Something Wicked This Way Comes

Discussion about all the stuff Keith has worked on,
along with what he will work on in the future

Moderators: D.Rabbit, Ashanti, Karin, mancheeks64

ShakesNJ

Something Wicked This Way Comes

Post by ShakesNJ » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:27 pm

To kick off Halloween Week, The Shakespeare Theatre of New Jersey will present Something Wicked This Way Comes on Monday, October 25 at 7:30 p.m. at The F. M. Kirby Shakespeare Theatre in Madison. Titled from a line in Shakespeare’s Macbeth, Something Wicked This Way Comes is a 90-minute, delightfully bone-chilling event, featuring esteemed actors Keith Hamilton Cobb (Andromeda, The Twilight Zone), Judith Roberts (Eraserhead, Dead Silence) and Sherman Howard (Bub the Zombie from George Romero’s Day of the Dead) to give voice to some of the great as well as guest artists who have appeared in horror films and television shows. The event – a collage of dramatic readings from horror and ghost classics, haunting music, an atmospheric soundscape, and other surprise “treats” – will feature excerpts from Shakespeare, Poe, and other classics from the genre.

Providing the haunting music for this unique evening is John Hoge playing the theremin. The theremin was one of the very first electronic instruments, and was invented in Russia in the early 1900s by Lev Termen. It is the only musical instrument played without physical contact. The theremin was “discovered” by film composers in the first half of the 20th century, and its sound became an iconic signature of such scores as Spellbound and The Day the Earth Stood Still, and was eventually heard in hundreds of B movies. Now enjoying resurgence in popularity, the theremin is used by rock bands and on the symphonic concert stage.

Tickets for Something Wicked This Way Comes are $32 and are now on sale. To purchase tickets, or for more information, call 973-408-5600 or visit www.ShakespeareNJ.org. Something Wicked This Way Comes take place at the F. M. Kirby Shakespeare Theatre, 36 Madison Avenue (at Lancaster Road) in Madison, NJ.

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Re: Something Wicked This Way Comes

Post by mare_serenitatis » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:38 pm

LOL you're fast :) I only just activated your account 5 mins ago.

Welcome to the board and thanks for the info. Sounds totally cool! I think Keith will enjoy reading something scary. After always playing the good guy he must be craving for something dark and evil, I imagine. What a pity that I live on the wrong side of the planet and can't see it :(

Will there be only one reading or is there any hope there might be several?

ShakesNJ

Post by ShakesNJ » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:54 pm

Sadly, it doesn't look like we will be able to do another event like this in 2010. However, we hope to make this an annual tradition! We are thrilled to have Keith on board, and we would love some tips on how to spread the word to his fans!

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:41 pm

Hi there and welcome to the Board!

Thanx for the heads up about the reading. Like Mare, I too live outside of the US so I'm not sure I will be able to attend the event at such short notice, but I'll keep my fingers crossed that other fans will be able to do so.

Edited to add: Yo Sprinkles!
This is in NJ, so you BETTER get you backside there on Oct 25 and pronto, or you'll have me to deal with!!!!!!!!!! :viking: :viking:
There really is no excuse for you to miss this one, besides I know you can't wait to break another purse...errr...I mean, to see our Actor Fella again! :whistle:
What does it profit a man to gain the world and loose his soul. If you don't know where you're coming from, you don't know where you're heading. Past, present and future.

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:41 pm

I went on line last night and I'm a proud owner of a ticket to this event! I'm now counting down to TOTAL FREAK OUT!

Oh! you've come to the right person! I will definitely help to spread the word!
If it doesn't work, bash it! If it still doesn't work, trash it!

sprinkles

Post by sprinkles » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:22 am

I will try an make it. What a nice BDAY present it would be. we shall see. :drool:

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:43 pm

Oh yeah, I forgot it's your Bday soon! Then you definitely MUST attend...will keep my fingers crossed for ya sis. :D
What does it profit a man to gain the world and loose his soul. If you don't know where you're coming from, you don't know where you're heading. Past, present and future.

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Post by mare_serenitatis » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:22 pm

must be the season for spontaneous actions. I decided to take a day off in 2 weeks for a prolonged weekend and attend a Jim Byrnes concert - in Belgium. After notifying my family that I shan't be at home on my patron saint's day (celebrated like a small birthday here in Bavaria), my dad promptly called me yesterday, offering to drive me there. Argh! I am 46 and drive an average of 2500 km a month! I am totally capable of driving 720 km through 3 European countries without getting lost, falling into a letter box or being run over by an perambulator.

fantasia

Post by fantasia » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:56 pm

I'm contemplating the trip to New Jersey on October 25 to see Keith. Are any New Yorkers planning to meet to take the trip together?

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:00 am

Due to a change in his work schedule, Keith will no longer be attending the reading on Oct 25.

Instead, on that day, he will start rehearsals for a play scheduled to open at the beginning of December.
I will post more info about this as I get it...provided that the reaction from some Members of this Board is less childish than the one back in March, or what's the point?! :rolleyes:

michael elizabeth

Post by michael elizabeth » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:44 pm

Ashanti wrote:Due to a change in his work schedule, Keith will no longer be attending the reading on Oct 25.

Instead, on that day, he will start rehearsals for a play scheduled to open at the beginning of December.
I will post more info about this as I get it...provided that the reaction from some Members of this Board is less childish than the one back in March, or what's the point?! :rolleyes:
The point is that 98.99% of us appreciate and love the fact that you keep us informed, Ashanti. Please don't let that small percentage drag you down. :comfort: :cheek:

I, for one, count on you. :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :bighug:

Sci-Fi Girl

Post by Sci-Fi Girl » Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:44 pm

I agree, aside from a few stubborns, the rest of us love hearing news!

Rehearsals for a new play sounds really cool! 8)
And the nightwind greets him like a lover;
Her cold fingers brush against his cheek
Then she chases papers down the street
Past doorways, where lovers meet
And huddle in the night
- Garnet Rogers

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:47 pm

:bighug: :bighug: ME and SFG :bighug: :bighug:

Thanks for the kind words and support.

Yes, the idea of a new play is quite cool and personally I can't wait to find out more about it! :D

sprinkles

Post by sprinkles » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:35 pm

It is a curse, see i planned to attend, but i knew KHC would hear about me coming and run :twisted: Oh well maybe next time

But hey guys, I did see another great play on the 13th. Madea's big happy family and it was great :alien: :lol: :cow:

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:42 pm

^^^
Gosh darn it Sprinks, I'm so sorry to hear you were planning to go see him this time, and now you won't be able to!! :(

If it's of any consolation to ya sis, he has this other gig in December, perhaps we can all meet up then...a reading wouldn't have been enough to justify a trip to the States on my part, but a proper play usually is, so there is a fairly big chance I will be in NYC for that, fingers crossed after these many years you and I will finally be able to link up. :D