"A Midsummer Night's Dream" - May 8 through June 2nd 2013

Discussion about all the stuff Keith has worked on,
along with what he will work on in the future

Moderators: D.Rabbit, Ashanti, Karin, mancheeks64

Ashanti

"A Midsummer Night's Dream" - May 8 through June 2nd 2013

Post by Ashanti » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:31 pm

So we have a brand new gig for all our lucky KHC fans in Upstate NY and surrounding areas.

Our Actor Fella will be playing the roles of Oberon and Theseus in Geva Theatre Center's upcoming production of Shakespeare's "A Midsummer Night's Dream" that will be running from May 6 through June 2nd 2013 in Rochester, NY.
The above link will direct you to the synopsis page and where to buy tickets.

Hope some of you guys will be able to make it up there and enjoy seeing Keith do what he does best. :D
What does it profit a man to gain the world and loose his soul. If you don't know where you're coming from, you don't know where you're heading. Past, present and future.

michael elizabeth

Re: "A Midsummer Night's Dream" - May 8 through June 2nd 201

Post by michael elizabeth » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:36 pm

I actually considered tweeting this question to Keith but, I chickened out. Not because I am afraid to talk with him but, because I am leery about joining any social media.

So how will he be playing these two parts? Will he use prosthetics & make-up? Maybe alter his voice?

P.S. Thanks for the twitter tutorial, Ashanti.

P.P.S. The smilies aren't working for me.

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:06 am

michael elizabeth wrote:Not because I am afraid to talk with him but, because I am leery about joining any social media.
I get you ME, I've never been too keen on joining social media either, but there are ways to keep your privacy intact on these places so once you learn how to do that, is all good.
So how will he be playing these two parts? Will he use prosthetics & make-up? Maybe alter his voice?
I'm not 100% sure how is gonna work. He said the two characters are never in the same scenes together, so I guess a change in costume and yeah maybe prosthetics or fake facial hair or a wig, should do the trick.
If I remember (my memory isn't as good as it used to be) I'll ask him when we next speak and let you know his answer.
P.S. Thanks for the twitter tutorial, Ashanti.
You're welcome babe, hope my explanation actually made some sense!
What does it profit a man to gain the world and loose his soul. If you don't know where you're coming from, you don't know where you're heading. Past, present and future.

mare_serenitatis
Site Admin

Post by mare_serenitatis » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:02 pm

I don't think there'll be prosthetics or big makeup changes. There's not enough time between the scenes to apply and remove them. A wig and a change of costume seems more practical.
Also, let's not forget that a good actor can slip a character on like a glove. His body language and - well, aura, for lack of a better word - changes.
For example: you may have noticed that there are people who constantly get overlooked. On the other hand there are people whom you already seem to notice even before they enter. People do that subconsciousely - it's a part of their personality.
There are some actors (sadly few) who can expand or retract their personality deliberately to such a degree. They don't need makeup or costumes. They somehow become the character and switch seemingly effortless between emperor and waiter, god or slave. It's fascinating - and a little creepy. Good examples for this talent are Peter Wingfield or Sir Alec Guiness.

I haven't seen enough of Keith's work yet to be able to judge whether he can do it as well, but I'm looking forward to finding it out :)

fantasia

Post by fantasia » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:02 pm

Thanks for the information Ashanti. I'm happy to hear that it's Shakespeare. I've never seen him do Shakespeare.
By the way. Did you ever find out how the All My Children Reunions turned out?

shione123

Post by shione123 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:17 am

Thanks for the info, Ashanti! :)

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:04 am

You're welcome Fantasia & Shione! :D
By the way. Did you ever find out how the All My Children Reunions turned out?
No Fantasia I keep forgetting to ask him, but I have the feeling it was cancelled due to the damage from Sandy. I'll try to remember to mention it to him next time we speak.

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Fri May 10, 2013 10:57 pm

Ok so, this is a pic of our Actor Fella as Oberon in the first preview performance that was held a couple days ago. :D
Attachments
Pic 58 (1st preview performance 'Midsummer' - May 8, '13).jpg
Pic 58 (1st preview performance 'Midsummer' - May 8, '13).jpg (250.94 KiB) Viewed 3227 times

shione123

Post by shione123 » Wed May 15, 2013 1:27 am

Thanks for posting this pic, Ashanti! :)

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Fri May 31, 2013 2:20 pm

I'm sure everybody here has quite possibly heard of this interview either through Keith's Facebook page or Twitter post, however if there still someone who hasn't, here it is again for your viewing pleasure! :D :wink:

fantasia

Post by fantasia » Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:15 am

Thanks for posting that interview Ashanti. It took me 30 minutes to find my son being interviewed on HuffinPost with the link he provided. I gave up trying to find the interviews from Rochester.

fantasia

Post by fantasia » Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:19 am

I don't know how I forgot to mention that I got a chance to see the play. It was fantastic! The scenery was beautiful, the costumes were great, and Keith was awesome. It was well worth the long train ride from New York City.

shione123

Post by shione123 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:02 am

Thanks for the link, Ashanti! I'm happy you got a chance to see the play, Fantasia. So did I and I totally agree with you. :-)