"Hapgood" (December 2nd through 12, 2010)

Discussion about all the stuff Keith has worked on,
along with what he will work on in the future

Moderators: D.Rabbit, Ashanti, Karin, mancheeks64

michael elizabeth

Re: "Hapgood" (December 2nd through 12, 2010)

Post by michael elizabeth » Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:27 pm

:lol: ^ Your "s" is on it's way to New York. It wants to get in line for tickets.

Natalie 9

Post by Natalie 9 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:12 pm

mare_serenitatis wrote:IrisD wrote:
Please, if you're able to speak to him, say hello from his forgotten fan from germany.

make that fans, please.
Not only from Germany...

Ashanti, I would be very grateful to you if you have informed him: even in far Russia he has fans. Image

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:28 am

^^^
Sure Natalie, no problem though I think I mentioned that to him already last time I was in NYC back in March...anyway, doing so again can't be a bad thing, right?! :wink:
What does it profit a man to gain the world and loose his soul. If you don't know where you're coming from, you don't know where you're heading. Past, present and future.

fantasia

Post by fantasia » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:08 am

It seems that most of you are going on Saturday so I wouldn't get a chance to meet you unless it is before or after the play. I'm going on Thursday the 2nd of December and Sunday the 5th. I couldn't just see him once since he is so close to my job.

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:47 am

Hey Ya'll!

Just returned safe & sound from NYC yesterday and wanted to give you a shout out. :D
Everything went great; the show was very good and I had an awesome time meeting up with my friends and of course, Keith!! :wink:
As usual it'll take me a few days to post more about the whole experience, as you guys can imagine, it ain't easy to get back into the swing of RL stuff after a vacation...however, for the sake of knocking on the head any attempt from Troublemakers to start sh@t like last time, I'm including "proof" of the aforementioned meeting with our Actor Fella, and why not, also to gloat a lil'bit about it. :wink: :lol:

:drool: :drool: :drool:
What does it profit a man to gain the world and loose his soul. If you don't know where you're coming from, you don't know where you're heading. Past, present and future.

michael elizabeth

Post by michael elizabeth » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:51 am

Yeah!!! A picture! :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Thank you sis. :cheek:

Glad you are home safe. Bet the boys missed you. :D

Hope to hear all about your trip soon.

Thanks again!

shione123

Post by shione123 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:59 pm

I'm glad you made it back safe, Ashanti. Thanks for keeping us posted.

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:30 pm

Okay so, here I am finally!
Sorry it took me a bit to come back to this, but both myself and baby Alex are currently ill with a bad case of the cold not to mention being busy with the last of the Xmas shopping and other RL stuff....anyhoo, as promised here I am to post some more about 'Hapgood' and other things that happened during my trip to the Big Apple.

First of; the play was really very good. Spies stories, espionage and intrigue have always been right up my street, so this was well worth traveling to NYC to watch plus there is a good dose of humor throughout the whole thing, which always helps digest the slightly heavier parts of the story like the explanations of quantum theory and the like. Not to mention of course, how great it was to see Keith for the second time this year. :wink:
I assume you guys have already done your homework in regards to the plot, so I don't think I'll have to delve too deeply into details...of course if any of you has any specific question, you're welcome to ask.. instead, I thought you may prefer to read a review or two of the production.
Below are the links to them, AND a pic of our Actor Fella in his role of the CIA agent Ben Wates.

http://www.thevillager.com/villager_397/stoppard.html

http://www.theasy.com/Reviews/hapgood.php

The reviews are all very good (and so happened to be the patrons' comments at the end of the shows I watched) unfortunately due to the size of his role, there is no mention of Keith. Still, since you are all well aware of his capabilities as an actor, you will believe me when I tell you that as always he did the best he could with the material he was given, which was still more than what he had in "Duchess" back in March.
He appears in the opening scene and then mostly in the first act, with a few lines towards the end of the show.
And even though the play wasn't exactly one of his favorite works, ya'll be happy to know that there is some Shakespeare in his immediate future - YAY!!!!
As things stand at the moment, I'm not sure how much I can divulge about this latest project except that he'll star in 'Midsummer Night's Dream' this coming February.
I have the feeling he's gonna want to announce this to the fan base himself, if not, I'll give you more info about it as soon as I get it.

The best part of the trip though, was the group outing which took place on Saturday night.
Seven of us (myself included) went to watch the show, then met with Keith afterwards.
We took pix (as per my previous post) chatted with him and in the end went for drinks in a nearby bar.
I had not done one of those type meet ups in ages (and apparently neither had Keith) so it was quite a lot of fun to find ourselves sitting there laughing, chatting and generally having a good time.
Seen the whole song and dance that ensued after posting about my chat with him back in March, I won't go into details regarding anything that might have transpired in any of our meetings during this trip (there were a couple other occasions where we got talking) so, for the sake of keeping the peace around the Board, please do not ask.
As for any other question regarding the show or the like, you can either post them here of PM me and I'll be happy to answer them as best as I can. :D

shione123

Post by shione123 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:15 am

Thanks again, Ashanti!... :)

michael elizabeth

Post by michael elizabeth » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:46 am

Ashanti wrote: The best part of the trip though, was the group outing which took place on Saturday night.
Seven of us (myself included) went to watch the show, then met with Keith afterwards.
We took pix (as per my previous post) chatted with him and in the end went for drinks in a nearby bar.
I had not done one of those type meet ups in ages (and apparently neither had Keith) so it was quite a lot of fun to find ourselves sitting there laughing, chatting and generally having a good time.
Seen the whole song and dance that ensued after posting about my chat with him back in March, I won't go into details regarding anything that might have transpired in any of our meetings during this trip (there were a couple other occasions where we got talking) so, for the sake of keeping the peace around the Board, please do not ask.

But, but, but....that's the part I wanted to hear.

No silly stories?
No one broke their purse strap?
No one got tongue tided?

:mope:

Nonny

Post by Nonny » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:19 am

Wow, I gotta keep up! Thanks for posting this, and glad you got to see it. :)
Emma Glitch's Reason to Live http://emmaglitch.com/

sprinkles

Post by sprinkles » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:57 am

Whow Ashanti what great picture you got. You and he look great together, But you are rather short aren't you hehe I know how that felt standing next to him. I guess that is why I sort of madde sure he was sitting down and I was the hoovering over him. I only wished I could have met up with you'll on the trip out here. But you knoqw how RL gets in the way, when you least expect it. Was it cold enough for you. glad you returned home to the little babies and are completing you X-mas shopping, me I haven't even started. But I will Lol!!!! Thanks for sharing Sis. :lol:

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:15 am

michael elizabeth wrote: But, but, but....that's the part I wanted to hear.

No silly stories?
No one broke their purse strap?
No one got tongue tided?

:mope:
Lol, I know sis, but you remember what happened last time I shared particulars on the Board, don't you?
So to avoid a repeat performance, I'm afraid what was said between Keith and myself will have to remain so.
Other than that if you have any other question...fire away! 8)
No, there are no silly stories that I can think off the top of my head to report. No one brought their purse strap, unfortunately Sprinkles didn't join us that night, but there was some tongue-tidness (is that even a word?) when I introduced our dear Ricochet to Keith. I hope she won't mind me saying that she was a little nervous at first about meeting him in the flesh, bur she soon recovered and got a hug & kiss for her trouble! :wink:

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:23 am

sprinkles wrote:Whow Ashanti what great picture you got. You and he look great together, But you are rather short aren't you hehe
No kiddin' sis; he's 6'6'' and I'm a mare 5'3'', and believe it or not, that night I was in 5 inch heel boots with at least a good inch platform, and I STILL look like a midget next to the man!!!! :rolleyes:
Oh well, next time I'll make sure he sits down before taking any pix. :lol:
The trip was well worth it, cold and all, only shame was once again not having the chance to link up you and I, hopefully next time though huh?!

sprinkles

Post by sprinkles » Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:42 am

You know Ashanti so much has been going on in RL, I really wanted to meet up with you I really meant to get you number so I could have met you all at the hotel and we could have done lunch brunch or something before you left the big apple. By the time I realized that the play was here already as well as you I was like D&^%$ I missed them again. Next time we have to exchange numbers even if I don't go to the play. I truly wanted to meet you face to face. But this time it was my bad But next time will be different okay Well I did indeed get to see my Prince and his purple lovelyness, He sang to me all night long last nite and even came back for 5 anchors hehe It was great. But I am mad I missed you guys. But I know you had a blast anyway.