Keith starring in the Duchess of Malfi (Feb 27 - March 14)

Discussion about all the stuff Keith has worked on,
along with what he will work on in the future

Moderators: D.Rabbit, Ashanti, Karin, mancheeks64

Reserved Cutie

Re: Keith starring in the Duchess of Malfi (Feb 27 - March 14)

Post by Reserved Cutie » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:38 pm

I would love to see all of the sites. That's going to take many more trips I believe. I have a feeling that Keith's next play will be in New York also - I hope so anyway.

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:58 pm

sprinkles wrote:Manhatten is actually the disney world section of NYC.
Lol, great minds DO really think alike sis, Keith called it the exact same thing when he heard where I was staying (W 44th Street and Broadway) and I think you're both very right.
The area was great, bustling with people and surrounded by bright lights and all the most touristy attractions one can get in a single place (Planet Hollywood, TGI Friday, Hard Rock Cafe, ToysRUs etc) but I guess every big city has that --is the exact same for us in London in areas like Piccadilly Circus, Trafalgar Square and Oxford Street-- typically tourist areas a Londoner wouldn't particularly spend time in unless they really had to.
Unfortunately, just like Cutie's, my stay in NYC was also short (not to mentioned plagued by that crazy storm which hit the entire East Coast) but next time I'm there I intend to take a good tour around the city and perhaps outside of it as well. Keith reckons that the scenery Upstate is an entirely different thing and definitely something worth exploring, especially by someone who comes from another major cosmopolitan city like London...matter of fact, NYC reminded me quite a bit of my hometown only a few times bigger, which make it something interesting to visit and discover, but not exactly a relaxing place to spend a vacation.
Not to mention, that next time I'm there, we'll have to try and meet up for at least a few hours. :D
What does it profit a man to gain the world and loose his soul. If you don't know where you're coming from, you don't know where you're heading. Past, present and future.

Reserved Cutie

Post by Reserved Cutie » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:00 am

As I was on a mini-vacation, I wanted to stay in a nice hotel in a good part of town. Don't want to see any dumps anywhere. My point is that I have yet to see a positive portrayal of New York, good and bad parts on t.v.- t.v. makes all of it look bad.

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Post by mare_serenitatis » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:28 pm

It must be a fascinating city but I am not sure if I'd like to go there. It's so terribly big. I'm a hillbillie, after all, and Los Angeles was already huge-ish, but contrary to NY, LA has an incredible lot of greenery and hardly any scyscrapers so that it looks rather like a big suburb.
NY with all these mile-high towers is kindof intimidating.

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:06 pm

NYC wasn't intimidating to me, but like you I have the same preference for LA and its open spaces. Matter of fact it was after I told Keith that I'm more of an 'LA girl', that he proceeded to suggest that I take a trip Upstate NY where the scenery is a totally different one from the city's.
I'm really hoping my next visit will be long enough to allow me to explore things/places a bit more.
What does it profit a man to gain the world and loose his soul. If you don't know where you're coming from, you don't know where you're heading. Past, present and future.

sprinkles

Post by sprinkles » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:56 pm

Lol, great minds DO really think alike sis, Keith called it the exact same thing when he heard where I was staying (W 44th Street and Broadway
Whow Ashanti you stayed there. I also stay at that hugh hotel Its funny but right after Keith was doing the young and the restless this was the first year he started on it, they had the soap opera awards at Radio City Music Hall and two great girls from the old board and I decided we'd meet up and go to the awards Wild Penguin and ScorpioTrue, I don't know if you guys remember them, any way Scorpiotrue got there first and Wild Pengiun was already in Brooklyn and me, I hopped a bus a cross the GWB and we was to meet them Well when I got to the hotel I like most people know that the lobby is where you go to check in Lol!!! I walked in and I was like Da wheres the lobby. I must have been standing there looking totally lost when this kind gentleman said You look lost let me guess you trying to find the lobby right I was like yeah he said follow me we got on the elevator and he took me to the 3rd floor and that was where the lobby was I called Scorpio who was already in the room and she told me to come up to the 30 floor, I notice when I got off the elevator with Mr. man that it only went up to a certain floor no where near the 30th floor. He laugh again and said follow me so we went around this corner and there was another set of elevators, I made it to my floor at last and the gentleman that was so helpful said his goodbye and goodluck gettting around in the hotel Lol!!! I thanked him and went to meetup with my gals.

Oh by the way guys did I forget to mention my guide in the hotel was non other then LL Cool J. Who was also in town for the Soap Opera Awards as a matter of fact he was a presentor he truely was a life saer Lol!!! :lol: 8)

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:41 pm

sprinkles wrote:Whow Ashanti you stayed there. I also stay at that hugh hotel Its funny but right after Keith was doing the young and the restless this was the first year he started on it, they had the soap opera awards at Radio City Music Hall and two great girls from the old board and I decided we'd meet up and go to the awards Wild Penguin and ScorpioTrue, I don't know if you guys remember them,
Lol, how could I forget your account of that eve, sis. And you seeing Osiris without the paper bag over his head. :lol:
I remember we all laughed sooo much when you posted the report on the old MB.
Oh by the way guys did I forget to mention my guide in the hotel was non other then LL Cool J. Who was also in town for the Soap Opera Awards as a matter of fact he was a presentor he truely was a life saer Lol!!! :lol: 8)
:thud: :thud: My poor heart be still, LL Cool J???? Lord have mercy!!!!!! :thud: :thud:
How did you manage to omit that little detail till now girl?!
OMG, now that would have been a real kick a$$ start to may evening. :twisted:

michael elizabeth

Post by michael elizabeth » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:58 am

No kidding!
That guy is such a... :love4: :thud:
Way to keep a secret Sprinkles!

sprinkles

Post by sprinkles » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:55 pm

I thought I posted it, Oh well it was so long ago Lol!!!!!

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:05 am

Some nice pix of "Duchess" Opening Night aftershow party can be found here if anybody is interested.

Enjoy! :D

michael elizabeth

Post by michael elizabeth » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:48 am

Thank you for sharing that info. Ashanti. Great pictures.

ladybug

Post by ladybug » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:52 pm

:drool:

Thanks for the photos Ashanti.

Damn he looks good. Then again, he always did.

And, he's keeping the hair on his chest. :drool: Be still my beating heart. Hubba hubba

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:38 am

You're welcome ladies! :D

Re: the chest hair; I think he pretty much stopped shaving his chest once he got shot of that horrid chain mail vest which according to him, used to pull them all the time.
Is nice to see that some are gray now, but I like the gray in a man, makes him look distinguished.

michael elizabeth

Post by michael elizabeth » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:38 am

Ashanti wrote:You're welcome ladies! :D

Re: the chest hair; I think he pretty much stopped shaving his chest once he got shot of that horrid chain mail vest which according to him, used to pull them all the time.
Is nice to see that some are gray now, but I like the gray in a man, makes him look distinguished.
Well, color me unobservant. He looks the same to me in the chest area. I'm curious, I must ask, how close were you ladies to notice that some were gray? I can't see a difference from those photos. :?

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:51 am

michael elizabeth wrote:I'm curious, I must ask, how close were you ladies to notice that some were gray?
Can't talk for Ladybug, but in my personal case I can say that when you're sitting right next to the man (I mean arm touching arm) and he has the first three or four buttons of his shirt open, the gray hair are pretty hard to miss even when you're trying not to look at his chast area. :drool: