Keith on Noahs Arc

Discussion about all the stuff Keith has worked on,
along with what he will work on in the future

Moderators: D.Rabbit, Ashanti, Karin, mancheeks64

D.Rabbit

Post by D.Rabbit » Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:00 pm

Fantasia, sorry to hear you are VCR challenged, me too, for sure, I have two of them, both unplugged because I can't figure out how to stop them from spitting out the tapes. They probably are both toast but it would be nice to get them going again so I could copy that exercise tape Keith made back in his AMC days. I think he's fairly safe, until someone drops a machine that converts VHS to DVDs in my lap.

I definitely am going to buy the DVD. I only have the DVD player on my computer, but it's the best place to have it.

After Sprinkles description of the booty shots, I hope to be able to round of my rear view collection, there are so few, you know.

sprinkles

Post by sprinkles » Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:15 pm

Um !!!!!the man sure is bootylicious Lol!!! Oh and where ever the smiley came from the said kneel suckers. That was the perfect discription when KHC stood up. It was like his body said okay you boys had your fun now stand back a let a real man show you how its done.

THUDD!!

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:38 pm

sprinkles wrote: It was like his body said okay you boys had your fun now stand back a let a real man show you how its done.
Well, I think that is what always happens when our man is around...wasn't it virtually the same when he stepped onto the Andromeda at the end of ep1 with the BFG in his arms??!!

SWOON....THUD!!!!!!......Ouch! :D

A.
What does it profit a man to gain the world and loose his soul. If you don't know where you're coming from, you don't know where you're heading. Past, present and future.

mancheeks64

I'm Back

Post by mancheeks64 » Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:06 am

Hey guys. I haven't forgotten you. I just wanted to have something exciting to tell you guys and boy do I.

Tonight I have had the pleasure of being in the company of the whose who of Black entertainment. All for a worthwhile and urgent cause. It was a very tearful and motivating night to see how so many of the "industry" is starting to get that HIV/AIDS is devastating the Black community.

Tonight, amongst a whole heap of political and activist figures we enjoyed songs from T.C. Carter (from Living Single, Kyle Barker), and Cheryl Lynn, who still hits those high notes like she did back in the day (Got To Be Real). Among the other noteables were the cast from my favorite show Noah's Arc. Jensen Atwood (Wade) remembered me and wow did I feel special. I finally go the chance to meet (HIM) Keith Hamilton Cobb who was on the second season of Noah's Arc. And from what he told me will be in some of the third season if it comes back. Patrik Ian-Polk, the creator of the show, is the one who bless me with the tickets to attend. He is was also one of the ones being honored. There were about 6 others who were being recognized. The main honoree was non other than Dionne Warwick, who looked fabulous. Tracey Ellis Ross (Girlfriends), Debbie Morgan, Loretta Devine, Rocky Caroll (from Roc), Carl Lewis, Vanessa Williams, and so many others were all a part of the show and were in mingling distance for a couple of hours before the main presentation.

Phil Wilson, the Executive Director of The Black AIDS Institute, really touch a lot of people with his speech about how we (black people have to take control of this disease that is devastating our people). If it were another race that was being devastated I am very sure that the government would be in full force to get things done. Doesn't matter about race, gender, sexual identity etc., all of that doesn't matter. We need to realize that we all are one, and do something to stop this mess. So, with that in mind we have to, we must get involved. He also spoke of a man named Omololu from Africa who worked closely with Phil, who took notice of how hard the "struggle" that both of them face daily. However, he understood why he had such a hard time with his work, but couldn't understand how Phil had such a hard time with Black Americans. "Don't they know they have access and resources to much more than Africans do yet they still are dying." There was so much more that went on and Carl Lewis and Loretta Devine were the host and Loretta had a lot of us in stitches.

Well, just wanted to share what my night was like, while it was fresh in my mind. Ya'll know how I forget. If any of your would like to check out the website and do your part here is the link: http://www.blackaids.org/

Also, my friend took some pics and if you would like to check them out hit me up. I took a pic with Keith and man, I am in heaven. You'll see what I mean when you see it.......as soon as my friend sends it to me.

Much love,

Mark
Remember Love,
Mark

Karin

Post by Karin » Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:38 pm

MARK!!!! You did it! You joined the "I've Met KHC and Lived To Tell About It" Club! More details - full replay of your conversation! And I can't WAIT to see the picture!

How's you're recovery coming along? Must be pretty good if you were out schmoozing with the stars.

Julia2001

Post by Julia2001 » Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:00 pm

Hi, dear Mark. I'm glad to see you here again. Thank you very much for your really exciting report. I'm interested to catch any info about Keith especially now when his official site is down (I’m afraid – forever). I can’t wait for coming out Seas2 on DVD. I hope it’ll be soon. And I hope very much I’ll be able to buy it.
You know, Mark, in my view you’re lucky man – to meet such talented persons as Keith it’s a happiness. I wait for your pics with impatience.
Love from Julia.

D.Rabbit

Re: I'm Back

Post by D.Rabbit » Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:19 pm

(((((((Mark)))))))

What a pleasure to see you here again, and your news is most welcome.

Season 3 is iffy? I'm glad to hear Keith is hoping to return to the show if there is a season 3. The show does make a difference... would make a bigger difference if it was picked up by the network.
If I was in the position to open some eyes, I'd be on their door step with a mob of supporters to back me up.

mancheeks64 wrote:
Phil Wilson, the Executive Director of The Black AIDS Institute, really touch a lot of people with his speech about how we (black people have to take control of this disease that is devastating our people). If it were another race that was being devastated I am very sure that the government would be in full force to get things done.

It's not just the AA's that have been devastated, my long time friend and dance partner, Sam, was not black, and he died of AIDS. It's not much different than society looking at Hookers as toss away people, if you don't fit "the mold" of the moral majority your second class or worse. Just another ugly side of elitism. The banding together in one strata of the society or another is good for support but not the answer to the, "all."

If any of your would like to check out the website and do your part here is the link: http://www.blackaids.org/
I would check it out but my resources are limited and I fear that what I would meet there is a yet another bandage solution.

If you have not read what Dr. Fred Bell has to say in this link you will know that there is a much more devastating situation going on then just AIDS.

Those with resources will look after their own first, it's a matter of the nucleus family and not the family of man.
I think we humans have developed a severe case of tunnel vision when it comes to looking at the planet as a whole. Even with our view of the planet from the stars, it's going to take a while to sink in that we are, "all "and not just, "us and them."

Must fly I have a date.
Unconditional Love is all you need.

Osiris Under Glass

mancheeks64

Post by mancheeks64 » Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:12 pm

Yep, I can't wait to see these pics either. I think I will bug my friend to send them right away. I mentioned the group to Keith and I was so out of it, that I almost forgot the name. When I finally remembered he said that he has visited this site before. I told him I have been in love with him since All My Children. Yes, I said............I was a little embarrassed and I guess he sense it and he just said, "oh man thank you, thank you so much" and flashed those pearly whites. I nearly fell out right there. He is BIG, very tall man. And his legs looked skinner than I imagine. But, ya'll know this did not take away his swagger or style. LOL, I literally ran after him telling my friends to just come on. I was not letting this opportunity get by me again.

I will tell more when I get the pics.

Yes, D, I know that HIV/AIDS has devasted a lot of people regardless of race, gender, etc. But, right now as of lately the AA community seems to be the hardest being hit. And a lot of us are still not taking advantage of the education that is out there. When AA make up for only about 12% of the population and are half of the newly diagnose cases each year. This is from the CDC:

According to the 2000 census, African Americans make up 12.3% of the US population. However, African Americans accounted for 19,206 (50%) of the estimated 38,730 new HIV/AIDS diagnoses in the United States in the 35 areas with long-term, confidential name-based HIV reporting.

So, that has cause me great concern, but not lacking of concerned for other groups as well. That is all I am talking about.
I think we humans have developed a severe case of tunnel vision when it comes to looking at the planet as a whole. Even with our view of the planet from the stars, it's going to take a while to sink in that we are, "all "and not just, "us and them."

Man, D...where you there last night? This pastor who was being honored too said exactly the same thing, just phrased differently. Wow, how fascinating. And you and him are right the moment we all realize that we are "one" what a wonderful world it will be. I think in addition or maybe before that can happen all of us......yes, all of us must know without a shadow of a doubt that the universe if for us and not against us.

Be back soon my beautiful ladies.

Mark
Remember Love,
Mark

D.Rabbit

Post by D.Rabbit » Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:23 pm

Did I mention I'm suppose to be the next Messiah? (and I don't even live in Cali) I'm not surprised that my views are not just my own. I'm happy to know that others are out there making a difference while I wait for what ever the significance of the prophecy has to offer. I suspect I'm honing my people skills, being a loner it takes a little longer.

What I see as the problem is not just lack of information, but lack of self esteem. One does not take risks like unprotected sex, if one has a healthy respect for their own life. This will lead me back to making the, "Golden Rule," law in the public school system and derail this thread, so I'll stop here.

LOL on you dogging after Keith for a photo op! He's cool that way, I have many a saved photo of Keith and his fans, and I'm not surprised at all that he's been here, it's why I often wave at him.

D. waves at Pooky, throws a kiss, Love ya darling.
Now get back to work on your web site. ;)

Mark, hurry up with those photos, I want to see how well the operation took.

mancheeks64

Post by mancheeks64 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:14 pm

Ok, my friends, go to the "album" section and check out the pics. I actually had to go over my friends house and trouble shoot his computer. He couldn't for some reason attach the pics. But, I got it to work.

Enjoy,

Mark
Remember Love,
Mark

D.Rabbit

Post by D.Rabbit » Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:44 am

Get your hands off my man Mark!

Only kidding of course, but also a wee bit jealous.

I love Keith's suit, but it's probably just the pin strips that make his legs look as thin as they appeared.

Your looking good, pretty soon your going to have to take that watch in and have the jeweler take out a few links in the band.

Thanks so much for thinking of us and going the distance. Your the best.

Karin

Post by Karin » Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:58 pm

{{Mark!}} Thanks for sharing the pictures! You're looking good, by the way! And Keith...no duct tape in sight I see! Lookin' hot as always!

D.Rabbit

Post by D.Rabbit » Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:08 am

Karin, at this point if Keith had any duct tape he would be using it to bind up your fingers. ;)

Julia2001

Post by Julia2001 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:10 am

Dear Mark. Thank you very much for pictures. It's fine!
Love from Julia.

Ashanti

Post by Ashanti » Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:58 pm

{{{{{Mark}}}}}

So glad to see you back bro, missed ya!!! :D

Well, you've finally done it, huh? You got to meet the man himself face to face, good on you, I'm happy.
It was also good to hear he may be back for 'NA" S3...I was able to watch S2 at last, and found the show (not only Keith's performance) extreamly enjoyable. You, sprinkles and all the others who said the show it's great, were absolutely right, it is!
I actually said I'd be inclined to watch S3 even if our Actor Fella wasn't coming back...I guess, after what you reported, I may have an even better reason to watch next year!! :wink:
Thanks for sharing the pics, they are lovely. I happen to like Keith in a suit very much, don't know exactly why...he simply looks 'the part'.

Please keep us posted on your post-surgery progress, ok? And don't be a stranger!

:heart: Ashanti
What does it profit a man to gain the world and loose his soul. If you don't know where you're coming from, you don't know where you're heading. Past, present and future.