YAY!!!!
Enjoy my dear you sure deserve it. :D
What does it profit a man to gain the world and loose his soul. If you don't know where you're coming from, you don't know where you're heading. Past, present and future.

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Post by mare_serenitatis » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:17 pm

Cool news! Just the wrong continent... ;) I really must find a way to lure him over here.

King'sChild

Post by King'sChild » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:52 am

Hi fans, I got the e-mail too.
It's nice for Keith doing a job!
And for the fans who can see him on stage!
Wenn es weh tut, ist es keine Liebe!
If it hurts, it isn't love!

Lea

THE BRASS BUTTERFLY by William Golding

Post by Lea » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:18 am

Small search in web about the play:

"The Brass Butterfly" is Golding's comedy, adapted from his short story "Envoy Extraordinary", is set amongst the power intrigues and religious struggles at the court of a Roman Emperor. A Greek scientist arrives with his inventions of the steam engine, gun powder, and printing. The resultant catastrophes provoke arguments of Shavian wit and brilliant paradox, leading to a happy though ambiguous dénouement."

About the author:

William Golding was born in 1911 in Newquay, Cornwall, UK, and died in 1993 at his home in Cornwall, near Truro. He was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1983. He wrote "Lord of the Flies".

Could you post more information (somehow related to Keith's reading) to this thread? About the theatre or guild or play or...

Ashanti

Re: THE BRASS BUTTERFLY by William Golding

Post by Ashanti » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:05 pm

^^^
Lol Lea, I 'm sure we'll have planty on Keith's reading once Sprinks revives from all that thudding she'll be doing next week. :lol:
In the meantime I've found the Phoenix Theatre Ensemble's Facebook page; there is a post about the reading and they also upload pics of their events on their Album, so I think we may expect at least one or two from this one as well.
What does it profit a man to gain the world and loose his soul. If you don't know where you're coming from, you don't know where you're heading. Past, present and future.