Generally about Noahs Arc

Discussion about all the stuff Keith has worked on,
along with what he will work on in the future

Moderators: D.Rabbit, Ashanti, Karin, mancheeks64

Lea

Generally about Noahs Arc

Post by Lea » Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:32 pm

Hi, Mark!

Can you tell about how Noahs Arc communicates with the fans? Does it have a fan mail address or something? Do they answer fans questions? Are there official meetings between fans and the actors? Something else?

mancheeks64

Post by mancheeks64 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:15 am

Hi Lea, as for an official meeting I would have to say not to my understanding. A lot of the cast members when they are not shooting are seen at gay clubs signing autographs or just kicking it with us. That is one way they are connecting with the fans. The official way to write and hopefully get something returned is through Logo, www.logoonline.com Several of the actors as well as the creator is on myspace.com Which is where I mostly communicate with them. Also, there are some blogs that have interview or comments about the show, www.keithboykins.com and www.rodonline.typepad.com Rod's blog just had part 1 of an interview with Darryl Stephens (Noah). It was a very refreshing and enlightening interview. He commented on how hurt he was when he read that a lot of the black gay community snubbed the show bcause they felt that it didn't represent ALL of the community and the main character were too effeminent. Man, I remember those days. I was online making my comments defending the show and I had to stop, because I found myself getting off the computer angry everyday. So,I had to take care of myself. Anyway, I hope this helps sweetie. Feel free to ask me anything else. If I don't know the answer I will try to find out.

Remember love,
Mark
Remember Love,
Mark

sprinkles

Post by sprinkles » Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:05 pm

Darryl Stephens (Noah). It was a very refreshing and enlightening interview. He commented on how hurt he was when he read that a lot of the black gay community snubbed the show bcause they felt that it didn't represent ALL of the community and the main character were too effeminent. Man, I remember those days. I was online making my comments defending the show and I had to stop, because I found myself getting off the computer angry everyday. So,I had to take care of myself. Anyway, I hope this helps sweetie. Feel free to ask me anything else. If I don't know the answer I will try to find out.

Remember love,
Mark

:cry: Mark you will find critics everywhere, as I am sure you know. I hear you on the getting off the PC in anger and all. I guess that saying, smoothe sailing is only meant for boats hum. :cry: Yeah I have always tried really hard to stay away from the negative that upset me online. So I searched and search for the friendly sites where folks can just be friendly and real. There out there I pray the trolls stay away, that is just looking to cause trouble so that good folks can just talk and have fun you know. But this is the real world. But sometimes you just have to walk away to keep your sanity you know. I sense watching the 1/2 hour show that Darryl Stephen is a very sensitive man. Oh and what a cutie pie he is. I guess hearing how the majority of the gay community responded to the show upset him. Like I said them darn critic :evil:

mancheeks64

Post by mancheeks64 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:08 am

Yeah, but look at the response of the show now. I am glad Logo is putting them out there like this. Now, they are comparing it to Queer As Folks. And I heard a lot of the fans who watched that show is tuning in to Noah's Arc. Especially since the show QAF is done.

But, I guess we will all have to deal with critics in one way or another. Life goes on, and everyone is entitled to thier opinions.

Be blessed,
Remember Love,
Mark

sprinkles

Post by sprinkles » Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:38 pm

Amen to that. I just get irked when folks try and force other to feel the way they do. I wish folks would just let others come to there own conclusion about things period. I mean we all have minds right, hehe well at least some of us do

mancheeks64

Post by mancheeks64 » Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:09 pm

Reminder there are some fabulous interviews with the cast on www.keithboykin.com Keith has already interviewed Jensen Atwood (Wade), Darryl Stephens (Noah), and most recently Christian Vincent (Ricky). The moderator of the blog is kinda like the character Quincy (KHC). A strong Gay Activist. He is does the interview once a week. So, who knows maybe he will get to our man. But, as it looks like right now it is just the main cast.

Remember love,
Mark
Remember Love,
Mark