"Hapgood" (December 2nd through 12, 2010)

Discussion about all the stuff Keith has worked on,
along with what he will work on in the future

Moderators: D.Rabbit, Ashanti, Karin, mancheeks64

User avatar
Ashanti
Posts: 1366
Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:15 pm

"Hapgood" (December 2nd through 12, 2010)

Post by Ashanti » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:07 pm

Ok so, I'm assuming most of you has received the general email Keith sent yesterday afternoon about the new gig, if not....

The play is called Hapgood. It's written by British playwright Tom Stoppard and will be running in NYC from December 2nd to 12. The role our Actor Fella will play in it, is the one of Wates a CIA agent who's working for the British Secret Service in the last days of the Cold War.
To purchase tickets and get directions to the venue, go to the Phoenix Theatre Ensemble website and click either on Hapgood or the Calendar page.

Me and a couple of friends will be attending the performance on Sat 4th, perhaps we should make it a little gathering of Keith fans, who's up for it?! :wink:
What does it profit a man to gain the world and loose his soul. If you don't know where you're coming from, you don't know where you're heading. Past, present and future.

IrisD
Site Admin
Posts: 626
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:09 pm
Location: |Schweinfurt|Bavaria|Germany|Europe|
Contact:

Re: "Hapgood" (December 2nd through 12, 2010)

Post by IrisD » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:43 am

Well, it's a long way...too long for me. :(

Please, if you're able to speak to him, say hello from his forgotten fan from germany.
What does not kill me, makes me stronger.
Friedrich Nietzsche

User avatar
Ashanti
Posts: 1366
Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:15 pm

Re: "Hapgood" (December 2nd through 12, 2010)

Post by Ashanti » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:17 pm

^^^
I will my dear, don't worry! After all, ain't I ALWAYS the one who brings word from all the fans that were not able to make his plays or live events?! :wink:
What does it profit a man to gain the world and loose his soul. If you don't know where you're coming from, you don't know where you're heading. Past, present and future.

IrisD
Site Admin
Posts: 626
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:09 pm
Location: |Schweinfurt|Bavaria|Germany|Europe|
Contact:

Re: "Hapgood" (December 2nd through 12, 2010)

Post by IrisD » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:57 pm

Ashanti wrote:^^^
I will my dear, don't worry! After all, ain't I ALWAYS the one who brings word from all the fans that were not able to make his plays or live events?! :wink:
Oh yes you are, honey. *cuddle*
What does not kill me, makes me stronger.
Friedrich Nietzsche

User avatar
Ashanti
Posts: 1366
Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:15 pm

Re: "Hapgood" (December 2nd through 12, 2010)

Post by Ashanti » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:49 pm

Lol, I guess somebody's gotta do it! :lol:

:smooch: Iris :smooch:
What does it profit a man to gain the world and loose his soul. If you don't know where you're coming from, you don't know where you're heading. Past, present and future.

michael elizabeth
Posts: 792
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:20 am

Re: "Hapgood" (December 2nd through 12, 2010)

Post by michael elizabeth » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:32 pm

Do you know how long the play itself is, Ashanti? Just wondering.

When you say that you and friends are meeting up on the 4th? Do you mean other members or personal (RL) friends. Again, just curious as to how many of "us" will be able to get there. :)

Alas.....once again, I will have to live vicariously. :cry:

User avatar
Ashanti
Posts: 1366
Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:15 pm

Re: "Hapgood" (December 2nd through 12, 2010)

Post by Ashanti » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:21 pm

Hey ME!

The play runs from Dec 2nd through 12 as mentioned in the Thread's title.
As for the people going on the 4th, so far is five of us; myself, our very own Richocet, one of the ladies from EI who's bringing her boyfriend and a friend of mine traveling from Cleveland...I'm also hoping Sprinkles will be able to join us, but I've not heard from her as of yet, so nothing is for certain in that respect.

Hope this answers your questions Hun. :D
What does it profit a man to gain the world and loose his soul. If you don't know where you're coming from, you don't know where you're heading. Past, present and future.

michael elizabeth
Posts: 792
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:20 am

Re: "Hapgood" (December 2nd through 12, 2010)

Post by michael elizabeth » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:41 pm

Ashanti wrote:Hey ME!

The play runs from Dec 2nd through 12 as mentioned in the Thread's title.
As for the people going on the 4th, so far is five of us; myself, our very own Richocet, one of the ladies from EI who's bringing her boyfriend and a friend of mine traveling from Cleveland...I'm also hoping Sprinkles will be able to join us, but I've not heard from her as of yet, so nothing is for certain in that respect.

Hope this answers your questions Hun. :D
Most of them. Thank you, cutie.

Sorry, I didn't phrase this question very well. :oops: What I meant by how long is the play, I was referring to the length. Is it two hours long or maybe three?

User avatar
Ashanti
Posts: 1366
Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:15 pm

Re: "Hapgood" (December 2nd through 12, 2010)

Post by Ashanti » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:24 pm

michael elizabeth wrote:Sorry, I didn't phrase this question very well. :oops: What I meant by how long is the play, I was referring to the length. Is it two hours long or maybe three?
Ooops, sorry about that :oops: You know how it is with us foreigners, always misinterpreting stuff! :lol:
I'm not sure about the actual length, but I'd think about 90 mins, give or take.
What does it profit a man to gain the world and loose his soul. If you don't know where you're coming from, you don't know where you're heading. Past, present and future.

michael elizabeth
Posts: 792
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:20 am

Re: "Hapgood" (December 2nd through 12, 2010)

Post by michael elizabeth » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:54 pm

Thank you. :D

I know you will have a wonderful time. I wish I could at least be a fly on the wall. :rolleyes: The closest I have ever been to New York is Grand Island. :mrgreen:

User avatar
Ashanti
Posts: 1366
Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:15 pm

Re: "Hapgood" (December 2nd through 12, 2010)

Post by Ashanti » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:20 pm

Wish you could come along too sis. :D
Would it really be so difficult for you to fly down to NYC? After all, you're not that far away from the East Coast!
Anyway, I'm pretty sure there will be pix to go around, so you'll have something to feast your eyes on, even if you don't make it across the boarder. :wink:
What does it profit a man to gain the world and loose his soul. If you don't know where you're coming from, you don't know where you're heading. Past, present and future.

michael elizabeth
Posts: 792
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:20 am

Re: "Hapgood" (December 2nd through 12, 2010)

Post by michael elizabeth » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:13 pm

Ashanti wrote:Wish you could come along too sis. :D
Would it really be so difficult for you to fly down to NYC? After all, you're not that far away from the East Coast!
Anyway, I'm pretty sure there will be pix to go around, so you'll have something to feast your eyes on, even if you don't make it across the boarder. :wink:
No. It might as well be the other side of the world as far as my budget is concerned. I can't afford to buy a happy meal, let alone a plane ticket. Yes, I am looking forward to pictures. :cow:

User avatar
mare_serenitatis
Site Admin
Posts: 1753
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:07 pm
Location: Bavaria
Contact:

Re: "Hapgood" (December 2nd through 12, 2010)

Post by mare_serenitatis » Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:55 pm

IrisD wrote:Please, if you're able to speak to him, say hello from his forgotten fan from germany.
make that fans, please. Have fun at the theatre and we expect a full report with all the dirty details of what you did with the actor fella after the show :mrgreen:

User avatar
Ashanti
Posts: 1366
Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:15 pm

Re: "Hapgood" (December 2nd through 12, 2010)

Post by Ashanti » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:14 am

^^^
Lol, I think my Hubby would be a bit annoyed if indeed there were dirty details to report upon my return! :rolleyes: However, I will definitely say Hello from you guys, and perhaps try and take some pix too.
What does it profit a man to gain the world and loose his soul. If you don't know where you're coming from, you don't know where you're heading. Past, present and future.

IrisD
Site Admin
Posts: 626
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:09 pm
Location: |Schweinfurt|Bavaria|Germany|Europe|
Contact:

Re: "Hapgood" (December 2nd through 12, 2010)

Post by IrisD » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:10 am

mare_serenitatis wrote:
IrisD wrote:Please, if you're able to speak to him, say hello from his forgotten fan from germany.
make that fans, please. Have fun at the theatre and we expect a full report with all the dirty details of what you did with the actor fella after the show :mrgreen:
Where has my "s" gone to? I never meant something different... :oops:
What does not kill me, makes me stronger.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest