Keith starring in the Duchess of Malfi (Feb 27 - March 14)

Discussion about all the stuff Keith has worked on,
along with what he will work on in the future

Moderators: D.Rabbit, Ashanti, Karin, mancheeks64

Natalie 9

Re: Keith starring in the Duchess of Malfi (Feb 27 - March 14)

Post by Natalie 9 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:35 pm

Oh, I very much envy you that you can soon see it. Unfortunately at me never will be possibilities to see his performance alive, most likely.
But at least I rejoice for you that you can see this performance. :) And I hope to learn from you all news: as it will be.

michael elizabeth

Post by michael elizabeth » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:00 am

Are you all set to go Ashanti?

Have you ever been to New York before? I have heard it can be a scary place. Try not to go places by yourself okay? They even had an episode on "Sex in the City" where Carey gets mugged for her designer shoes. :lol:

Has anyone received notice from Keith about the play yet? Considering it's less than three weeks away, if it was not for you Ashanti, no one would know about it. :( I just don't understand that guy but, who says I'm suppose to right? :)

I was watching a show on TV tonight and this guy was tripping out about having to spend 60 quid on a go-cart ride for his kid's birthday. How much is 60 quid in Canadian money?

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:14 pm

michael elizabeth wrote:Are you all set to go Ashanti?
Yeah, pretty much.
Still have to go pay the lovely tax the Italian Government asks to pay all Italian passport holders in the event of traveling outside of the EU Countries (greedy b*stards!!) and then of course, will have to do some last minute shopping of small essentials for the trip, other than that though, I'm just counting the days. :D
Have you ever been to New York before?

No this is my first time, but don't worry my dear, I'll be in good company while I'm there.
Has anyone received notice from Keith about the play yet? Considering it's less than three weeks away, if it was not for you Ashanti, no one would know about it. :(
Though is not really for me to say, I'll venture a guess that in this case (since the role he's gonna be playing isn't that big) he may not give people advanced notice. Or maybe he'll send a group email a week or so before the opening date which is still enough time for fans in the NY area to attend if they so wish.
As for the ones overseas; if his participation in the play isn't that prominent, he may assume people wouldn't want to spend the money to travel over the pond anyway, hence the lack of info divulged thus far.
I just don't understand that guy but, who says I'm suppose to right? :)
Lol, I'm sure you're not the only one, girl. :wink:
Admittedly, his way of thinking can be slightly convoluted at times, but once you get used to it, it ends up making a certain amount of sense when all is said and done...it will for you too eventually, you'll see. :D
What does it profit a man to gain the world and loose his soul. If you don't know where you're coming from, you don't know where you're heading. Past, present and future.

michael elizabeth

Post by michael elizabeth » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:47 pm

Still have to go pay the lovely tax the Italian Government asks to pay all Italian passport holders in the event of traveling outside of the EU Countries (greedy b*stards!!)
Is that just so you can travel through their air space? I was not aware of that. :shock:
No this is my first time, but don't worry my dear, I'll be in good company while I'm there.
Of course you realize, I'm having to bite my tongue not to ask more questions regarding that. :lol:
he may assume people wouldn't want to spend the money to travel over the pond anyway, hence the lack of info divulged thus far.
You know what they say when you assume Keith. It makes an ass out of u and me :hammer:
Admittedly, his way of thinking can be slightly convoluted at times, but once you get used to it, it ends up making a certain amount of sense when all is said and done...it will for you too eventually, you'll see. :D
:smolder:I doubt it. :blurp: (That's directed at him not you Ashanti.)

Still, I'm very excited for you and wish you safe journey my friend. :bighug:

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:11 am

michael elizabeth wrote:Is that just so you can travel through their air space? I was not aware of that. :shock:
Don't exactly know what the tax is for, could well be to travel through their air space, but more likely is because --as I said before-- the Italians are greedy so and so. :wink:
Of course you realize, I'm having to bite my tongue not to ask more questions regarding that. :lol:
Why bite your tongue dear? If you wanna ask, just ask...however, that does not mean I'll be forthcoming with the answers you seek. 8)
You know what they say when you assume Keith. It makes an ass out of u and me :hammer:
Lol, too true that, too true!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
Still, I'm very excited for you and wish you safe journey my friend. :bighug:
Thanks hun. :cheek:
What does it profit a man to gain the world and loose his soul. If you don't know where you're coming from, you don't know where you're heading. Past, present and future.

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:23 pm

If anybody is interested, Keith is going to appear at the Greenwood Lake Public Library on Feb 20th, below is more useful info.
African-American history program

The fourth annual African-American History Month Program titled "Celebrating African-Americans in the Performing Arts" will be from 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m. Feb. 20 at the Greenwood Lake Public Library. It is free, limited to 50, and sponsored by the Greenwood Forest Farms Association.
Among the participants will be Kevin White, executive director of the Newburgh Performing Arts Academy, and Paul Kwame Johnson, founder/artistic director emeritus, Youth Theatre Interactions; Dolores Vanison-Blakely and Martial Roumain, award-winning choreographers of the Alpha Omega and Eleo Pomare Dance Companies; Keith Hamilton Cobb, actor; and Sheryl Baker Fisher, NYC casting director.
Special performances will be offered by the Newburgh Performing Arts Academy Teen Theatre Ensemble and the City of Peekskill Youth Bureau's Performing Arts Program featuring Duane Lamont, mime soloist.

Reservations can be made by calling Johnson at 986-5980 and leaving your name and phone number if no one is available in person. With limited seating, early calls are suggested. Last year's program at the library was a huge success. For information, call the library's program director at 477-8377.
For membership in the Association, which is $30 annually for a family, or to receive a quarterly newsletter, e-mail Gordon Duncan at gduncan826@msn.com.
Don't know if it would be worth starting a new Thread for this, but if any of the Mods/Admins think it does, feel free to do so or let me know and I'll get right on it. :D

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Post by mare_serenitatis » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:02 pm

*sigh* I definitely live at the wrong end of the planet

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:42 am

So, the show's previews start tomorrow night 7:00pm EST.

To those who are going; have a great time.

To our Actor Fella; break a leg Big Guy!!!!
May you sail through the next three weeks of performances and have loads of fun in the process.

Natalie 9

Post by Natalie 9 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:10 am

mare_serenitatis wrote:*sigh* I definitely live at the wrong end of the planet
And I also ... Image

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:06 am

Short review of the play is up at Playbill.com.

And at their Photo Gallery, these......
Pic 362 (with co-star Heidi Armbruster.jpg
Pic 362 (with co-star Heidi Armbruster.jpg (56.78 KiB) Viewed 676 times
Pic 363.jpg
Pic 363.jpg (84.09 KiB) Viewed 676 times

michael elizabeth

Post by michael elizabeth » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:35 am

Thank you Ashanti. :balloon:

I guess you'll be on your way soon. How excited are you? :bounce:

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:27 pm

^^^

You're very welcome ME! :D
michael elizabeth wrote:I guess you'll be on your way soon.

Yup, I'm leaving at 9AM (London time) a week on Thursday.
How excited are you? :bounce:
On a scale of 1 to 10?....About 20!!!!!! :mrgreen:

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:21 am

Three more reviews of the play, all positive, but unfortunately no mention of our Actor Fella :( no prominant enough role I guess...oh well, next time!

nytheatre.com

backstage.com

curtainup.com

michael elizabeth

Post by michael elizabeth » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:57 am

Ashanti wrote:^^^
On a scale of 1 to 10?....About 20!!!!!! :mrgreen:
I'm sitting at about a 12 and I'm not even going! Very excited for you and I know you will have a great time. The "Big Apple" is one of the best tourist attractions in the world! It doesn't hurt that our most handsome guy and favorite actor lives there too. :wink:

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:53 am

michael elizabeth wrote:The "Big Apple" is one of the best tourist attractions in the world! It doesn't hurt that our most handsome guy and favorite actor lives there too. :wink:
Lol, perhaps THAT is what makes it the best tourist attraction in the world! :drool: