Keith's new gig..."Find And Sign" (Jan 13 through 28, 2012)

Discussion about all the stuff Keith has worked on,
along with what he will work on in the future

Moderators: D.Rabbit, Ashanti, Karin, mancheeks64

Ashanti

Re: Keith's new gig..."Find And Sign" (Jan 13 through 28, 2012)

Post by Ashanti » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:25 pm

Natalie 9 wrote:Thanks for sharing Ashanti! Good news and magnificent photos.
You're welcome Natalie. :D
It seems that they bought a suit for him at sale in shop for fat men. :lol:
Lol, you know what Natalie, you're right!
It's always been a problem for costume designers to find clothes that fit Keith's imposing size; I too think they tend to go looking for clothes in stores that cater for large men in terms of weight, but not necessarily in terms of height which is really where our Actor Fella differs from the average man. I guess it would be too expensive to tailor something especially for him for a play which is on stage for only a few weeks, I remember they had tailored costumes for him in Drom, but that's only really cause he was a regular on the show.
What does it profit a man to gain the world and loose his soul. If you don't know where you're coming from, you don't know where you're heading. Past, present and future.

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Post by mare_serenitatis » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:34 pm

he's getting grey but it looks good on him :)

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:38 pm

^^^
Oh yeah, I think each year that goes by Keith looks more distinguished and interesting...far more than when he was a young man.
More mature men always have a stronger appeal for me than younger ones.
What does it profit a man to gain the world and loose his soul. If you don't know where you're coming from, you don't know where you're heading. Past, present and future.

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:16 am

A "little birdy" told me that one of our MB Members attended a performance of 'Find And Sign' in Salt Lake.
Maybe she could post a short report with her impressions of the play...just a thought! :wink:

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Post by mare_serenitatis » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:42 am

that'd be awesome!
Btw, as Keith is getting on in years there are such a lot of good classical roles for him. Just think of all the Kings in Shakespeare's dramas. Or Oberon or Macbeth.
Maybe this way we get a chance to see him in theatre more often?

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:13 pm

^^^
Yup, I second that Mare...now all we need to do, is convince some Artistic Director either in the U.S. or UK to ACTUALLY cast him in any of those plays! :wink:

Personally, I was even going to go as far as to write a letter to Kevin Spacey to see if he might be interested in inviting Keith to perform at the Old Vic here in London, then I remembered that our Actor Fella wouldn't be all too pleased to work for someone who starred in the Hollywood version of 'Eyes Beyond Seeing', and left it at that.
Has anyone here ever watch the movie 'K-Pax'? It is practically the exact same story as EBS, only the guy who ends up in the psychiatric ward believes to be an alien instead of Jesus as Keith's character did, all the same Spacey made a lot of money with that movie not to mention giving him extra notoriety in the Hollywood circles, whereas Keith got pretty much squat for a performance which IMHO was 100 times more heartfelt and touching than Spacey's ever could/would be!!!
Yeah, can anybody say major slap in the face if Keith was ever to work for Spacey?! :rolleyes:

shione123

Post by shione123 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:05 am

Ashanti, I actually like Kevin Spacey but I can understand why Keith feels the way he does. In my opinion, I think he might be open to the idea of working alongside(not as a boss over) Keith but if that doesn't sit well with Keith...maybe it's best to leave it alone. On my wishlist for Keith in the near future...a regular gig so the costume designer will do right by him and tailor his wardrobe.

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:37 am

^^^
Yeah I don't have anything against Kevin Spacey myself, but from the conversation Keith and I had about him guest appearing at the Old Vic, I got the impression my initial idea that he wouldn't really like being there, was accurate and left the whole thing at that.

I agree with the regular gig idea so that he can finally have a decent wardrobe to use though. :wink:

shione123

Re: Keith's new gig..."Find And Sign" (Jan 13 through 28, 20

Post by shione123 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:34 am

That's something else we can agree on, Ashanti. ;)

fantasia

Post by fantasia » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:32 am

A "little birdy" told me that one of our MB Members attended a performance of 'Find And Sign' in Salt Lake.
Maybe she could post a short report with her impressions of the play...just a thought!

I guess everyone is really busy these days. I should be finishing my work instead of checking this site. It is way past my bedtime.

I just wanted to say that I did go to Utah to see "Find and Sign" and really enjoyed it. I'll write about it when I am not half asleep.

If anyone has any specific questions, let me know.

michael elizabeth

Post by michael elizabeth » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:12 pm

Did you get to talk with him, fantasia?

shione123

Post by shione123 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:17 am

You will have to give us the 411, Fantasia. That's great news! :)

michael elizabeth

Post by michael elizabeth » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:37 pm

I got a feeling.....

Anything new coming our way?

Anything in the works for Keith, Ashanti?

A hint, maybe a rumor? :noidea:

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:47 pm

^^^
Hey sis! :hello:

Funnily enough, I've been having a feeling too since reading the Denver Center line up of shows for next season. And this feeling is specifically centered around their season opener; August Wilson's 'Fences'.
In my opinion Keith would make an excellent lead character in that specific production, and so I've encouraged him to get in touch with the Company's Artistic Director to let him know he would be interested.
If this will lead to anything more I cannot say, but a girl can sure hope! :wink:

shione123

Post by shione123 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:17 am

That would be great, Ashanti. Please keep us posted. :)