Keith starring in the Duchess of Malfi (Feb 27 - March 14)

Discussion about all the stuff Keith has worked on,
along with what he will work on in the future

Moderators: D.Rabbit, Ashanti, Karin, mancheeks64

Ashanti

Keith starring in the Duchess of Malfi (Feb 27 - March 14)

Post by Ashanti » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:16 pm

Thought you guys may want a little heads up about this one since a certain person will probably wait till the last minute (as always :rolleyes:) to post any info.

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/13 ... s-of-Malfi

Also, here's a link about the Theater the play is going to be at, with directions on how to get there.
Last edited by Ashanti on Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What does it profit a man to gain the world and loose his soul. If you don't know where you're coming from, you don't know where you're heading. Past, present and future.

michael elizabeth

Re: Keith starring in the Duchess of Malfi (Feb 27 - March 14)

Post by michael elizabeth » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:33 pm

Yeah!!! :bounce:

Ashanti how do you do that? Is there a little bird that sits on your shoulder? Or are you in touch with the right people on a regular basis? Or do you surf the net constantly?

Inquisitive minds need to know. :mrgreen:

The only other name I recognize besides Keith's is Patrick Page. He played the part of "Scar" in the theatre production of "The Lion King". He also married Paige Davis from "Trading Spaces". I remember that because that now makes her name Paige Page. :lol:

P.S. Are you going?

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:54 pm

michael elizabeth wrote:Is there a little bird that sits on your shoulder? Or are you in touch with the right people on a regular basis? Or do you surf the net constantly?
Lol, I'd say it is a little of option A and B combined. :wink: Besides, did I or did I not tell you a few weeks back that something was in the works?
P.S. Are you going?
There is a pretty strong possibility that I will, but I won't confirm anything for definite just yet, you know how life is, right?
It never goes according to plan, so.....
What does it profit a man to gain the world and loose his soul. If you don't know where you're coming from, you don't know where you're heading. Past, present and future.

michael elizabeth

Post by michael elizabeth » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:01 pm

Lol, I'd say it is a little of option A and B combined. :wink: Besides, did I or did I not tell you a few weeks back that something was in the works?
Yes, I do remember. Do you remember that I agreed with you because I had the same feeling? :D
Ya know what they say:
"Great minds think alike". :cheers:

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:23 pm

^^^
Totally! :wink:

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:42 pm

Here's a further link which may be useful to those who decide to go watch the play; the Red Bull Theater website.

ladybug

Post by ladybug » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:44 am

Information about the play...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Duchess_of_Malfi

They need donations to do the play? I wonder if this means there's a possibility it won't be shown.

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:43 am

^^^
Hey Bigmama, good to see ya sis and Happy New Year! :D

These type of theater companies are always in need of donations, but I don't think they need it so badly that it could effect the making of the show...at least I hope not. :shock:

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:58 pm

A couple more links you guys may be interested in checking out. ENJOY! :D

nytheatre.com

Below is an interesting piece on the Red Bull Theater and the type of plays they specialize in.

Broadwayworld.com

If anybody was wondering why or Actor Fella would work with this specific company out of all the others, I'd say the quotes below may shed some light.
Red Bull Theater, hailed as "the most exciting classical theater in New York" by Time Out New York, is the not-profit Off-Broadway theater company specializing in plays of heightened language, with a unique focus on the Jacobean plays of Shakespeare and his contemporaries. Red Bull embraces the imagination of theatergoers through intimate, evocative productions of great classic stories.
Red Bull Theater reaches out annually to middle school students in the Bronx through its Direct Address education program, teaching dramatic and literacy skills using the plays of Shakespeare. Red Bull Theater inaugurated a new play workshop called In The Raw, dedicated to developing new plays of heightened language and the classics of the future.

michael elizabeth

Post by michael elizabeth » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:17 pm

Is it just me or is it not weird that we get this great news and it seems like everybody stopped talking? :lurk:

Where did everyone go? Are you all busy making travel arrangements. :lol:

Has anyone contacted Keith's email address to see if he knows what character/part he will be portraying? :fight:

Sprinkles, are you looking forward to going? Is it just as close for you as the other place was? Will you be going?

D.Rabbit, is your passport updated yet? Are you considering attending?

Ashanti, thanks for the site links. Thank you to you too ladybug. Very interesting. Right up Keith's alley. He should feel completely at home, right in his element. I'm betting he's completely engrossed in his part already. :lol:

I won't be going, but I am really looking forward to seeing new pictures and living vicariously through whomever will be attending. :woohoo:

D.Rabbit

Post by D.Rabbit » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:03 pm

D.Rabbit, is your passport updated yet? Are you considering attending?
I was hanging around the post office waiting for yet another belligerent Shopper's Drug Mart employee to get off the phone and I started to fill in a passport application, but....
I also walked over to the government buildings to see about one of those upgraded driver's licenses, but one has to travel to Kingston or Toronto for a personal interview. It may be cheaper then a passport, but when you add in the gas, it ain't.

Besides, my finances have never been bleaker, so spending money on a trip to New York, even if I will need a winter's break by then, is not going to happen.

Break a leg Keith!

ladybug

Post by ladybug » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:17 am

He's playing- Malateste. A hanger-on at the Cardinal's court. The name means 'headache'. Referred to as a "mere stick of sugar candy" by the Duchess, he is yet another interchangeable courtier designed to convey the sycophantic and superficial nature of the court of Malfi.

It's kind of sad. He deserves more than this. Can no one see his talent? But, it's a job and maybe he will be seen by the right people.

Happy New Year to you too Ashanti.

Your welcome ME.

Have a great weekend everybody.

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:39 pm

michael elizabeth wrote:Where did everyone go? Are you all busy making travel arrangements. :lol:
No kiddin' ME! I certainly have been and hope lots of other fans are doing the same will be able to go see this play. Like you said, is exactly up Keith's alley and I'm sure he'll enjoy himself a great deal starring in it. Can't wait! :D
I won't be going, but I am really looking forward to seeing new pictures and living vicariously through whomever will be attending. :woohoo:
Shame you won't be going, I really do believe everybody should have the opportunity to see our Actor Fella perform live at least once...oh well, maybe next time.

michael elizabeth

Post by michael elizabeth » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:39 pm

Ashanti wrote:
michael elizabeth wrote:Where did everyone go? Are you all busy making travel arrangements. :lol:
No kiddin' ME! I certainly have been and hope lots of other fans are doing the same will be able to go see this play. Like you said, is exactly up Keith's alley and I'm sure he'll enjoy himself a great deal starring in it. Can't wait! :D
Shame you won't be going, I really do believe everybody should have the opportunity to see our Actor Fella perform live at least once...oh well, maybe next time.
Yeah!! :banana:

I am sooo happy you get to go Ashanti! I'm sure Keith will be glad to see you too. Please take lots of pictures.

Will you be considering staying with Sprinkles? How long will you be able to stay? I mean how many performances are you planning to see? :cow:

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:18 pm

michael elizabeth wrote:Yeah!! :banana:

I am sooo happy you get to go Ashanti!
Thanks friend, so am I. :D
I'm sure Keith will be glad to see you too.
Lol, he better or he'll be in a lot of trouble!!! :newangel:
Will you be considering staying with Sprinkles? How long will you be able to stay? I mean how many performances are you planning to see? :cow:
No, no staying at Sprinkles', I've already made arrangments in regards to where I'll be staying. I guess she'll be releaved to know her place won't have to be turned into a hostel this time round. :wink:
As for how long I'm gonna be in town for; five days during which I'm planning to watch three shows (a girl needs sometime to do her sighseen too, right?) anyway, that is IF there are no unexpected changes of plan, otherwise there could always be more shows on the cards, we'll see. :lol: